Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33684528)

jb66 08-12-2011 15:50

Re: Speed doubling?

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35342659)
yeah I didn't understand that, don't really like the look of it. I thought VM would get rid of everything below 30 shifting everyone onto docsis3 - SHs.

call centres :shrug: this guy got a SH - http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...3-upgrade.html

not sure whether they charged him or not. Initially I thought as above, everyone getting shifted onto docsis3 reading posts of heads getting SHs for services lower than 30meg.. ready for the upgrades? Can those standard Hubs and modems handle 30meg?

http://shop.virginmedia.com/broadban...s-routers.html

Tim Deegan 08-12-2011 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic (Post 35342502)
Was this just the once, Tim? or are you getting refused help out-of-hours continuously?

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

Thorntons, I think :)

Does it make a difference?

It was both the first operator, and their manager at the call centre. Now it's bad enough the first operator not knowing. But there is no excuse for a manager not knowing.

Looks like huge training needs at VM.

SnoopZ 08-12-2011 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ignitionnet (Post 35342302)
Yay it's official.

Yep all 50Mb customers are being upgraded to 100Mb progressively.

Sorry to disappoint but 100Mb customers are not being upgraded to 200Mb, they're having their price dropped to the 50Mb price of £25/month if taken with a phone line.

100Mb will probably be subject to STM with this upgrade / price reduction, details to be confirmed.

I'm being upgraded in March 2012 if they ever get around to doing the ****ing upstream upgrades here.

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

If you've a Superhub or VMNG 300 you'll be upgraded to 30Mb else if you're a 10Mb customer you'll go to 20Mb, if you're a 20Mb customer you'll go to 30Mb.

For the bored the 30Mb upgrade is to 60Mb.

Is there a link to the official announcement? :)

Tim Deegan 08-12-2011 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35342573)
But of course, I was referring to the past re loyalty vs fiscal sense equation.....

THere comes a stage when you have just had enough I'm afraid,

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 16:03 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35342596)
I expect that will be offshore agents as it is out of hours and expect the support to degrade once our office closes.

And that's the whole problem with VM using overseas call centres...they don't have a clue what they are talking about.

---------- Post added at 16:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisjones (Post 35342606)
I never called the foreign 'tech' lines as its all scripted answers..

And that's the problem

kwikbreaks 08-12-2011 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35342671)
Is there a link to the official announcement? :)

What makes you think there is any official announcement yet?

This gives XL non-DOCIS3 more incentive to shell out the £30 for a Superhub I suppose. Plus how well is 30Mbps on non-DOCSIS3 going to perform? I'm expecting an answer of badly as sfaik there is only a single downstream.

SnoopZ 08-12-2011 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwikbreaks (Post 35342678)
What makes you think there is any official announcement yet?

This gives XL non-DOCIS3 more incentive to shell out the £30 for a Superhub I suppose. Plus how well is 30Mbps on non-DOCSIS3 going to perform? I'm expecting an answer of badly as sfaik there is only a single downstream.

Well Ignition said it was official so it would be nice to find out where that info came from. :)

thenry 08-12-2011 16:17

thanks for clearing that up kwik. apologies for being thick :(

Hugh 08-12-2011 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35342673)
THere comes a stage when you have just had enough I'm afraid,

You really are trying hard not to answer my question, aren't you? ;)

I'll try again - did you, before this issue, stay with VM through loyalty or because it was fiscally advantageous to you?

kwikbreaks 08-12-2011 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35342679)
Well Ignition said it was official so it would be nice to find out where that info came from. :)

I'm guessing this is one of those cases where he could tell you but then he'd have to kill you....

I can't see VM keeping it under wraps for long now it's released into the wild though - after all they'll consider it to be good news. I might too if it weren't for the fact that my connection is borked through oversubscription already.

Tim Deegan 08-12-2011 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35342688)
You really are trying hard not to answer my question, aren't you? ;)

I'll try again - did you, before this issue, stay with VM through loyalty or because it was fiscally advantageous to you?

With respect it was a business decision, and none of your business, or any of VM's business as to why we have been loyal to them. But the fact remains that we have (for whatever reason).

Digital Fanatic 08-12-2011 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35342668)
Does it make a difference?

It was both the first operator, and their manager at the call centre. Now it's bad enough the first operator not knowing. But there is no excuse for a manager not knowing.

Looks like huge training needs at VM.

Yes it does... Myself and other VM Staff on here have said already, you should have been given help when you called.

I'm trying to find out if it's happening all the time or you got a "bad" agent/Manager when you called the offshore centre.

Tim Deegan 08-12-2011 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic (Post 35342707)
Yes it does... Myself and other VM Staff on here have said already, you should have been given help when you called.

Please don't think that I am blaming you, or any other member of VM staff on this forum. I know it must be very embarrassing when the company you work for doesn't operate to your standards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic (Post 35342707)
I'm trying to find out if it's happening all the time or you got a "bad" agent/Manager when you called the offshore centre.

Thanks for that.

This is just another example of why VM shouldn't use overseas call centres.

thenry 08-12-2011 17:29

Where have you moved? I'm sure they have offshore call centres too.

Tim Deegan 08-12-2011 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35342724)
Where have you moved? I'm sure they have offshore call centres too.

You haven't been following this thread have you??

thenry 08-12-2011 17:41

To be honest I haven't followed a few things today.