Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Science & Technology (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Finding an address from just a phone number? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=7278)

Mikey100 11-07-2008 08:44

Re: Finding an address from just a phone number?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham M (Post 34597201)
Well have you tried the advice given in this thread?

---------- Post added at 23:52 ---------- Previous post was at 23:51 ----------

I have merged your thread with the one you bumped with the same question, please do not create multiple posts in multiple threads asking the same question!

Thanks ;)

Yes but not having much luck

Graham M 11-07-2008 09:10

Phone phone numbers are a different matter to business phone numbers and there's a sense of privacy about it, obviously you can normally find out a phone number if you've got the name and normally it has the address to but I'm not sure, for privacy's sake if I'd want to be able to do it the other way. Also remember if they're Ex-Directory you're gonna have no luck whatsoever

Mikey100 11-07-2008 09:13

I understand what you saying just hope some one can come up with he anwser for me as this cowboy has ripped me of and havegone through all the avenues of consumer direct etc but out a address i can not take it any further

Angua 11-07-2008 09:50

Try this http://www.elooker.co.uk/phonesearch.asp

Mikey100 11-07-2008 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angua (Post 34597327)

Hi thanks for that but did not wrk nothing found
Looks like it`s some one operating from a residnetia address

Angua 11-07-2008 13:38

Why not try your local Trading Standards, he may well be known to them & they might have his details.

Mr_love_monkey 11-07-2008 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey100 (Post 34597314)
I understand what you saying just hope some one can come up with he anwser for me as this cowboy has ripped me of and havegone through all the avenues of consumer direct etc but out a address i can not take it any further

How did he rip you off?

Does the business have a name?

Mikey100 11-07-2008 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angua (Post 34597473)
Why not try your local Trading Standards, he may well be known to them & they might have his details.

Hi i have rang consumer direct and trading standards but with out a addres they are unable to help

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:23 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 34597485)
How did he rip you off?

Does the business have a name?

It`s a group of guys i reckon just working from home they going under the name of Groundforce landscpaing and garden services.
They did some work for us saying that all work is g/ted and insured.
I ned them to come out to sort a problem out with what thay have done and they are just refusing to do so any phone calls i make to them they put the phone down on me

Mr_love_monkey 11-07-2008 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey100 (Post 34597909)
It`s a group of guys i reckon just working from home they going under the name of Groundforce landscpaing and garden services.
They did some work for us saying that all work is g/ted and insured.
I ned them to come out to sort a problem out with what thay have done and they are just refusing to do so any phone calls i make to them they put the phone down on me

Do you not have a receipt/estimate with any details on?

Mikey100 11-07-2008 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 34597927)
Do you not have a receipt/estimate with any details on?

Thats the other thing they kep saying they will send a receipt and after 6 weeks stil nothing.
All I have is the leaflet with home and mobile phone number on

SOSAGES 13-07-2008 17:56

anywork that i have ever had done i never pay the full amount until 6months after completion.
gives the builder something to look forward to and if something does go wrong they will come fix it or i have the cash to fix it my self.

richibeno 30-07-2008 21:17

hi you could try and ring them on an other phone so they dont know its you get them round someones house to give them a quote for job ,then have a nice little chat with them

AndyCambs 30-07-2008 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOSAGES (Post 34599038)
anywork that i have ever had done i never pay the full amount until 6months after completion.
gives the builder something to look forward to and if something does go wrong they will come fix it or i have the cash to fix it my self.

Six months? I'd hate to supply you any goods or services then - my cash flow would be shot to pieces

LSainsbury 30-07-2008 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by richibeno (Post 34611431)
hi you could try and ring them on an other phone so they dont know its you get them round someones house to give them a quote for job ,then have a nice little chat with them

Are you saying we should use violence? Don't think we discuss that around here and with that attitude, I can't see you staying on this forum for long either!

richibeno 30-07-2008 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSainsbury (Post 34611458)
Are you saying we should use violence? Don't think we discuss that around here and with that attitude, I can't see you staying on this forum for long either!

hi nice to meet you to
i did not say any thing about violence you did
i said have a nice little chat