Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Superhub : Got a spare Hub 3.0 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705694)

Dingbat 14-11-2017 01:11

Got a spare Hub 3.0

Had a fault on my Hub 3.0 the other day which meant I lost all Ethernet connections.

While reporting it, the VM agent decided to send me a replacement. Two days later, Yodel delivered TWO new hubs.

I opened one box and while going through the phone-based hub activation procedure, I ended up speaking to VM again. I mentioned that I had been sent two hubs and asked what to do. The reply was not to bother sending the one in the unopened box back as it would just be scrapped, as they do with all returns (!) and to keep it as a spare.

Seems a bit wasteful.

General Maximus 14-11-2017 10:08

Re: Got a spare Hub 3.0

it is from the environmental sense and plastic etc but not for £££. They are as cheap as chips which is why they are free and tbh it probably costs more to send back than it would be to give someone a new one so you wouldn't be saving them money. The best thing you can do if you want to do the right thing is take it to your local council/tip/dump/recycling centre and ensure the cardboard/electronics/plastic gets recycled properly. There is no point keeping it for a spare because by the time you need it (in a year or two) there will be a new shub out with new technology which you'll want and they will insist on giving you as part of their cpe upgrade programme.

SnoopZ 14-11-2017 11:13

I wouldn't dump a brand new hub3 yet, best keep it as a backup incase the other goes tits up.

Kabaal 14-11-2017 11:31

The last time they told me not to bother sending something back they turned around and asked for it some time later. Luckily i still had it.

Ken W 14-11-2017 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabaal (Post 35924946)
The last time they told me not to bother sending something back they turned around and asked for it some time later. Luckily i still had it.

Wise move

Paul 14-11-2017 12:53

When they replaced my Hub 2 with a Hub 3, they sent me a box to send the old hub back.
A year later the (boxed) hub is still sitting in a corner, as I never got round to posting it. No one has ever asked for it.

Mad Max 14-11-2017 18:04

Instead of telling you to throw it away, maybe if they made them better in the first place, then they wouldn't have this problem of replacing faulty units!

RichardCoulter 14-11-2017 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabaal (Post 35924946)

That's exactly what happened with my V+. They said to do what I wanted with it, so I kept it as a spare for the FTA channels in case my TiVo failed. Then they said that they wanted it back and would charge me for it if I didn't return it!!!