Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Stupid, greedy, moronic. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33686996)

cliffster 14-04-2012 22:56

Stupid, greedy, moronic.

10.30 Saturday night, everyone is on Youtube, Netflix, Lovefilm etc and once again the whole network grinds to a stuttering, buffering mess.
Here's an idea Virgin, before you sign people up, why not make sure that you actually have the capacity to supply demand?
Idiots.

gba93 14-04-2012 23:08

Re: Stupid, greedy, moronic.

That'd take all the fun out of being a VM customer :rolleyes:

craigj2k12 15-04-2012 02:33

will be fun when the speed doubling is done, I bet they dont plan on doubling capacity!

General Maximus 15-04-2012 05:39

that is what I have been thinking about recently. I would love to see the numbers on what they are planning to do. They like to flap on about future proofing and knowing how bad it was before I would hope common sense would prevail and they would be tripling it to give them a bit of a cushion.

broadbandking 15-04-2012 07:53

VM are doing a hell of a lot of upgrading all over the country, whilst I admit not every area is perfect there are more area's that are good than bad.

kwikbreaks 15-04-2012 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadbandking (Post 35414000)
...there are more area's that are good than bad.

Which is no consolation to those like myself in a bad area.

As it happens my area does appear to be improving now (difficult to tell as I downgraded to 10Mbps and if they can't deliver that on DOSCIS3 then things really have got bad) but I'm afraid that as far as I'm concerned VM blew it when they let the congestion in my area get as bad as it did - they could offer me 200Mbps tomorrow for £20 and I'd still move on because I'd prefer consistent decent performance to the sometimes good and sometimes dire performance I've seen this last 6 months.

Sirius 15-04-2012 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadbandking (Post 35414000)
VM are doing a hell of a lot of upgrading all over the country, whilst I admit not every area is perfect there are more area's that are good than bad.

The amount of cabinet and fibre upgrades we are planning at the moment is keeping myself and my colleges busy to say the least. Its a very big increase on what we planned last year :)

gba93 15-04-2012 09:42

Sounds like good news - let's just hope it delivers what is required

carlwaring 15-04-2012 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by cliffster (Post 35413934)
10.30 Saturday night, everyone is on Youtube, Netflix, Lovefilm etc and once again the whole network grinds to a stuttering, buffering mess.

I wasn't doing much more than standard surfing last night at that time, but I certainly didn't have any problems. I'll do some YTing, tonight if you like and report back. However, I don't expect there to be any problems so your statement will clearly be in error.

My point, once again, is that you should not rely on hyperbole and over-generalisation.

I am sorry you are having problems in your area but unless you can prove your statement to be true then you might want to re-think your thread title as it is possibly libellous.

Peter_ 15-04-2012 10:25

Quote:

Here's an idea Virgin, before you sign people up, why not make sure that you actually have the capacity to supply demand?
Idiots.

Not quite to say the least.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/04/38.png

Neo-Tech 15-04-2012 11:40

^Post was made late in the evening... would only be fair to post a speedtest from a similar time frame... ;)

Peter_ 15-04-2012 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo-Tech (Post 35414081)
^Post was made late in the evening... would only be fair to post a speedtest from a similar time frame... ;)

Mine are the same any time of day.

Hugh 15-04-2012 12:12

Quote:

Idiots.

Sorry to hear about your problems - there does seem to be recurring problems reported by CF'ers in your area.

Was there anything on the status pages?

Stuart 15-04-2012 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo-Tech (Post 35414081)

And from the same area of the network..

craigj2k12 15-04-2012 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35413973)
that is what I have been thinking about recently. I would love to see the numbers on what they are planning to do. They like to flap on about future proofing and knowing how bad it was before I would hope common sense would prevail and they would be tripling it to give them a bit of a cushion.

I doubt its anywhere near tripling, I dont think they will even be doubling capacity, more like 50% increase (if that)