Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Science & Technology (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   How to cancel a Vodafone contract? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=30369)

smicer07 15-06-2005 23:37

How to cancel a Vodafone contract?

I've had my phone over 12 months and didn't want to be hassled into staying with Vodafone so I cancelled my direct debit. Is this is all I need to do? Last time I had to write to them,but I don't know their address!? and can't find it anywhere... cheers...

Florence 15-06-2005 23:42

Re: How to cancel a Vodafone contract?

Smicer call the CS and tell them.

MovedGoalPosts 15-06-2005 23:44

Apparently if you dial 191 on your vodaphone mobile you can speak to them direct. You will then at least know what to do next.

Do you not get a bill, if you have a Direct Debit. If so does that not have a customer services / billing enquiries number on it.

Cancelling a DD does not cancel a contract. All it does is make the company contact you requiring you to pay them money by another means.

Paul K 16-06-2005 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by smicer07
I've had my phone over 12 months and didn't want to be hassled into staying with Vodafone so I cancelled my direct debit. Is this is all I need to do? Last time I had to write to them,but I don't know their address!? and can't find it anywhere... cheers...

You have to give a months notice I think, if you just stop paying they will keep increasing you bill and then send the debt collectors in for the money.
Quote:

terms and conditions

You will appreciate that this summary is not comprehensive. To read the full terms and conditions please scroll down the page.

1. Length of Agreement
Continues for an initial minimum period of 12 months unless a longer period is specified in the price plan details, in which case that longer period shall apply. If you wish to bring the Agreement to an end you must give one calendar month's written notice to expire on or any time after the expiry of the minimum period

Here's the address for sending off your cancellation
You can also write to Vodafone Customer Care, Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN.
You will probably have to cancel it as of the end of July now so you had better re-instate the payemnts I'm afraid.

smicer07 16-06-2005 12:28

Doh. Looks like I'll have to write to cancel then. :(

Paul K 16-06-2005 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by smicer07
Doh. Looks like I'll have to write to cancel then. :(

Yep unfortunately, make sure you send it registered too so that they can't deny receiving it ;) Cancelling you DD just means you aren't paying for your service, until you tell them you are ending the contract they will continue to bill you for months and months.
Vodafone Customer Care,
Vodafone Limited,
Vodafone House,
The Connection,
Newbury,
Berkshire,
RG14 2FN.

shredder 16-06-2005 17:17

paul you are the master at finding contact numbers and addresses! where on earth do you get them all from!?

Paul K 16-06-2005 17:21

Normally the websites of the company ;) The number is usually there if you don't mind digging. Sometimes it's listed in the Terms and Conditions. If not then Google works wonders on company info if you give it the right search query ;)

Chimaera 16-06-2005 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by shredder
paul you are the master at finding contact numbers and addresses! where on earth do you get them all from!?

Gooogle is his friend - I keep telling him he could make a lot more friends if he got away from that damned computer....... :)

Flubflow 16-06-2005 17:24

Here's sumfink wot I wrote in another thread.....
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...2&postcount=11

Paul K 16-06-2005 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flubflow
Here's sumfink wot I wrote in another thread.....
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...2&postcount=11

I would always advise people to contact a provider by letter for cancellations, registered mail preferably otherwise you are always in a position where they can deny receiving your cancellation notification. Until you get some form of acknowledgement or reply you should always err on the side of caution and expect to be billed until you get some form of response from them.
Send cancellations by registered delivery, wait 2-3 days and then contact them again and make sure they know that you sent the letter by registered post so you can tell if they received it or not ;)

toots66 17-06-2005 12:41

Bear in mind that a Vodafone contract might be with a service provider e.g. Carphone Warehouse, and not direct with Vodafone themselves, in which case you'd need to write to the SP at the address on your bill. My contract is with CPW and even though the bill has a Vodafone logo on it, it is quite clearly from CPW.

allanprg 17-06-2005 12:55

I cancelled my contract vodafone account by sending them a letter saying one months notice of termination of account. Also rang them up. And they did cancel the account. Had a letter back saying your account will be cancelled. After about a month another letter arrived officiallly cancelling the account. ;) Had no trouble. I was with Singlepoint, but they told me to send letter to Vodafone Newbury. ;)

Graham 17-06-2005 12:57

Be warned that if you cancel a Direct Debit and they still try to take money out on it, you could end up paying charges!