Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

Russ 26-06-2014 07:33

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

New thread seeing as part 7 was up to 227 pages....

dilli-theclaw 26-06-2014 07:35

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

We'll then as I'm sure I was a prolific poster ;) I will go first :)

I am getting stressed about the viewing I have today.

denphone 26-06-2014 07:54

Just keep calm dilli and just let things take their course as what will be will be.

Maggy 26-06-2014 07:54

Is that for a house?

dilli-theclaw 26-06-2014 07:56

A two bed roomed adapted bungalow in a nearby town.

heero_yuy 26-06-2014 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35709925)
A two bed roomed adapted bungalow in a nearby town.

Good Luck. :tu:

I'd resisted FF28's constant requests to update to 29 and then 30 (I know you can turn them off) but today I clicked a link in an email from my sister to add to linkedup and FF opened and installed 30 without my permission. :mad::mad::mad: Looks like poo.

Thanks to Joglynn's link to classic restorer in the IT section sanity is preserved. Thanks Jo :tu:

MalteseFalcon 26-06-2014 09:05

1 Attachment(s)
Got too much time on my hands it seems, and yes dilli you are number one poster.

dilli-theclaw 26-06-2014 09:07

Just proves I really should moan less :)

Gary L 26-06-2014 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35709932)

Or get out more :)

dilli-theclaw 26-06-2014 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35709933)
Or get out more :)

As easy as that eh?

I'm surprised you have time to post yourself actually what with your other 'activities'.

Gary L 26-06-2014 09:32

Oh, I manage to fit it all in.

dilli-theclaw 26-06-2014 09:34

I'm sure you do.

denphone 26-06-2014 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35709932)

You can moan as much as you want dilli.:)

tizmeinnit 26-06-2014 10:21

Gary Dilli is one of the best blokes around there is no need to hassle him save that for those who deserve it Dilli don't

dilli-theclaw 26-06-2014 13:09

Looks like I was wrong - we got it :)

tizmeinnit 26-06-2014 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35710012)

well chuffed for ya mate

heero_yuy 26-06-2014 13:17

Quote:

Oh well done dilli. Looks like lady luck was smiling down on you today at last. :tu:

weenie 26-06-2014 13:38

Quote:

BRILLIANT NEWS dilli well chuffed for you :D

Pauls9 26-06-2014 13:56

Congrats Dilli. When are you moving?

denphone 26-06-2014 14:01

Quote:

That's wonderful news dilli.:)

joglynne 26-06-2014 14:01

Great news Dilli. Very happy for you both.

dilli-theclaw 26-06-2014 14:41

Cheers all :) - got to get keys next week then moving within a week or so I should think.

rhyds 26-06-2014 14:42

Fantastic news

MalteseFalcon 26-06-2014 17:03

Well done, when do we on CF get the invite for the house warming party? I've got some lagers sitting gathering dust from my birthday last year.

dilli-theclaw 26-06-2014 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35710086)
Well done, when do we on CF get the invite for the house warming party? I've got some lagers sitting gathering dust from my birthday last year.

Stevenage is closer than most ;) So who knows :)

Taf 26-06-2014 18:37

A couple of families close by have let their gardens run to seed again... mostly Dandelions and Horsetails. That will mean loads of floating seeds on their way to gardens of people who try to maintain theirs well. :(

weenie 26-06-2014 18:56

It is annoying when you try and keep your garden tidy and other's around do not bother, our neighbour has brambles growing in her trees that come through to ours it is most unsightly and sometimes I do wonder why I bother Taf, and it is at the front garden as well as the back one.

---------- Post added at 18:56 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

Also to make matters worse they have left there trees to grow wild but hopefully not for long ;) fingers crossed.

GrimUpNorth 26-06-2014 20:44

My mum's had her morphine changed to oxycodone. It's frustrating that they can't seem to find the cause of her severe back pain, but they're adamant that it's nothing to do with her cancer and that she's still well enough to continue with her chemo (so maybe this should be in the happy thought thread!).

Cheers

Grim

MalteseFalcon 26-06-2014 23:10

Wow, some pretty powerful drugs there. I was on a course of strong codeine after my knee operation, knocked me sideways for a few weeks but worth it to not feel the pain in my knee.

Word of warning, when trying to install drivers after a clean install remember to use the right disc. I tried using a different disc to the one I should be using, only just realised. Been pondering that since half past 2 this afternoon. Feel such a pillock.

dilli-theclaw 27-06-2014 06:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35710107)
It is annoying when you try and keep your garden tidy and other's around do not bother, our neighbour has brambles growing in her trees that come through to ours it is most unsightly and sometimes I do wonder why I bother Taf, and it is at the front garden as well as the back one.

---------- Post added at 18:56 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

Also to make matters worse they have left there trees to grow wild but hopefully not for long ;) fingers crossed.

I really despise gardening. Luckily one of my friends is a gardener and he does it for me as long as I look I after his laptop :)

Osem 27-06-2014 08:42

Poncy restaurants which insist on serving food on anything other than functioning plates (slates, boards, etc.) and ration accompanying sauces to little more than a smear or a dribble.

denphone 27-06-2014 09:01

Your best bet Osem is to make your own restaurant type meals at home and there you are in charge and can do things to your own liking.

Osem 27-06-2014 09:24

That's exactly what I do when I'm feeling creative (and hungry...). I love cooking and doing it at home saves a fortune too. :)

heero_yuy 27-06-2014 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35710198)
That's exactly what I do when I'm feeling creative (and hungry...). I love cooking and doing it at home saves a fortune too. :)

Too right! You know what went into the food and if you're counting calories, like us, you can keep them low as well.

My Moan: Late payers, as usual: Making the excuse that they only do accounting runs at the end of the month. Not so good when you put your 14 day invoice in on the first. :mad:

I wonder if that works with the utlities. :scratch:

They probably get preferential terms unlike us proles. :(

weenie 27-06-2014 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35710186)
I really despise gardening. Luckily one of my friends is a gardener and he does it for me as long as I look I after his laptop :)

Duncan hates gardening too dilli, whereas I find it quite relaxing don't get me wrong I do cheat as I plan to lay artificial grass in our back garden and get a nice water feature as I'm fed up with the dull mono bloc and flower beds we have at the moment.

My moan today is impatience on the road, today I had someone sitting so close to me that when I looked in the rear view mirror I would have sworn they were sitting in the back of my car. I was stuck behind a car and the car in front was behind a tractor then the idiot behind me overtook myself and the car in front as well as the tractor posing a risk to all of us IMO don't get me wrong I'm not a slow driver but common sense tells you this is dangerous.

Uncle Peter 28-06-2014 14:31

Not paying attention... just bought a new hoover at Argos and looked on my receipt to find that I had also paid for 2x Supersoakers and 3x Spongebob bubble machines.

MadGamer 29-06-2014 17:01

First moan of the new thread for me. I have impacted ear wax and can't hear anything out of my right ear at all :(

denphone 29-06-2014 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadGamer (Post 35710609)
First moan of the new thread for me. I have impacted ear wax and can't hear anything out of my right ear at all :(

Have you tried anything from your chemist yet for it MG?.

MadGamer 29-06-2014 17:10

Not yet, going to try and get hold of some olive oil ear drops tomorrow

weenie 29-06-2014 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadGamer (Post 35710614)
Not yet, going to try and get hold of some olive oil ear drops tomorrow

Have you tried Earol Olive Oil Spray, I have used this and what I like about it is there is no mess, no dropper and no cotton wool. MadGamer you can get this from Boots or most chemists.
When I had a build up of ear wax, I spoke to the pharmacist and this is what she recommended for me, hopefully you will get something for it tomorrow.

Hom3r 29-06-2014 20:35

Earlier in the year my companies owner had a stroke, when he was fit to travel him & his wife charted a plane (I've heard this was around £50,000) to his home in India.

Last month his wife came back and sold his car, and then the rumours that she was looking at selling up started.

Well on Thursday we all got a letter stating that within the 12 months the company will be formally put up for sale following a period of consultation, amalgamation, cost reduction and restructuring, (in my book that is cut staff, but be are at low levels anyway).

So on Tuesday there is a meeting planned.

heero_yuy 30-06-2014 09:26

Met office web site: It's always been a bit slow, particularly on the pages where you can look at the rainfall and cloud cover for the past few hours. Since they revamped the look it has become utterly glacial. Basically unusable.

Perhaps they need to take a few processors away from the forecast machine and give them to the servers. What's the point of a good forecast if nobody can access it?

Hom3r 30-06-2014 20:48

Lost all tv and broadband so I will miss the German game tonight:mad:

I can't watch it on my mobile with unlimited data as I'm on T-Mobile and the signal strength is scraper than crap.

TheDaddy 01-07-2014 00:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35710668)
Earlier in the year my companies owner had a stroke, when he was fit to travel him & his wife charted a plane (I've heard this was around £50,000) to his home in India.

Last month his wife came back and sold his car, and then the rumours that she was looking at selling up started.

Well on Thursday we all got a letter stating that within the 12 months the company will be formally put up for sale following a period of consultation, amalgamation, cost reduction and restructuring, (in my book that is cut staff, but be are at low levels anyway).

So on Tuesday there is a meeting planned.

Good luck David, tough times ahead, hope things turn out ok for you

weenie 01-07-2014 12:50

Hom3r I hope things get better for you soon.

After spending a fortune at M and Ds Scotland theme park on Sunday a friend of mine said I could have saved 20% of the ticket price if I had used a code from the visit Scotland website Arhhh I hate when that happens.

Osem 01-07-2014 13:39

Ryanair! They're continually trying to find new ways to force money from their customers. Just found out that the usual 30 day online check-in has been reduced to 7 days unless you've paid for allocated seats. This means that anyone away for more than 1 week has to either pay for allocated seats or print out their return boarding passes when they're abroad.

Uncle Peter 01-07-2014 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35711139)
Ryanair! They're continually trying to find new ways to force money from their customers. Just found out that the usual 30 day online check-in has been reduced to 7 days unless you've paid for allocated seats. This means that anyone flying for more than 1 week has to either pay for allocated seats or print out their return boarding passes when they're abroad.

Ardal O'Hanlon joked that Ryanair were going to do away with planes altogether and just fire everyone out of a giant catapult.

O'Leary would do that if he could get away with it!

joglynne 01-07-2014 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Peter (Post 35711141)
Ardal O'Hanlon joked that Ryanair were going to do away with planes altogether and just fire everyone out of a giant catapult.

Bet he would levy a charge to use the 'optional' capture net at your destination as well. :)

Osem 01-07-2014 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35711179)
Bet he would levy a charge to use the 'optional' capture net at your destination as well. :)

:rofl:

---------- Post added at 15:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Peter (Post 35711141)

:D

MalteseFalcon 02-07-2014 19:49

Wondering why I am suffering from hay fever, then realised I hadn't taken my hay fever pill today. Donut.

weenie 02-07-2014 20:02

Don't worry Mark the tennis made you forget, then good old Andy made your day better ;) then the wee hay fever pill just made it a brilliant day :) but please try and remember to take the hay fever pill as streaming eyes is not a good look never mind feeling rotten.

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

Starlings every time I feed the birds the starlings scare them away and eat all the bird food very greedy little birds they seem to be. The seeds, nuts and suet balls does not even last a day. Filled the bird feeder last night at 5pm and when I got up at 8am the food was all gone :(

dilli-theclaw 02-07-2014 22:05

Hospital in between moving so it's been a full on day. Bleeding out through my casts and both feet infected. They told me to keep off my fee but I can't do that yet!

weenie 02-07-2014 23:06

:( sounds very painful dilli, hope the infection clears soon.

dilli-theclaw 02-07-2014 23:10

Nope - can't feel my feet ;) every cloud has a silver lining :)

They gave me pills for the infection though :)

weenie 03-07-2014 11:46

You have a amazing outlook dilli. You always flip what is happening to you when it's bad into a positive. I think many could learn a lot from you, I know I now look for the good in situations rather than focus on the bad so thanks.

peanut 03-07-2014 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35711723)
You have a amazing outlook dilli. You always flip what is happening to you when it's bad into a positive. I think many could learn a lot from you, I know I now look for the good in situations rather than focus on the bad so thanks.

Nice one Weenie.

I can't speak on Dilli's behalf and never would, but when you're out of options so to speak and dealt a crap hand you do strive to look (and make) for positives as whatever is left ultimately is depressing and all too easy to spiral downwards. It's a way of coping.

Some people take different routes, some get off on 'hey look at me' kind of thing, some keep themselves to themselves, some are realists to the point that their outlook and their way of thinking is beyond what anyone else can understand. Of course some it will be an act, a way to be 'appear' normal and be accepted without having to show anything (not healthy). Some though just be themselves and are not affected because of other reasons I myself don't really understand.

Personally I hate all the crap like 'how do you cope', 'amazing how you stay positive', labelled as 'brave' etc etc. Like I have a choice in any matter and it makes me cringe. I tend to say I don't (as in cope), and when told brave or positive I say it's because I'm too much of a coward to take the easy route. Honesty (which took a long while) has changed opinions for the better for me, and sometimes others rather not want hear the truth. I no long make up excuses or hide. But I am firmly in the leave me alone camp. But I do fight to stay positive but I'm not sure if it's working or not.

I also see Dilli as inspirational but I'll never understand how or why he is as positive as he is, I know I'll never be. :tu:

My moan - Hospital cuts are kicking in and becoming noticeable and having to postpone hydro-therapy indefinitely till a time I know I can make use of it. - Which could just as well be a happy thought too.

tizmeinnit 04-07-2014 08:28

Gym music. Trying to take a circuit last night and the manageress of the gym put hard core rave on with mc shouting all sorts of crap. Dunno how she expects me to think about what everyone is doing with that crap blaring away at me

Stuart 04-07-2014 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by tizmeinnit (Post 35711876)
Gym music. Trying to take a circuit last night and the manageress of the gym put hard core rave on with mc shouting all sorts of crap. Dunno how she expects me to think about what everyone is doing with that crap blaring away at me

They do that at my gym.. The music you get depends on who is on duty. Can be Rave, dubstep or even whatever happens to be on Capital FM or XFM.

Thankfully, most of the cardio vascular machines have built in entertainment centres where, as long as you have your own headphones, you can watch TV, listen to the radio (any station as long as it's on Freeview), or you can plug in your iPhone/iPod/iPad (as long as it has the old Dock connector) or USB stick and watch/listen to whatever media is on that.

Personally, I like to load up my iPhone with the latest episodes of whatever TV series I happen to like at the time, and watch those (if appropriate) while on the machines.

For the machines without these centres, I have iTunes Match enabled, so I have access to pretty much any album I have ever bought, even if it's not on my phone.

My moan? Specifying pro quality hardware for work when the people buying it don't understand the industry. I am specifying machines for editing broadcast quality video and audio. We need specific monitors for previewing the video. Because they are being used for broadcast quality (even movie quality, as some of the stuff produced will be shown on the big screen) video, it's important that any monitors we buy have good colour calibration systems, as well as good LCD panels (would prefer Plasma, but that's a dying technology and we need something that will be good for a few years).

The company we are using to fit the suites these monitors will go into recommended a particular monitor that is over £1,000 (they don't sell them, so they are making no extra money if we buy this monitor). I've done a lot of research on this, and can find no reason to fault their recommendation, as this particular monitor has a very good reputation in the digital media industry.

Yet, here I am, having to compose an email explaining why we aren't going for a £300 Iiyama, or even an Apple monitor, both of which (on paper at least) have similar specs, but lack the accurate colour calibration we need.

tizmeinnit 04-07-2014 11:48

I can imagine how frustrating that must be

rhyds 04-07-2014 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 35711887)
Yet, here I am, having to compose an email explaining why we aren't going for a £300 Iiyama, or even an Apple monitor, both of which (on paper at least) have similar specs, but lack the accurate colour calibration we need.

When it comes to bone-headedness like that I usually fall back on the argument "buy cheap, buy twice".

Taf 04-07-2014 12:19

Slamtech, part of the new www.play.com online store.

Ordered a mobile phone battery on 7th April.

It turned up but was about a millimetre too long.

Sent it back once they responded to the last of multiple emails and gave me a freepost return address.

They said they sent a replacement on 21st April, it didn't arrive so they blamed Royal Mail on 25th June after many emails to them.

They said they sent a replacement on 25th June and it still hasn't arrived and they are no longer responding to emails or their (well hidden) phone number.

Judging by the feedback on their site, I am not the only one having problems. Play.com don't respond to emails so far either!!!

I hate it when online shops do this!!!!!!

Hom3r 04-07-2014 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhyds (Post 35711903)
When it comes to bone-headedness like that I usually fall back on the argument "buy cheap, buy twice".

I go by, buy Apple pay 3x what you need too.

MalteseFalcon 04-07-2014 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 35711905)
Slamtech, part of the new www.play.com online store.

Ordered a mobile phone battery on 7th April.

It turned up but was about a millimetre too long.

Sent it back once they responded to the last of multiple emails and gave me a freepost return address.

They said they sent a replacement on 21st April, it didn't arrive so they blamed Royal Mail on 25th June after many emails to them.

They said they sent a replacement on 25th June and it still hasn't arrived and they are no longer responding to emails or their (well hidden) phone number.

Judging by the feedback on their site, I am not the only one having problems. Play.com don't respond to emails so far either!!!

I hate it when online shops do this!!!!!!

Stopped using Play years ago, Amazon or eBay now for me.

Stuart 04-07-2014 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35711916)
I go by, buy Apple pay 3x what you need too.

In fairness to Apple, the Cinema Display is a damn good monitor, it just doesn't have the colour calibration we need.

i think the problem is that I come from parents who believed in good value. When specifying a machine I try to keep the costs to a minimum by buying the equipment I think will give us what we need, reliably and at the lowest price.

For instance, I won't specify a £600 graphics card where a £400 (or even £200) one will cover our current and future needs., so when someone comes along and tries to cut my specification even further, it sometimes causes problems, but also annoys me.

weenie 04-07-2014 22:06

When no reply speak a thousand words ... :( very sad in some cases but true oh well life goes on, there's always tomorrow ;) A bit cryptic I know but all will be revealed soon.

MalteseFalcon 04-07-2014 23:19

One of my favourite bands Metallica played Glastonbury last weekend and now playing Sonisphere on Sunday in Knebworth. All tickets sold out for both, so downloaded their Glastonbury set but will miss the Sonisphere set. Gutted.

weenie 04-07-2014 23:21

Sorry to hear that Mark.

Uncle Peter 09-07-2014 15:13

Windows Server 2008R2 "Mumbai Edition"

complete with three default gateways

dilli-theclaw 09-07-2014 19:50

We had to have the cat that we rescued put down today as he had leukaemia - RIP lucky :(

weenie 09-07-2014 20:10

Sorry to hear that dilli.

MalteseFalcon 09-07-2014 20:11

That sucks, had to put my first pet down the other year. Thought I would be able to cope, but didn't. It does get better with time.

denphone 09-07-2014 20:24

l am sorry to hear of your bad news as our pets are such a important part of the family.

joglynne 09-07-2014 20:34

Sorry to hear about Lucky Dilli.

I know that you had not had him for long but in the short time you did have him I know you both became very attached to him. He didn't have the best of starts but at least you both gave him a taste of what his life should have been like from the beginning.

Hugs to both you and Natalie.

Run free over the Rainbow Bridge sweet Lucky.

tizmeinnit 09-07-2014 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35713085)
We had to have the cat that we rescued put down today as he had leukaemia - RIP lucky :(

least you made his last days great ones :(

Pauls9 11-07-2014 11:07

The car insurance companies I made enquiries with a year ago (and didn't use) are making credit checks on me again. Why? Should I be concerned? Should I complain?

weenie 11-07-2014 11:57

No because a lot can happen in a year for all they know your credit score could have changed in the last 12 months, it may have got higher or lower they don't know unless they run a check.

Pauls9 11-07-2014 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35713450)
No because a lot can happen in a year for all they know your credit score could have changed in the last 12 months, it may have got higher or lower they don't know unless they run a check.

Thanks Weenie, but these are simply companies I considered changing to a year ago, but didn't place any insurance with. Except for one, which I finished with at that time. I haven't had anything to do with them since. :confused:

Hugh 11-07-2014 14:38

They will be ringing you up to try and get your business, as they know it is due for renewal...

They are 'pre-vetting' you.

Pauls9 11-07-2014 14:42

Thanks Hugh. So I shouldn't be so paranoid, then?

Hugh 11-07-2014 22:16

You might want to check with the Credit Reference company - when I worked in Consumer Credit, too many credit checks negatively affected your Credit Score, as (then, mid 2000s), some people would try a number of different stores to get credit arrangements.

It may have changed in the last ten years.....

MalteseFalcon 12-07-2014 18:00

Absolutely fuming. Adviser at JC saved 4 jobs the other week for me to apply, I applied for 3 and left the 4th as it was the same company, same role, but different wording. Told her so on Thursday, she said OK fine. However, got a letter this morning telling me that I had been referred to a decision maker as I had not applied for a job that my adviser had found.

Will be writing my letter of reply tomorrow, if I do it today I will swear and get abusive. Will not help at all.

nashville 12-07-2014 19:40

Sometimes we feel better after a moan,

MalteseFalcon 12-07-2014 20:34

And the day ends on another high for me. Granddad is in hospital again, fourth or fifth time this year alone. This time coughing up blood, apparently he will be in and out for the future now. This sounds cruel, but it would be better for him and everyone else in the family if he died. I have to wonder how many more stays in hospital it will take before he finally succumbs.

weenie 13-07-2014 18:29

The sock monster LOL why is there always odd socks left in the ironing basket :confused:

dilli-theclaw 13-07-2014 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35713924)
The sock monster LOL why is there always odd socks left in the ironing basket :confused:

That's why it's so great always having at least one leg in a cast..... Odd socks are my friend :)

weenie 13-07-2014 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35713926)
That's why it's so great always having at least one leg in a cast..... Odd socks are my friend :)

;)

denphone 13-07-2014 18:49

l seem to have odds socks on a regular basis as they seem to get lost somewhere along the line whether its at home or when we are visiting my parents.

heero_yuy 13-07-2014 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35713924)

You iron socks? :confused::confused:

Apart from posh shirts we don't iron anything as we don't have things that need it.:)

weenie 13-07-2014 19:44

Yes I do, heero I iron just about everything socks, boxers, dish towels, towels even dusters. Hubby thinks I'm mad whereas I know I'm mad. :D

joglynne 13-07-2014 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35713946)
Yes I do, heero I iron just about everything socks, boxers, dish towels, towels even dusters. Hubby thinks I'm mad whereas I know I'm mad. :D

Since I retired and no longer needed to wear formal clothes I have only ironed half a dozen items and on every occasions it was with great sadness. It appears that the only times I now use my iron is when someone dies. I hate my iron.

tizmeinnit 13-07-2014 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35713952)
Since I retired and no longer needed to wear formal clothes I have only ironed half a dozen items and on every occasions it was with great sadness. It appears that the only times I now use my iron is when someone dies. I hate my iron.

unless you are going around smacking people over the head with it it has nothing to do with it :)

joglynne 13-07-2014 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by tizmeinnit (Post 35713954)
unless you are going around smacking people over the head with it it has nothing to do with it :)

It has become a symbol of great sadness tiz. I hate not being able to control things that happen around me so now having to set up my ironing board and plug in my iron is only ever done with a heavy heart.

Hom3r 13-07-2014 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35713505)
They will be ringing you up to try and get your business, as they know it is due for renewal...

They are 'pre-vetting' you.

Not if you are TPS registered.

Pauls9 14-07-2014 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35713609)
You might want to check with the Credit Reference company - when I worked in Consumer Credit, too many credit checks negatively affected your Credit Score, as (then, mid 2000s), some people would try a number of different stores to get credit arrangements.

It may have changed in the last ten years.....

Thanks Hugh. That was my underlying concern.

MalteseFalcon 14-07-2014 12:49

DWP. I mentioned a while ago about how a relative was going to pay that loan back for me, well she gave me the money to put into my account so I could issue a cheque for it. They tell me it was presented and bounced, Nat West tell me it has never been presented for payment. Back and forth this morning I go between them, only to finally lose my patience and cancel the cheque. Now get a letter telling that a supposed bounced cheque has paid the loan back in full. Now I need to find out if I can un-cancel a cheque.

I feel like screaming a swear word at the top of my lungs.

weenie 14-07-2014 12:59

Mark I'm pretty sure that once a cheque is cashed it cannot be cancelled I maybe wrong.

MalteseFalcon 14-07-2014 13:11

But that is the point, money has been there for 2 weeks now, and they say they presented it and it bounced. Nat West have no record of a cheque being cashed since I last wrote one in 2011.

weenie 14-07-2014 13:25

So what cheque paid the loan? I can see why you are getting angry Mark very confusing but that's banks for you. At least you have a letter saying the loan is paid in full.
I hope you get it sorted soon Mark.

Taf 14-07-2014 16:04

Doctor's surgery staff who can't read repeat prescription forms.

"Cross out what you don't need". I did and they still issued a script for that item.

"Tick the items you need". I did and they didn't issue a script for that item!

This must be their 50th cock-up with our prescriptions in only a couple of years!!

weenie 14-07-2014 16:09

Sometimes things that are meant to make life a little easier doesn't Taf. Sorry to hear about your repeat prescription problem.