Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Landline Phone Hacked (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33680205)

tedc 06-08-2011 14:02

Landline Phone Hacked

Some crim hacked into my Virgin Media Phone, this week, and set up call diverting to an unknown mobile number (07816 814216).

As a result various callers failed to get through.

I'm assuming this was part of a Bank Hacking attempt, I've had recently, so I've forwarded all the details to my Bank's Fraud Centre.

When I spoke to the Virgin Media Help Centre they were able to remove this call diversion and calls are being received again.

What a shame that we can't prevent people from getting in to set these call diversions up!

Or can we?

:mad:

Graham M 06-08-2011 14:06

Re: Landline Phone Hacked

Ah your phone has been hacked too then?

Likely it was a mistake at Virgin's end with no dodgy intentions.

tedc 07-08-2011 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham M (Post 35283924)
Ah your phone has been hacked too then?

Likely it was a mistake at Virgin's end with no dodgy intentions.

Happened at about the time my online banking was hacked!

denphone 07-08-2011 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedc (Post 35284237)
Happened at about the time my online banking was hacked!

l am sorry to hear about that and hope the bank sorted it out quickly for you and as for Virgin what have they said to you.

tedc 07-08-2011 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35284240)
l am sorry to hear about that and hope the bank sorted it out quickly for you and as for Virgin what have they said to you.

Bank has been brilliant.
They're putting everything back including several thousands which were on their way to somebody else's account.

They reckon it's not unusual for hackers to reroute your landline phone to stop messages from the bank coming in before they've taken all your dosh.

Virgin simply undid the routing.

Police are trying to track the number. That's a mobile phone though and will probably have been ditched.

What I'd like to to is prevent anyone being able to add a reroute to my landline!

denphone 07-08-2011 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedc (Post 35284293)
Bank has been brilliant.
They're putting everything back including several thousands which were on their way to somebody else's account.

They reckon it's not unusual for hackers to reroute your landline phone to stop messages from the bank coming in before they've taken all your dosh.

Virgin simply undid the routing.

Police are trying to track the number. That's a mobile phone though and will probably have been ditched.

What I'd like to to is prevent anyone being able to add a reroute to my landline!

Thank goodness the bank sorted everything out but in this type of thing they are usually very good in that respect and yes it will be very hard to find the culprit as l had some money taken out of my account a few years ago but the bank were excellent when l phoned them up but l suspect that the person involved got away l suspect.

whitewineandsoda 08-08-2011 11:45

If you google that number it comes up as a Vodka promotions company, Snow Leapord I think it's called, complete with email addy....

Mobile ☎: 07984215185 // 07816814216
BB PIN: 21453E93 // 21C55932
Email: ympromotions1@gmail.com