Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Can't think where else to post this. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33688994)

Telly_ 30-07-2012 09:44

Can't think where else to post this.

My post came 5 minutes ago an I have 2 leaflets from virgin on with UNLIMITACULAR as its title an a normal 6 months half price One, I have a letter addressed directly to me and one addressed to the householder lol.

Nice way to help the planet eh 4 pieces of junk mail in 1 day to 1 address an as it's only Monday I expect more before the weeks out.An the UNLIMITACULAR one is for exsisting customers only so it's a complete waste.

Sirius 30-07-2012 12:48

Re: Can't think where else to post this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telly_ (Post 35457790)
My post came 5 minutes ago an I have 2 leaflets from virgin on with UNLIMITACULAR as its title an a normal 6 months half price One, I have a letter addressed directly to me and one addressed to the householder lol.

Nice way to help the planet eh 4 pieces of junk mail in 1 day to 1 address an as it's only Monday I expect more before the weeks out.An the UNLIMITACULAR one is for exsisting customers only so it's a complete waste.

You want to see the rubbish i get from BT, Talk Talk, Sky, O2. ALL of them have been told many many many times NOT to send me crap but they ignore it and do it any way. The funny thing is i don't get stuff from VM, southern electric, southern gas, british gas because i asked them not to and they actually did what i asked.

Sky are the worst and i now keep it for a month or two and then post it back with postage to be paid by Sky marked on the a4 envelope. :D

Telly_ 30-07-2012 12:57

Yeah I will do that today to VM then, I will return postage to be paid by them

Maggy 30-07-2012 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telly_ (Post 35457865)
Yeah I will do that today to VM then, I will return postage to be paid by them

Or you could request them NOT to send you any more such mail..and see if they actually comply first..;)

Sirius 30-07-2012 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35457890)
Or you could request them NOT to send you any more such mail..and see if they actually comply first..;)

Indeed i have tried many times to get sky to stop but in the end I gave up and now just send it them back. I would not do it if I had not first sent letter after letter only for it to be ignored.

My point is I gave them the chance first.

Maggy 30-07-2012 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35457899)
Indeed i have tried many times to get them to stop but in the end I gave up and now just send it them back. I would not do it if I had not first sent letter after letter only for it to be ignored.

My point is I gave them the chance first.

I believe you already said the VM stopped sending you unsolicited mail when you asked them not to.I was just suggesting that the OP tried the same tack FIRST before resorting to sending the mail back..;)

Sirius 30-07-2012 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35457900)
I believe you already said the VM stopped sending you unsolicited mail when you asked them not to.I was just suggesting that the OP tried the same tack FIRST before resorting to sending the mail back..;)

Always best to make sure :D