Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   General IT Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   In car DVD / SD Screens - Triple (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704813)

DJSADERS 25-04-2017 23:18

In car DVD / SD Screens - Triple

In the summer i plan on going away to Cornwall and to try and steam the kids boredom i thought i might buy a in car dvd / sd card play...

I found one on Halfords which can offer a dual screen with single film play back, but i am in need a triple... as my mrs wants to be able to see as well (typical)...

Does anyone know of a product or have experience adding a third screen?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Taf 26-04-2017 13:07

Re: In car DVD / SD Screens - Triple

Will the missus be sat in the front? If so I think her screen would be illegal if the driver can see it?

DJSADERS 26-04-2017 13:17

yeah, but i was thinking of putting it on her sun visor so it is out of the way

tweetiepooh 27-04-2017 10:58

Front screen must not be visible to the driver. Imagine some flashing image distracts you. It may be possible to have a screen with narrow view angle that may be OK. Halfords can likely advise.

We are very fortunate in that our kids have always travelled well. We play mixed music (classical, folk, rock n roll, jazz, skiffle). We talk, sing. Daughter (11) may read, son (15) just likes looking at the scenery and listening to the music.

DJSADERS 27-04-2017 11:09

i guess ill have to stick with 2, im sure they will cope for a few hours but 6+ hrs in a car for my son (5) and daughter (3) they might get a little resetless without them

heero_yuy 27-04-2017 11:11

I'd watch out for car (motion) sickness. Looking at a screen or even a book rather than outside whilst in motion can bring this on. It does for me even on a train.

Hom3r 27-04-2017 20:45

Can the Wife not sit in the back as well?

Have done the Cornwall drive from Essex to St Ives, I'd do at least 2 stops.

DJSADERS 28-04-2017 09:12

yeah i plan on stopping a few times, our holiday park is literally at lands end... we usually go to mullion so it's quite a but further down

tweetiepooh 28-04-2017 13:32

We've certainly driven hours without issue with our two right from infant to now. Allow proper stops where needed.

Was thinking last night that you could possibly use tablets, something relatively cheap like Kindle fires. Some of the providers allow tablet apps to download so you can download media to each tablet as needed then find a way to fix them so they can be seen and run headphones as needed. You may find a pair of tablets and headphones cheaper than an incar DVD system. You may also be able to rip DVD to file and copy to tablet.

heero_yuy 28-04-2017 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJSADERS (Post 35896609)
yeah i plan on stopping a few times, our holiday park is literally at lands end... we usually go to mullion so it's quite a but further down

Funnily enough I know exactly where that is (Seaview Holiday Park) as my late mothers house is only a few hundred yards away.