Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Installation Issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Install let down (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33682474)

BenJSmyth 05-11-2011 00:39

Install let down

Today we had booked an upgrade from the 50mb service to the 100mb service as well as an extra TiVo box to be installed. This was due to happen between 1 and 6pm.

At around 2:15pm the engineer turned up and promptly started replacing the VMG300 for the Superhub. I asked him about the TiVo and he gave me a blank look. He said the 100mb install was all he was down for. I asked if it was possible a second engineer might turn up. He just nodded.

As soon as he left (the install only took 5 minutes) I phoned 150. According to their systems he was supposed to be installing both and both services were on the job sheet, apparently.

Voicemails and emails were left for area managers who would apparently phone me. At around 4:45pm I phoned 150 again. More emails and voicemails were left and also an email to the install team. I received a call from the install team at around 7pm. I was told the earliest date for the TiVo install was Tuesday, Not wanting to take more time off work I plumped for next Saturday (12th). I asked for tomorrow (5th) and was told that an area manager may phone me to arrange something sooner, but all they could do was apologise.

I'm a little unimpressed to be honest. I originally reported the problem 3.5 hours before the end of the install window and honestly thought I would have the box installed tonight. I would have been very happy with an install of tomorrow but I shall have to wait a further week now.

Just thought I would share that ramble with you all :angel:

BenJSmyth 06-11-2011 21:57

Re: Install let down

A quick (or perhaps not) update on this.

I phoned up again on Saturday and they contacted the area manager and asked them to contact me to arrange a time, they said it might have been possible for the same day. Alas, no call or visit. I shall make do with the visit next Saturday to install.

That was only just the start of the problems though, they have got my billing messed up as well and are pulling the telephone call recording.

When ordering on the 31st October I was told the extra TiVo box would incur no extra monthly cost and just a one off isntall fee of £49.95. This I was happy with. I know that from the 1st November they were changing the TiVo fee to per box.

I queried the total monthly bill whilst on the phone yesterday. I was told it was £120.96 however when I upgraded I was told my monthly cost would be £111.46. I made her confirm during the upgrade process that going from VIP50 to VIP100 with the addition of an extra TiVo box would be £111.46 (which is what she had quoted me already but wanted her to confirm). I happily accepted.

I spoke to a resolution manager on Saturday who said they would honour that quoted price once they can confirm by listening to the call. The drama continues....

jcw00 06-11-2011 22:03

Although you have had hassle with your install, you got an earlier install date. If I want Tivo install I have to wait over a month and if I want a Saturday install it will be after Christmas.

BenJSmyth 07-11-2011 00:34

That is true. The install date I am now not too bothered about, it's the billing I'm concerned about! I hope they honour the price they told me and if they do indeed have the call recorded then they will do. If not, I have time to be able to cancel the install next week.

Virgin have always been good with us in the past, and they have always been true to their word (in our case) so I hope this will be no different.

greeninferno 08-11-2011 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenJSmyth (Post 35325429)
Today we had booked an upgrade from the 50mb service to the 100mb service as well as an extra TiVo box to be installed. This was due to happen between 1 and 6pm.

At around 2:15pm the engineer turned up and promptly started replacing the VMG300 for the Superhub. I asked him about the TiVo and he gave me a blank look. He said the 100mb install was all he was down for. I asked if it was possible a second engineer might turn up. He just nodded.

As soon as he left (the install only took 5 minutes) I phoned 150. According to their systems he was supposed to be installing both and both services were on the job sheet, apparently.

Voicemails and emails were left for area managers who would apparently phone me. At around 4:45pm I phoned 150 again. More emails and voicemails were left and also an email to the install team. I received a call from the install team at around 7pm. I was told the earliest date for the TiVo install was Tuesday, Not wanting to take more time off work I plumped for next Saturday (12th). I asked for tomorrow (5th) and was told that an area manager may phone me to arrange something sooner, but all they could do was apologise.

I'm a little unimpressed to be honest. I originally reported the problem 3.5 hours before the end of the install window and honestly thought I would have the box installed tonight. I would have been very happy with an install of tomorrow but I shall have to wait a further week now.

Just thought I would share that ramble with you all :angel:

you maybe should have phoned while he was there may have clarified it on the spot.

Tim Deegan 08-11-2011 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeninferno (Post 35327514)
you maybe should have phoned while he was there may have clarified it on the spot.

That's exactly what I was going to say.

BenJSmyth 08-11-2011 23:10

I did think about it actually and really should have done. When I did phone though I was on hold for 15 minutes. I doubt he would have hung around that long. It is being installed this Saturday now so I am happy enough.

The billing issue was a bigger problem for me but VM have sorted that for me too. Give them their due, they may screw up occasionally but they always seem to rectify things pretty quickly.

Tim Deegan 08-11-2011 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenJSmyth (Post 35327558)
I did think about it actually and really should have done. When I did phone though I was on hold for 15 minutes. I doubt he would have hung around that long. It is being installed this Saturday now so I am happy enough.

The billing issue was a bigger problem for me but VM have sorted that for me too. Give them their due, they may screw up occasionally but they always seem to rectify things pretty quickly.

I take it you didn't have to deal with an overseas call centre then?

BenJSmyth 09-11-2011 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35327566)
I take it you didn't have to deal with an overseas call centre then?

How did you guess :D

Very helpful "resolution manager" from Scotland. I went through to the install team on the phone menu though. Perhaps the installation route, like the "thinking of leaving us" route, always gets through to someone here.