Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   rugby talk (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=23577)

sir_drinks_alot 03-02-2005 17:52

rugby talk

oh it's comeing up to the six nations so there will be.alot to talk about
in the world of rugby. !

Earl of Bronze 03-02-2005 18:31

Re: rugby talk

Indeed, fingers crossed Ireland can improve on last season. :D

Paul K 03-02-2005 18:48

Well since I have welsh, irish and scottish relations through marriages in the family I'm kind of hedging my bets ;)
Saturday is going to be interesting to say the least :erm: Wonder where I put my 6ft St George Flag????

Chimaera 03-02-2005 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul
Well since I have welsh, irish and scottish relations through marriages in the family I'm kind of hedging my bets ;)
Saturday is going to be interesting to say the least :erm: Wonder where I put my 6ft St George Flag????

Carry on like that you Englander and it will go where the sun doesn't shine!! :ninja:
Now where did I put my 12 ft Welsh Dragon flag? :D
I already have a miniature version on my car aerial - very handy for locating it in the car park at Tesco! :D

marcopolio 05-02-2005 08:12

Well, following last nights game of real rugby, I thought people might be discussing the merits of the Rhinos and the Bulldogs!

Also, if England picked up anything from the best rugby league club side in the world, they should stroll home today. :cool:

jtribe 05-02-2005 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcopolio
Also, if England picked up anything from the best rugby league club side in the world, they should stroll home today. :cool:

Defeated I hope!!!!!!!!!!!!;)
Im Welsh but the y wont let me back in!

Gogogo 05-02-2005 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot
oh it's comeing up to the six nations so there will be.alot to talk about in the world of rugby. !

Six nations, marvellous. It will be interesting to see what the England team can do, almost newbies!

:D

bopdude 05-02-2005 13:22

Well I'm on my way to Cardiff right now, unfortunately it's to work for the weekend :( staying in Newport, might see the match before work tonight ...... come on the lads ( England that is ;) )

Chris W 05-02-2005 13:24

:disturbd: Well, i am going to end up watching it while at work in a Welsh call centre, whilst supporting england :disturbd:

JohnHorb 05-02-2005 14:35

With interactive as well - impressed!

sir_drinks_alot 05-02-2005 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnHorb
With interactive as well - impressed!

i know that did come as a bit of a shocker :Yikes: scotland not doing to bad
so far lets just see how thay do in the next 40 mins

edited
you can talk about rugby League in this thread to you know :)

Gogogo 05-02-2005 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot
i know that did come as a bit of a shocker :Yikes: scotland not doing to bad
so far lets just see how thay do in the next 40 mins

edited
you can talk about rugby League in this thread to you know :)

The Scots are indeed working hard and playing much better but now the French are fighting back. Wow what a match!

:)

homealone 05-02-2005 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gogogo
The Scots are indeed working hard and playing much better but now the French are fighting back. Wow what a match!

a brilliant match, what a shame the end was overshadowed by two questionable decisions from the officials - I didn't think he had a foot in touch & the try should have stood, also the sin bin decision was bizarre.

Having said that, Scotlands failure to clear the lines at the end, leading to the French try, was a bad mistake.

Good open game, though, great to watch :tu:

Gogogo 05-02-2005 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by homealone
a brilliant match, what a shame the end was overshadowed by two questionable decisions from the officials - I didn't think he had a foot in touch & the try should have stood, also the sin bin decision was bizarre.

Having said that, Scotlands failure to clear the lines at the end, leading to the French try, was a bad mistake.

Good open game, though, great to watch :tu:

Certainly on video it looked like a questionable decision, one can only assume that the touch judge had seen something we couldn't and what's more he looked certain. Otherwise agreed, good fighting start. Tonight England will defeat Wales say around 20:10. Actually, this match may not be easy to predict.

homealone 05-02-2005 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gogogo
Certainly on video it looked like a questionable decision, one can only assume that the touch judge had seen something we couldn't and what's more he looked certain. Otherwise agreed, good fighting start. Tonight England will defeat Wales say around 20:10. Actually, this match may not be easy to predict.

I have to admit the touch judge had an excellent view and did look certain of his decision, and that is what he is there for, it just looked ok to me - & at that point in the match, too....

anyway, I agree Wales v England is not easy to predict, I have divided loyalties in this & will just say that I hope the team that plays best is the winner - something I don't think happened in the Scotland game ;)