Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Billing Issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Retentions Deals - Text from Customer Relations? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704517)

MrB 23-02-2017 09:57

Retentions Deals - Text from Customer Relations?

I put in my 30 days notice to Virgin as we were thinking of moving.

I received a text saving

"We want you to stay. If you re no longer moving, you can keep your services, discounted to half price for 2017. To take up your unique offer text SAVE17 along with my name Xxxxx to 0786xxxxx"

I am assuming this is genuine? If so, what happens if I text back, do I get a callback or is some form of credit automatically applied?

And is the half price half of what I am now paying or half of list price?

I know I could text to find out, but understand from reading around that the best deal seems to be achieved from Outbound Retentions. As it would be nice to upgrade my TiVo to V6 and look at my package too then I didn't want to text and find I was then tied in to a new contract without knowing what the offer is and no room for negotiation.

There have been some fantastic deals reported if you get the right person:

virgin media tvxl v6 box plus 200mbs fibre including line rental. customer retention deal £20.50
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/virg...ention-2601625

Virgin Media retention - Full House Bundle - 200 - got it for £35pm 12 mnth contract [works out £420 for year]
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/virg...ks-out-2599076

One user recently reported getting the Full House Movies bundle with 2xV6 for £30 (others £39 for that deal), which would be great.

Does ordering a new service from another provider with phone number transfer get a better deal/response from Virgin to stay?

Many thanks

nicknewark 23-02-2017 11:30

Re: Retentions Deals - Text from Customer Relations?

I called yesterday as i am out of contract, and before i got put thought to retentions, i had a record message offering me a deal to stay, no further contract, but an extension of a discount(quite a big one)!.

I accepted it, then went through to speak to someone, they could not explain this offer, had no record of it, and had never heard of it happening before.

The offer explained in the message will be confirmed by email, which hasn't come yet.

I called again this morning, and before it puts me though it advises me that they are aware i have accepted an offer and it is being processed.

So not sure what's happening yet! I tweeted VM and they explained this is what they call a special offer for me!

---------- Post added at 10:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 ----------

prior to all of this happening the CS team couldn't offer me anything, said the best they could do was £2.50 reduction for signing a new contract! so basically £52.00 a month for TV M, 50meg BB, and all inclusive landline, which i don;t think is that great.

---------- Post added at 10:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 ----------

so i await the email, with the offer!

MrB 23-02-2017 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicknewark (Post 35887144)
I called yesterday as i am out of contract, and before i got put thought to retentions, i had a record message offering me a deal to stay, no further contract, but an extension of a discount(quite a big one)!.

I accepted it, then went through to speak to someone, they could not explain this offer, had no record of it, and had never heard of it happening before.

The offer explained in the message will be confirmed by email, which hasn't come yet.

I called again this morning, and before it puts me though it advises me that they are aware i have accepted an offer and it is being processed.

So not sure what's happening yet! I tweeted VM and they explained this is what they call a special offer for me!

---------- Post added at 10:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 ----------

prior to all of this happening the CS team couldn't offer me anything, said the best they could do was £2.50 reduction for signing a new contract! so basically £52.00 a month for TV M, 50meg BB, and all inclusive landline, which i don;t think is that great.

---------- Post added at 10:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 ----------

so i await the email, with the offer!

£52 for that deal isn't great if you consider new customers get offered £55 for Full House Movies package (200MB/XL TV with Movies/Phone including weekend calls) and existing customers have been offered that package regularly for £39 or in some cases less according to the threads I linked above. The package you mentioned with 50MB/M has been reported at less than £30 and in some cases less than £20.

It does seem there are some great deals to be had - it is just a challenge to get the right person offering the right deal, and knowing what is possible ... before getting your disconnection!

nicknewark 23-02-2017 16:23

yes, i'm just waiting for a response by email from VM, if it's not what i like, I'm going to give notice to leave. Thanks for your input.

MrB 27-02-2017 20:06

You are welcome.

388 views and unfortunately no one has managed to answer my initial queries.

I phoned inbound Customer Relations to find out what the half price deal entailed and they had never heard of the mobile number or the deal, and said that there was no deal or communications from Virgin to me showing on my account. I suppose that is the point made by various people about Outbound though, as they must have offers available not showing for inbound staff to offer.

MrB 04-03-2017 12:42

Update - I sent the text and got a call back - it was genuine.

I was offered half price for 12 months on my original package - Big Kahuna, 100mb, phone line and weekend calls, 2x old Tivo, £28 (retained a legacy Mates Rates discount in that price). It didn't seem possible to get the kit upgraded with that deal unfortunately, or the free Movies offer (yes I may be expecting a lot, but only going on what others have reported as linked to above - a common feature in the really best deals seems to he putting in your cancellation and ordering a new service from a competitor to transfer your phone number which seems to open up even better outbound offers - I didn't do this last stage, which may be my downfall :().

nicknewark 04-03-2017 13:06

I'm glad you got sorted. I was quite happy with the deal I got. They paid my line rental for the whole year, and upgraded my phone package from talk unlimited to all inclusive with mobiles, etc. So gained something, held the price and no need to re contract.

I did ask about the V6, which the chap said, best thing is to hold off until the novelty wears off, and they will be more readily available, and cheaper!.

I would say that although my deal was an automated one, it did take three different people in retentions, until I got confirmation. The first one I spoke to was perhaps the least helpful, although friendly wouldn't accept that the offer was legit. I got there in the end.

MrB 04-03-2017 14:59

Line rental free for a year would be the icing on the cake.

I am not entirely sorted/happy yet - I went back to see if I could get the Full House Movies deal with V6 as the deals discussed on HUkD look fantastic for a similar or lower price. The best I have got offered is £42 which is not bad but it is still more than the £30 that someone achieved with 2 xV6 (or £20.50 deal that someone else got with 2 xV6 and no movies). I am wondering whether I try again or whether I have lost my ability to negotiate by accepting.

pip08456 04-03-2017 15:37

If you can't get the deal you want then leave! Otherwise be thankful of what you can get.

MrB 14-03-2017 18:04

I know I could leave, but why would I if I can get a better deal to stay :)?

To be on the safe side I cancelled the upgrade before install - the Customer Relations man I spoke to suggested that I am now back to being out of contract and my account credit will remain to put me on the previously agreed deal (I hope that remains true, but will probably have to wait a billing cycle to find out if the credit is added again!).

I have a BT order including number transfer in, which I haven't cancelled yet in case it helped with negotiations - will Virgin have been informed and will they likely contact me even though I have not put in cancellation with Virgin (nor do I have a new contract holding me), or will the transfer just go though and my bluff be called?

jicms 17-03-2017 18:29

Am I paying too much?

I would be grateful for some advice. I'm currently paying £77 a month for my package. I've just retired and cannot justify paying this much. My additional V box is hopeless.

There seem to be much better deals on offer. Should I change to another provider or request a good retention deal? This is my package:

Loyalty Pack B B/ Phone/TV B
Talk Weekends
Fully Itemised Billing
Full House TV (XL)
1 Additional V Box
V+ HD Monthly Fee
TiVo Monthly Fee
SuperFibre 70
Bundle Charges total £58.51
Phone line rental tota £19.00
Package total £77.51

MalteseFalcon 17-03-2017 23:18

I would advise calling the thinking of leaving us team, explain things to them they will then go through your package with you and work out where savings can be made, etc.

RB60 18-03-2017 09:42

This is the deal I got from retention's last week also swapped both Tivo Boxes for V6 boxes and the package below for £70 Per Month.

TiVo Monthly Fee
VIVID 200 Optical Fibre
Virgin Tv V6 Box x 2, Powered By Tivo
Full House TV (XL)
Loyalty Customer
Sky Sports and Cinema Collection
Sky Sports and Cinema HD
Talk More Anytime

nicknewark 18-03-2017 11:46

I've been with VM for 7 years, my latest deal was:

Broadband 50meg, All inclusive Landline calls, Tivo box with Player TV(Lowest) including Line rental, £33.45 a month, no new contract.

Give them a call, you might be surprised what they will do.

---------- Post added at 10:46 ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 ----------

I've heard of even better deals from VM, at the moment I'm fine with this as I've not had to re contract, so if something else better comes along, I can leave.

MrB 18-03-2017 12:04

Re: Am I paying too much?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jicms (Post 35890493)
I would be grateful for some advice. I'm currently paying £77 a month for my package. I've just retired and cannot justify paying this much. My additional V box is hopeless.

There seem to be much better deals on offer. Should I change to another provider or request a good retention deal? This is my package:

Loyalty Pack B B/ Phone/TV B
Talk Weekends
Fully Itemised Billing
Full House TV (XL)
1 Additional V Box
V+ HD Monthly Fee
TiVo Monthly Fee
SuperFibre 70
Bundle Charges total £58.51
Phone line rental tota £19.00
Package total £77.51

You do see. To be paying more than others. As mentioned above, phone up and speak to the cancellations/customer retentions team. From reading various forums it appears to get the very best deal you have to put in your 30 days notice (rather than just the deal on offer when you phone up) and it appears putting in an order with another supplier, including phone number transfer, prompts the very best deal from the Putbound Retentions team.