Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo : I love TiVo (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33686135)

southlad 07-03-2012 11:32

I love TiVo

So I was all set to leave VM after the recent price rises, but was offered a great deal by outbound retentions to stay. This included swapping my V+ for a Tivo with free installation and activation.

After just over a week of having Tivo, I'm so glad I stayed with VM.

What I like:

*The look - much more stylish than the V+. Really like the remote too, feels more premium.
*Three Tuners that can record at the same time whilst watching recorded programme. Used to get alot of clashes with V+.
*Suggestions- One of fave features. It's recorded quite a few shows that I didn't even know were on.
*Folders- Makes things less messy with less scrolling.
*YouTube- Nice to have it on big screen.
*Wishlists- Now records all shows/films with my fave actors/directors

I was worried as I'd seen lots of negative comments about tivo on forums (maybe these were before updates) and to be honest prob wouldn't have paid for tivo until it had been running for a few years and ironed out all the problems. But as it was free (with £3 monthly fee instead of £5) I took the plunge.

One question, where the recording lights are I've noticed there is a 4th light. What is this for?

carlwaring 07-03-2012 12:14

Re: I love TIVO

Quote:

Originally Posted by southlad (Post 35394475)
I was worried as I'd seen lots of negative comments about tivo on forums (maybe these were before updates) ....

Well it's still not perfect, of course, but it is better than it was :)

Quote:

One question, where the recording lights are I've noticed there is a 4th light. What is this for?
Future use, maybe? No-one really knows.

LexDiamond 07-03-2012 12:47

Is there a 4th tuner inside that isn't active?

dodgem22 07-03-2012 12:51

its not perfect but I agree it is a lot better than it was I sent my first tivo back but have taken the plunge again and have been re tivod for about 2 weeks now.

It has vastly improved imo than when it first came out.

Stephen 07-03-2012 12:51

If I remember correctly the 4th light is something to do with interactive or VOD?

Digital Fanatic 07-03-2012 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35394576)
If I remember correctly the 4th light is something to do with interactive or VOD?

Yeah, it's a download light.

denphone 07-03-2012 14:02

Quote:

So I was all set to leave VM after the recent price rises, but was offered a great deal by outbound retentions to stay. This included swapping my V+ for a Tivo with free installation and activation.

After just over a week of having Tivo, I'm so glad I stayed with VM.

What I like:

*The look - much more stylish than the V+. Really like the remote too, feels more premium.
*Three Tuners that can record at the same time whilst watching recorded programme. Used to get alot of clashes with V+.
*Suggestions- One of fave features. It's recorded quite a few shows that I didn't even know were on.
*Folders- Makes things less messy with less scrolling.
*YouTube- Nice to have it on big screen.
*Wishlists- Now records all shows/films with my fave actors/directors

I was worried as I'd seen lots of negative comments about tivo on forums (maybe these were before updates) and to be honest prob wouldn't have paid for tivo until it had been running for a few years and ironed out all the problems. But as it was free (with £3 monthly fee instead of £5) I took the plunge.

l am glad you are enjoying your new box southend.:)

passingbat 07-03-2012 14:11

Quote:

I was worried as I'd seen lots of negative comments about tivo on forums

You must be refering to the VM Tivo forum; the unofficial 'whingers of the world' forum!

Majordude 07-03-2012 14:19

Good to hear, reminds me of the posts on the TiVo Community forum when I first joined having bought an S1 TiVo.

roger skillin 07-03-2012 16:20

I've had Tivo installed upstairs and downstairs just this morning, upgraded from V+, can't wait to finish work and have a look :)

Huffpuffin 07-03-2012 16:23

I had Tivo installed yesterday, but haven't been able to use it yet! Called up yesterday evening to be told there was a problem registering all installs yesterday. Does anyone have an update on when this problem will be fixed?

Thanks.

Itshim 07-03-2012 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffpuffin (Post 35394811)
I had Tivo installed yesterday, but haven't been able to use it yet! Called up yesterday evening to be told there was a problem registering all installs yesterday. Does anyone have an update on when this problem will be fixed?

Thanks.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Tivo . 3 weeks 3 network problems !:mad:

Its so great - The rate the customer services are dishing out ( not asked for) refunds they will owe me money on the next bill:shocked:

devilincarnate 07-03-2012 17:56

Re: I love TiVo

I love my Danny De"vito":erm:

denphone 07-03-2012 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilincarnate (Post 35394905)
I love my Danny De"vito":erm:

Bet you got more hair then him though.:D

devilincarnate 07-03-2012 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35394910)
Bet you got more hair then him though.:D

Yes I have but I'am shorter:D:D:D