Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Anyone here got a cat like this (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33687333)

slowcoach 28-04-2012 23:00

Anyone here got a cat like this

This is what I call a real moggy. LINK :D

danielf 28-04-2012 23:32

Re: Anyone here got a cat like this

Just imagine the amount of crap that monstrosity will deposit in innocent neighbours' gardens...

Sirius 28-04-2012 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielf (Post 35420493)
Just imagine the amount of crap that monstrosity will deposit in innocent neighbours' gardens...

Somehow i dont think he will be able to get over the fence into another garden :D

danielf 29-04-2012 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35420494)
Somehow i dont think he will be able to get over the fence into another garden :D

If he did, I think he'd struggle to get away from my super soaker :sniper: :ninja: :D

Jimmy-J 29-04-2012 00:16

Now that's one heck of a pussy!!

danielf 29-04-2012 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy-J (Post 35420499)

erm, okay :erm:

thenry 29-04-2012 02:16

garfields offspring

DJSADERS 29-04-2012 10:36

ha! my question is how can anyone let it get to that point where the cat can cause a earthquake by landing?

Gary L 29-04-2012 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy-J (Post 35420499)

It's very big. the owner probably needs to go on a diet. as it's probably the very reason why their pussy is so big.

budwieser 30-04-2012 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35420804)
It's very big. the owner probably needs to go on a diet. as it's probably the very reason why their pussy is so big.

:D:tu::tu:

Anonymouse 01-05-2012 15:04

For any pet to reach such a size is not inevitable; owners can encourage them to take the proper amount of exercise. This is abuse and neglect, pure and simple. The owner should be prosecuted, and the cat should be legally seized and given a good home.

After lots of exercise, a healthy diet and hydrotherapy, that is, the poor thing.

Looking after a cat properly is not difficult. Mine, for instance, was encouraged from kittenhood to take exercise (she was brought up originally as an indoor cat, so this was important) by the simple expedient of placing kitty treats in places where she'd have to climb or jump to get at them. This also has the added benefit of allowing the cat to exercise her natural instincts and behaviour, resulting in a more relaxed and well-behaved moggy. It worked perfectly; she is now 12 (every time I think that, I think, "No, she can't be! 12?! Really?!" - it hasn't seemed like 12 years) and showing few signs of aging or slowing down - she can still leap from my bedroom windowsill onto my wardrobe with utter grace and no effort at all.

jempalmer 01-05-2012 15:13

Whilst I agree with everything you say regarding abuse of pets, I am puzzled by your reference to hydrotherapy. I thought cats weren't keen on getting wet :)

Taf 01-05-2012 15:19

Cats are good swimmers, they just don't like to that often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5exciFebpKI

Jimmy-J 01-05-2012 17:29

That needs to have a catstric bypuss.

Anonymouse 01-05-2012 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by jempalmer (Post 35421781)
Whilst I agree with everything you say regarding abuse of pets, I am puzzled by your reference to hydrotherapy. I thought cats weren't keen on getting wet :)

Well, no, they're not...with the possible exception of mine, who's been known to go out in all weathers. I've never known a cat like her. She once played with a snowball, in the snow. :p:

Anyway. Hydrotherapy can be and has been very successful in the treatment of feline obesity; I remember an article in Your Cat magazine. Once they get used to it, they don't seem to mind. Cats will accept almost anything if it's done with kindness; mine hates going to the vet, but I always follow up her annual visit with treats as soon as we get home - she's been taught to associate something nasty, e.g. vet visit, medicine etc., with something nice. It helps.

There's at least one breed - the Bengal - which loves water, bred as it was from the Asian Leopard Cat, which likes fishing for its dinner; if you have a Bengal, a water feature somewhere in your house or garden is a must - otherwise she'll be sharing your bath with you or playing with the kitchen taps. :p: