Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   UKIP has (had) a new leader (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33703636)

Damien 17-02-2017 08:41

Re: UKIP has (had) a new leader

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35886187)
I don't get this either. I understand why he denied saying that he wanted to privatise the NHS as this is not a vote-winner. But the other mistakes on his LinkedIn page or personal website do not win votes. They include:
* He has a PhD.
* He played professional football for Tranmere Rovers.

Not sure it will hurt him but if he loses badly it might call his leadership into question. I think Hillsborough is the most likely of the issues to cost him votes in Stoke.

1andrew1 17-02-2017 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35886205)
Not sure it will hurt him but if he loses badly it might call his leadership into question. I think Hillsborough is the most likely of the issues to cost him votes in Stoke.

I think so as well. His lack of condemnation of UKIP-funding, multi-millionaire Arron Banks's comments on Hillsborough are big mistake. But does UKIP have anyone lined up to replace him apart from Farage (again) who is now busy with LBC and Fox as well as being an MEP as well as keeping a watching brief on Brexit?

Quote:

UKIP leader Paul Nuttall has failed to respond to calls from the ECHO to condemn comments by a multi-millionaire party donor who called the Hillsborough disaster “an accident.”
We have repeatedly asked the Bootle-born politician to comment on tweets by UKIP backer Arron Banks, which said he was “sick of hearing” about the tragedy and accused people of “milking it.”
The ECHO has had no response from Mr Nuttall’s representatives despite calling repeatedly and contacting them on Twitter today.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...-ukip-12608286

TheDaddy 18-02-2017 22:16

Oh look, another kipper out of their depth telling lies...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...87136.html?amp

denphone 19-02-2017 05:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35886502)
Oh look, another kipper out of their depth telling lies...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...87136.html?amp

The sad thing is TD is people still seem to vote for these lying obfuscating politicians..:rolleyes:

TheDaddy 19-02-2017 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35886513)
The sad thing is TD is people still seem to vote for these lying obfuscating politicians..:rolleyes:

It's better than not voting at all, if the majority become to disenfranchised the only ones left will be the hardcore of extremists and you really don't want those types deciding elections, you could go from communist to fascist in the space of weeks left to them. What has become apparent is that this shower of game amateurs that is UKIP are no better than the professional shower that have been lying to us for years, if they're not careful we'll elect someone to drain the swamp :Yikes:

denphone 19-02-2017 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35886515)
It's better than not voting at all, if the majority become to disenfranchised the only ones left will be the hardcore of extremists and you really don't want those types deciding elections, you could go from communist to fascist in the space of weeks left to them. What has become apparent is that this shower of game amateurs that is UKIP are no better than the professional shower that have been lying to us for years, if they're not careful we'll elect someone to drain the swamp :Yikes:

l agree its far better voting for someone rather then not voting at all but sadly the choices put in front of us all are lamentable to say the least.

Damien 19-02-2017 08:50

I still see UKIP having a good chance. Apparently the Liberals are eating into Labour's vote in Stoke.

papa smurf 19-02-2017 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35886518)
I still see UKIP having a good chance. Apparently the Liberals are eating into Labour's vote in Stoke.

you can thank tony bliar and the labour candidate for damaging their own campaign .

1andrew1 19-02-2017 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35886517)
l agree its far better voting for someone rather then not voting at all but sadly the choices put in front of us all are lamentable to say the least.

Sounds like you might be thinking of picking up the baton yourself, Den. :)

denphone 19-02-2017 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35886524)
Sounds like you might be thinking of picking up the baton yourself, Den. :)

Well given my inability to come out with a clear and concise answer to questions l might get the odd one or two votes if one is nominated.;)

papa smurf 19-02-2017 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35886526)
Well given my inability to come out with a clear and concise answer to questions l might get the odd one or two votes if one is nominated.;)

get a bad wig it'll do wonders for your street cred ;)

Kursk 19-02-2017 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35886527)

Den is a bad whig :)

denphone 19-02-2017 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35886527)

No thanks old boy as l would rather people take me as l am..;)

Damien 19-02-2017 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35886520)
you can thank tony bliar and the labour candidate for damaging their own campaign .

I think it's their current leader that's the problem.

heero_yuy 19-02-2017 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35886578)
I think it's their current leader that's the problem.

Well any of the alternatives are no salvation. They're doomed. :)