Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   V+ : HDMI socket on a SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA has stopped working... (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33685774)

MacmillaN 21-02-2012 15:36

HDMI socket on a SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA has stopped working...

The HDMI socket on a V+ SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA Explorer 8300DVB has stopped working.

I have tested all the HDMI sockets on my TV using another HDMI device and that appears to be working with the TV.

Just wondering if this was known issue..?

Also, I need a new remote as the one i have is falling apart, just wondering if Virgin send out new ones for free, obviously with a free post envelope to send the old unit back?

Thanks.

jamiefrost 21-02-2012 15:46

Re: HDMI socket on a SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA has stopped working...

Happen on out old V+ box where the port would keep failing had it swapped out and replaced.

J

Digital Fanatic 21-02-2012 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacmillaN (Post 35385737)
The HDMI socket on a V+ SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA Explorer 8300DVB has stopped working.

I have tested all the HDMI sockets on my TV using another HDMI device and that appears to be working with the TV.

Just wondering if this was known issue..?

Also, I need a new remote as the one i have is falling apart, just wondering if Virgin send out new ones for free, obviously with a free post envelope to send the old unit back?

Thanks.

Call tech support, you need a box swap via a free engineer visit.

m419 21-02-2012 16:46

Scientific Atlanta now trades as Cisco as Cisco Systems took over the company several years ago therefore it sounds like an old box and just needs replacing with a new one, you will most likely get a Samsung one.

Same with General Instrument, they are now owned by Motorola and any user guides can be downloaded on the website. However, I don't think they give out surfboard modems and General Instrument boxes anymore.

jb66 21-02-2012 17:27

Known fault with sa boxes, get your recordings watched and call up. The engineer can upgrade your v+ for a TiVo with no install fee

essjay 21-02-2012 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb66 (Post 35385795)
Known fault with sa boxes, get your recordings watched and call up. The engineer can downgrade your v+ for a TiVo with no install fee

Fixed it for you :)

Wicked_and_Crazy 22-02-2012 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb66 (Post 35385795)
Known fault with sa boxes, get your recordings watched and call up. The engineer can upgrade your v+ for a TiVo with no install fee

And increase you monthly bill for the privilege ;)