Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

Osem 27-06-2014 08:42

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Poncy restaurants which insist on serving food on anything other than functioning plates (slates, boards, etc.) and ration accompanying sauces to little more than a smear or a dribble.

denphone 27-06-2014 09:01

Your best bet Osem is to make your own restaurant type meals at home and there you are in charge and can do things to your own liking.

Osem 27-06-2014 09:24

That's exactly what I do when I'm feeling creative (and hungry...). I love cooking and doing it at home saves a fortune too. :)

heero_yuy 27-06-2014 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35710198)
That's exactly what I do when I'm feeling creative (and hungry...). I love cooking and doing it at home saves a fortune too. :)

Too right! You know what went into the food and if you're counting calories, like us, you can keep them low as well.

My Moan: Late payers, as usual: Making the excuse that they only do accounting runs at the end of the month. Not so good when you put your 14 day invoice in on the first. :mad:

I wonder if that works with the utlities. :scratch:

They probably get preferential terms unlike us proles. :(

weenie 27-06-2014 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35710186)
I really despise gardening. Luckily one of my friends is a gardener and he does it for me as long as I look I after his laptop :)

Duncan hates gardening too dilli, whereas I find it quite relaxing don't get me wrong I do cheat as I plan to lay artificial grass in our back garden and get a nice water feature as I'm fed up with the dull mono bloc and flower beds we have at the moment.

My moan today is impatience on the road, today I had someone sitting so close to me that when I looked in the rear view mirror I would have sworn they were sitting in the back of my car. I was stuck behind a car and the car in front was behind a tractor then the idiot behind me overtook myself and the car in front as well as the tractor posing a risk to all of us IMO don't get me wrong I'm not a slow driver but common sense tells you this is dangerous.

Uncle Peter 28-06-2014 14:31

Not paying attention... just bought a new hoover at Argos and looked on my receipt to find that I had also paid for 2x Supersoakers and 3x Spongebob bubble machines.

MadGamer 29-06-2014 17:01

First moan of the new thread for me. I have impacted ear wax and can't hear anything out of my right ear at all :(

denphone 29-06-2014 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadGamer (Post 35710609)
First moan of the new thread for me. I have impacted ear wax and can't hear anything out of my right ear at all :(

Have you tried anything from your chemist yet for it MG?.

MadGamer 29-06-2014 17:10

Not yet, going to try and get hold of some olive oil ear drops tomorrow

weenie 29-06-2014 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadGamer (Post 35710614)
Not yet, going to try and get hold of some olive oil ear drops tomorrow

Have you tried Earol Olive Oil Spray, I have used this and what I like about it is there is no mess, no dropper and no cotton wool. MadGamer you can get this from Boots or most chemists.
When I had a build up of ear wax, I spoke to the pharmacist and this is what she recommended for me, hopefully you will get something for it tomorrow.

Hom3r 29-06-2014 20:35

Earlier in the year my companies owner had a stroke, when he was fit to travel him & his wife charted a plane (I've heard this was around £50,000) to his home in India.

Last month his wife came back and sold his car, and then the rumours that she was looking at selling up started.

Well on Thursday we all got a letter stating that within the 12 months the company will be formally put up for sale following a period of consultation, amalgamation, cost reduction and restructuring, (in my book that is cut staff, but be are at low levels anyway).

So on Tuesday there is a meeting planned.

heero_yuy 30-06-2014 09:26

Met office web site: It's always been a bit slow, particularly on the pages where you can look at the rainfall and cloud cover for the past few hours. Since they revamped the look it has become utterly glacial. Basically unusable.

Perhaps they need to take a few processors away from the forecast machine and give them to the servers. What's the point of a good forecast if nobody can access it?

Hom3r 30-06-2014 20:48

Lost all tv and broadband so I will miss the German game tonight:mad:

I can't watch it on my mobile with unlimited data as I'm on T-Mobile and the signal strength is scraper than crap.

TheDaddy 01-07-2014 00:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35710668)
Earlier in the year my companies owner had a stroke, when he was fit to travel him & his wife charted a plane (I've heard this was around £50,000) to his home in India.

Last month his wife came back and sold his car, and then the rumours that she was looking at selling up started.

Well on Thursday we all got a letter stating that within the 12 months the company will be formally put up for sale following a period of consultation, amalgamation, cost reduction and restructuring, (in my book that is cut staff, but be are at low levels anyway).

So on Tuesday there is a meeting planned.

Good luck David, tough times ahead, hope things turn out ok for you

weenie 01-07-2014 12:50

Hom3r I hope things get better for you soon.

After spending a fortune at M and Ds Scotland theme park on Sunday a friend of mine said I could have saved 20% of the ticket price if I had used a code from the visit Scotland website Arhhh I hate when that happens.