Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Other Telco Services Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   BT Bills & Online billing (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33634921)

hackedoff 23-06-2008 19:02

BT Bills & Online billing

Hi

I had a BT line installed last week and paid the £125 charge. I then signed up for online billing and have been told I have £35.42 to pay for my first bill (the BT site say) and then it should be £12.00 for the following bills
I want to see what the £35.42 bill is online but it just says its unavaliable! Any ideas how long it takes to show the bill online?

I did call BT but they had no clue what I meant!

Thanks

sarahlouisejones 23-06-2008 19:08

Re: BT Bills & Online billing

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackedoff (Post 34582303)
Hi

I had a BT line installed last week and paid the £125 charge. I then signed up for online billing and have been told I have £35.42 to pay for my first bill (the BT site say) and then it should be £12.00 for the following bills
I want to see what the £35.42 bill is online but it just says its unavaliable! Any ideas how long it takes to show the bill online?

I did call BT but they had no clue what I meant!

Thanks

Just out of interest, why did BT charge you £125 installation? Also, I had to pay £35.42 first off - they told me that was line rental for the first quarter, although how they work that out i've no idea because i work out the first quarter to be £35.25! (3 x 11.75)

Once you have signed up for paper-free billing, they will then credit account making the line rental the £10.50 it's supposed to be without the paper billing.

Hope that makes sense?

hackedoff 23-06-2008 20:08

Hi

Some standard installation cost! I did read on the website that it could cost a maximum of £125. Didn't have a choice but to pay it!
I did make one call from the line which would have bumped it up a few pence.
I want to go to paperless billing but wont be until they show me the bills online!

How long did it take them to show your bill online?

Thanks

sarahlouisejones 23-06-2008 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackedoff (Post 34582360)
Hi

Some standard installation cost! I did read on the website that it could cost a maximum of £125. Didn't have a choice but to pay it!
I did make one call from the line which would have bumped it up a few pence.
I want to go to paperless billing but wont be until they show me the bills online!

How long did it take them to show your bill online?

Thanks

It took about a week for me to be able to start viewing stuff online.

Was only asking about installation costs as I didn't have to pay for 'installation' as there was already a 'connection' to the property - it just needed to be enabled. Unfortunately with anything these days, prices are ridiculously high! I was just one of the lucky ones I guess...

Charlie_Bubble 24-06-2008 12:27

If you have a physical BT socket in your home you may have to pay a small charge for reconnection. If you don't have a line at all you will probably have to pay the £125 fee for having one installed.

x-openreach 06-07-2008 20:46

Infact - even if you have a BT socket it depends how long it hasnt been used, if any engineering work is required (even in the exchange) Openreach will charge BT and BT will charge you!

You dont pay reconnection (or maybe pay a reduced fee about £10) only if there was dial tone on that socket in the "recent past" aprox 6 months.

crap aint it!!!