Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sony Games Systems (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Playstation Move (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33669698)

Stephen 17-09-2010 16:06

Playstation Move

So with Move getting released today, has anyone purchased Move?

I have just ordered a couple of Move controllers due to owning the Eyetoy camera already.

If you have tried it out what do you think? Am looking forward to trying Tiger Woods out with it and looking forward to the new Socom game.

Ravenheart 17-09-2010 17:51

Re: Playstation Move

Mine was delivered about an hour ago, i have to say even with the demo's I've tried so far I'm really impressed with it's accuracy. I did enjoy the Wii when I had one, tried the demo of Sports Champions Table Tennis, as I was a demon on the Wii version. Got thrashed by the cpu on this one!

Try as I might I couldn't get it to lose tracking on the controller either.

The shape of the Move controller is good in the hand and with all the usual buttons and the new T and Move buttons there's plenty of scope for quite in depth games.

So after about an hour. I'm really pleased, it exceeds my expectations so far :)

Now off to try the Tiger Woods Demo

Stephen 18-09-2010 04:27

Cheers for the info dude.

Tezcatlipoca 18-09-2010 13:55

This & Kinect both look interesting, but I'm gonna wait for more games before I decide on whether to bother with either.

peanut 18-09-2010 14:20

I don't do moving.... I play the odd game to relax and chill out, not to knacker myself out. :D

Saying that, are wii's still going? It's all gone really quiet, I know 5/6 mates who's had one has sold them on as they've got bored with them after the novelty wore off (quite quickly I must add). Just wondering if the move/kinetic has missed the boat and it'll be just another fad and a waste of money. As you say we'll have to see what games come out for them but I'm not holding my breath.

Fitze73 18-09-2010 17:06

i had my move stater kit on wednesday been great so far kids love it, got kung fu rider, start the party & sports champions

Bulky 18-09-2010 22:13

Is it just me or do the move controllers do it no favours whatsoever ???

Ravenheart 19-09-2010 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 35093650)
Saying that, are wii's still going? It's all gone really quiet, I know 5/6 mates who's had one has sold them on as they've got bored with them after the novelty wore off (quite quickly I must add). Just wondering if the move/kinetic has missed the boat and it'll be just another fad and a waste of money. As you say we'll have to see what games come out for them but I'm not holding my breath.

I think people got bored of the Wii's due to the lack of really good games, I did enjoy some of the stuff on the Wii, but it was infested with shovelware. The great games were few and far between and often found no shelf space compared to the latest dance/party/firness title. I traded my Wii in for the PS3, and it's been great so glad I did.

I do think there is a place for both the PS3 and 360 to get in on the motion controlled games market, especially as the tech has moved on since the Wiimote and motion plus. Even hardcore gamers who bought the 360 or PS3 like a bit of casual gaming now and then so I think people will find a new love for these type of games. :)

Fitze73 19-09-2010 09:25

jo just out of curiosity is your tv wall mounted

Ravenheart 19-09-2010 09:42

No I doubt my walls could hold a Tv :P I have mine on a glass stand.

You had problems with wall mounted & move?

Fitze73 19-09-2010 09:46

sort of , my tv is wall mounted roughly 6 inches above my sideboard, only thing is the top of the tv is level with my head, which means the camera is even higher at the top

Hom3r 19-09-2010 11:54

I'm sorry but the Move controller looks like the thing that cops use to direct traffic, or they use at airports to help planes move near the ramp.

speedfreak 19-09-2010 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitze73 (Post 35094134)
sort of , my tv is wall mounted roughly 6 inches above my sideboard, only thing is the top of the tv is level with my head, which means the camera is even higher at the top

I wondered why you asked me that last night! Keep the reviews coming, Im waiting to see what everyone thinks before I go out and buy it.

Oh btw me and my mate were taking it in turns last night, the horrendous 12kills to 60 deaths was not me :)

Bulky 19-09-2010 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35094214)
I'm sorry but the Move controller looks like the thing that cops use to direct traffic, or they use at airports to help planes move near the ramp.

I agree , just the look of the controllers has completely put me off even considering buying this ,why the hell put those stupid glowing balls on the top ???

Stephen 19-09-2010 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulky (Post 35094218)
I agree , just the look of the controllers has completely put me off even considering buying this ,why the hell put those stupid glowing balls on the top ???

I thought exactly that till I read some technical info on Friday.

The wee glowing ball is what makes the Move work. The Eyetoy camera detects the ball and can work out where it is and even how far away you are standing by it working out how big the ball is. The colour change is down to the camera looking at the colours of your room and choosing a colour that will stand out easily so the camera can see it. Its actually pretty damn clever tbh.

Its that ball that gives Move the 1:1 movement.