Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

TheDaddy 14-07-2014 16:14

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35713952)
Since I retired and no longer needed to wear formal clothes I have only ironed half a dozen items and on every occasions it was with great sadness. It appears that the only times I now use my iron is when someone dies. I hate my iron.

How many of those half dozen items were socks though, I'm gonna guess all of them

joglynne 14-07-2014 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35714184)
How many of those half dozen items were socks though, I'm gonna guess all of them

Wish that they were Daddy. :D Mainly shirts I am sorry to say. I would gladly iron socks if it could bring back those I have lost over the last couple of years.

heero_yuy 14-07-2014 17:58

I've never heard of anybody ironing socks ( until now ). Last time I got the iron out was to put a repair patch on my short shorts.

nashville 14-07-2014 18:50

I always iron socks. Thought everyone did. They look nicer when you put them in the drawer.

weenie 14-07-2014 18:54

So did I nashillle I always iron socks and I agree they look nicer ironed.

MalteseFalcon 14-07-2014 20:05

I don't bother, I just take them out of the tumbler, scrunch into pairs and into a drawer. Ditto with clothes, never bother ironing them.

denphone 15-07-2014 05:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35714293)
I don't bother, I just take them out of the tumbler, scrunch into pairs and into a drawer. Ditto with clothes, never bother ironing them.

You can buy quite a bit of clothing crease free as well Mark.;)

MalteseFalcon 15-07-2014 06:57

If I take them out of the tumbler straight away they never crease. If creased, I just put them on a hanger and stick them on a door handle for a few days and the creases just disappear.

dilli-theclaw 15-07-2014 19:55

I still miss my cat. The others are trying to make me happy though, caught one hanging off the newly put up curtains this morning..... just hanging there looking at me as if to say 'help' ;)

MalteseFalcon 15-07-2014 20:11

It will get better dilli, not immediately that is not expected. Even now, 2 and half years later I still find myself looking for the cat but then remember and it hits me for a few seconds. Even now I still have a small cry over him. And there was me saying I'll stay while it happens, I was more of a mess than I expected to be.

dilli-theclaw 16-07-2014 12:49

Patient transport. I know it's a free service and all but when they mess up it's always spectacular.

Today was a flamingo up for sure.

joglynne 16-07-2014 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35714856)
Patient transport. I know it's a free service and all but when they mess up it's always spectacular.

:(

Did they eventually turn up?

dilli-theclaw 16-07-2014 13:09

Nope.

joglynne 16-07-2014 13:20

Just seen your other posts dilli. What a faff for you. A morning wasted and having to go tomorrow instead.

I do wish I was in striking distance to be able to offer my help. At least I would be able to have a good natter on the journey. One of the 'friends' I ferry to appointments treats me like a servant, sits in splendor in the back of the car and I swear she gives regal waves to the peasants we pass. She does give me a whole 20p to treat myself to a coffee whilst I wait for her to get through her appointments. :D

denphone 16-07-2014 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35714863)
Nope.

Sadly that's no surprise Dilli as they are a law to themselves.

weenie 16-07-2014 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35714856)

Sorry to hear about your lift going to your old address dilli :(

MalteseFalcon 16-07-2014 19:01

Relatively small moan compared to some, but xBox Live is down. Wanted to watch Netflix tonight as nothing on TV that gets me salivating. Gutted. Might actually have to call family and speak to them. :(

raging bull 16-07-2014 19:23

2 months ago I got a confirmation letter regarding my heart surgery appointment to be carried out yesterday, booking in at 07.30am.
I arrived at the hospital where all my personal information was recorded inc height and weight plus blood pressure.
2hrs later the consultant approached me and advised there was a problem!
The procedure could not go ahead because he was not familiar with the particular procedure to be carried out, and no one was available until tomorrow (thursday)so would I come back.
[Turns out someone in the office noted heart procedure will get Dr A to carry out, not realising it required Dr B who was on holiday and more than capable to do the job]

Hom3r 16-07-2014 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35715007)
Relatively small moan compared to some, but xBox Live is down. Wanted to watch Netflix tonight as nothing on TV that gets me salivating. Gutted. Might actually have to call family and speak to them. :(

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status

you can play online, but as you say not video

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

It says Netflix is ok

joglynne 16-07-2014 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by raging bull (Post 35715011)
2 months ago I got a confirmation letter regarding my heart surgery appointment to be carried out yesterday, booking in at 07.30am.
I arrived at the hospital where all my personal information was recorded inc height and weight plus blood pressure.
The procedure could not go ahead because he was not familiar with the particular procedure to be carried out, and no one was available until tomorrow (thursday)so would I come back.
[Turns out someone in the office noted heart procedure will get Dr A to carry out, not realising it required Dr B who was on holiday and more than capable to do the job]

That must have been upsetting raging bull. I can almost imagine how you must have been feeling running up to the Consultant dropping his bombshell. I have to psyche myself up to have some of my treatments and to then have them cancelled for no fault of my own leaves me feeling sick.

Fingers crossed you will have your surgery tomorrow without a hitch and the outcome will be as you hope.

nashville 16-07-2014 20:45

Raging Bull. I hope you get sorted out ok. Good Luck

weenie 16-07-2014 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by raging bull (Post 35715011)

Hope you don't get disappointed again raging bull, sending you my best wishes and may I wish you speedy recovery after your surgery. :hugs:

raging bull 17-07-2014 03:20

Thanks guys, like nearly 03.20 here and scared stiff.
Will start taking my morning meds in another hour or so, only 9tabs to take!

denphone 17-07-2014 05:04

Try not to worry RB and l know that's easier said then done but good luck with your operation.

Hom3r 17-07-2014 11:24

Companies I have to deal with in my job.

I'm trying to check the revision status is a manual, but unless I have a subscription they won't tell me, and they only want $5,000 per year, and I know it's current but I need confirmation from them.

Could be worse one supplier wanted a mere $120,000 for a 100 page document.

weenie 17-07-2014 12:37

Why can't Lawyers/solicitors use layman's terms when speaking to you? :confused:

heero_yuy 17-07-2014 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35715231)
Why can't Lawyers/solicitors use layman's terms when speaking to you? :confused:

Professional jargon. Same with us engineers, we must maintain the mystique that Joe Public couldn't possibly comprehend what we do so you'll pay us loads of dosh for doing it. :D

weenie 17-07-2014 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35715416)
Professional jargon. Same with us engineers, we must maintain the mystique that Joe Public couldn't possibly comprehend what we do so you'll pay us loads of dosh for doing it. :D

:) LOL

denphone 18-07-2014 10:16

l have had a phone call from my partner about a hour and half ago and thank god she is alright as she was driving away from our surgery and one of our car tyres has become badly damaged through something on the road but thankfully she was able to get the car in to park and called out the breakdown recovery service who has fitted the spare tyre on for now until we get a new one in the next couple of days.

dilli-theclaw 18-07-2014 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35715572)
l have had a phone call from my partner about a hour and half ago and thank god she is alright as she was driving away from our surgery and one of our car tyres has become badly damaged through something on the road but thankfully she was able to get the car in to park and called out the breakdown recovery service who has fitted the spare tyre on for now until we get a new one in the next couple of days.

I'm glad she's ok :tu:

denphone 18-07-2014 10:26

Yes tyres can be replaced but our nearest and dearest can't.

joglynne 18-07-2014 11:02

Glad to hear that your partner is OK Den. Hope it hasn't left her feeling anxious about driving.

I once ran over a piece of wood that had a big staple sticking out of it. Heavy traffic and no way of avoiding the dang thing. I ended up with a slow puncture in my offside front tyre and managed to get off the motorway without damaging the wheel. Left me a tad wary for a long time but I was thankful I was able to change the tyre away from the hard shoulder.

MalteseFalcon 18-07-2014 11:38

Gonna bruise later. First vein nurse tried for a blood test popped, blood all down my arm and now sore as anything. Put ice on it to numb it, which has helped big time.

weenie 18-07-2014 13:14

Quote:

I am so glad that your partner is all right den.

nashville 18-07-2014 14:55

So glad all is well Den, Just give her an extra cuddle tonight

denphone 18-07-2014 15:46

Thanks everybody as all is fine and well now as we had a new tyre fitted a couple of hours ago and the lady of the house is now giving me my orders again.:Yes::no::Yes:

heero_yuy 18-07-2014 18:20

Glad everthing worked out OK Den. But a caution: Everytime you bump up over a kerb parking or graunch the alloys or down into a pot hole is just another increased risk of a high speed blowout.

denphone 18-07-2014 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35715769)
Glad everthing worked out OK Den. But a caution: Everytime you bump up over a kerb parking or graunch the alloys or down into a pot hole is just another increased risk of a high speed blowout.

My partner is a very safe driver and trys to avoid all these things heero at all costs and the culprit today is a very sharp nail which obviously has come in contact with the tyre and sadly has caused the severe damage to the tyre.

heero_yuy 18-07-2014 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35715776)
My partner is a very safe driver and trys to avoid all these things heero at all costs and the culprit today is a very sharp nail which obviously has come in contact with the tyre and sadly has caused the severe damage to the tyre.

Glad to hear it was just an unlucky chance. I cringe when I see people abusing their tyres oblivious to the fact that they're storing up trouble for later.

denphone 18-07-2014 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35715791)
Glad to hear it was just an unlucky chance. I cringe when I see people abusing their tyres oblivious to the fact that they're storing up trouble for later.

Indeed there are as many bad drivers as there are good drivers in my book.

heero_yuy 18-07-2014 19:57

Its gone really dark from out to sea. I think we're about to get some more storms. Even the seagulls have vanished. they were making a racket over the flying ants that are everywhere. Yep distant thunder now. :(

Eek, big lightening!

dave6x 18-07-2014 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35715811)
Its gone really dark from out to sea. I think we're about to get some more storms. Even the seagulls have vanished. they were making a racket over the flying ants that are everywhere. Yep distant thunder now. :(

Eek, big lightening!

Hmmm might be coming this way then!

At the height of the storm here last night, about 12:30am, there was a terrific flash an almighty crash of thunder and my desktop PC shutdown. When I rebooted it the network interface card was cooked, luckily seems to be the only damage so now running temporarily on a spare wireless adaptor!

MalteseFalcon 18-07-2014 22:43

Just had a bit of sheet lighting, no thunder and a tiny little spot of rain. Then just as I was about to close the curtains, I saw my first ever forked lightning. 29 years old and had never seen forked lightning myself. Only pictures, but nothing compared to seeing it yourself.

heero_yuy 19-07-2014 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave6x (Post 35715815)
Hmmm might be coming this way then!

At the height of the storm here last night, about 12:30am, there was a terrific flash an almighty crash of thunder and my desktop PC shutdown. When I rebooted it the network interface card was cooked, luckily seems to be the only damage so now running temporarily on a spare wireless adaptor!

If you get a ground strike it can shift the earth potential up hundreds of volts locally. This creates surges in any wiring in the vicinity, somewhat like an EMP event, you don't even need to get struck to be subject to shocks and for electronics to get fried.

heero_yuy 19-07-2014 19:20

Another big storm coming in from the channel. Getting very dark now and no birds whatsoever. Distant thunder. :(

Taken the main PC's off-line as a precaution. They're on a surge arrester block as are the interfaces but better not to chance it.

MalteseFalcon 19-07-2014 19:44

Wish it was pouring with rain here.

heero_yuy 19-07-2014 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35716095)
Wish it was pouring with rain here.

Well they're heading North so you might be in the firing line. :erm:

Still think I'll pop the air-con on in the bedroom and get it chilled down for later.

Hom3r 19-07-2014 20:43

I have apparently slept through thunderstorms on Friday & Saturday morning.

dilli-theclaw 19-07-2014 20:46

My TARDIS mug just bought the farm - nooooooooooooo :(

Qtx 21-07-2014 15:16

Train delayed due to signal errors and then after waiting ages a new alert over the speakers saying trains are now delayed due to a train hitting someone. Dont remember hearing such a blunt tannoy announcement before.

Annoying as I walked past some bus stops on the way to the station and now imon a replacement bus service going the same way

South-west trains Wimbledon to dorking screwed at the moment if anyone expecting to use them

Maggy 24-07-2014 10:51

15 mosquito bites so far.I'm pretty certain there are more but I can't reach those so I can't do anything to them..:(

Hugh 24-07-2014 11:30

Try citronella oil as a repellent, with daily piriton to minimise the reaction.

weenie 24-07-2014 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35717073)
15 mosquito bites so far.I'm pretty certain there are more but I can't reach those so I can't do anything to them..:(

:( Not good Maggy, I use Jungle Formula Maximum spray as well as the plug in also by Jungle Formula, but my sister swears by the skin so soft "original" by Avon. I also find eurax itch relief cream is very good.

Maggy 24-07-2014 12:42

I hate the smell of repellent..I just wish there was something similar to what vets give orally to cats to stop fleas but for mozzies instead.

Hom3r 24-07-2014 17:48

My dr's you cannot book appointments to see one now, they have to phone you back after surgery, which is anytime after 6 to see if you need to see him.

Qtx 24-07-2014 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35717112)
I hate the smell of repellent..I just wish there was something similar to what vets give orally to cats to stop fleas but for mozzies instead.

A mossy collar for humans would be no good as the mozzies would just go for your ankles instead...

MalteseFalcon 24-07-2014 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35717177)
My dr's you cannot book appointments to see one now, they have to phone you back after surgery, which is anytime after 6 to see if you need to see him.

A lot of places will be going like that, GP's seem to be leaving/retiring at a remarkable pace. My surgery, the senior partner and his wife retired in January, March the next one down retired and now the senior partner is a 40 odd year old woman with at least 2 kids. Wonder how long before she retires?

Not meaning to come across as a MCP, just stating the facts at my surgery.

Osem 24-07-2014 20:48

Quote:

Glad she's fine Den. As you say, tyres can be replaced, our loved ones can't. :tu:

Maggy 24-07-2014 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qtx (Post 35717181)
A mossy collar for humans would be no good as the mozzies would just go for your ankles instead...

Taken orally..then the mozzies DIE

Uncle Peter 25-07-2014 13:21

Stuck in Brum on a Friday. What delights will the M6 hold later I wonder

Qtx 25-07-2014 16:13

When you make the effort to clean something properly but end up removing the crud that was actually holding it together.

Edit: and getting superglue on your fingers xD

Pauls9 25-07-2014 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qtx (Post 35717416)
When you make the effort to clean something properly but end up removing the crud that was actually holding it together.

Oops - like the time I used a powerful cleaner in the central heating, which removed the crud sealing the pump's isolating valve shafts - had hot acid running down the walls. :Yikes:

weenie 26-07-2014 23:46

Just sat down to watch the Judo that I thought I had recorded only to discover that I recorded badminton instead :( hate when that happens ... total bummer and I was so looking forward to it as well.

weenie 29-07-2014 16:38

After nearly 25 years of really having nothing to do with insurance companies I feel in the last few months that is all I have been doing making calls, receiving calls getting reports etc I did not realise how draining making a claim can be.

joglynne 29-07-2014 17:02

You will get it sorted weenie. Whilst everything gets processed it seems as though the hassles will never stop but it will. <hugs>

We have had three separate insurance claims going on for the last few months. The last one was settled last week after the intervention of the Ombudsman. Went to pay the cheque into the Bank this morning and I can't begin to describe the weight that has been lifted off our shoulders. I wait with anticipation to hear that you have reason to get that same feeling.

weenie 29-07-2014 19:42

Thanks joglynne I do hope so.

Stuart 29-07-2014 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35717177)

Whereas my doctors will allow you to book appointments online. Rather bizarrely, you have to write to them for permission to use the system.

My moans. Tourists, pupils and trains..

Sadly, working in a busy tourist town, I get to see a lot of tourists and pupils. Most of the time, neither bother me but I've dealt with both every day for the last couple of weeks.

My problem with pupils is simply that schools, presumably in an attempt to cut costs, often send out pupils in large groups (I've seen up to 100) with a couple of teachers. I don't even have a problem with that. It's just that the teachers seem to work hard to find a place for the pupils to group up that causes the maximum disruption for other people. They block pavements, stairs, escalators, pedestrian cross, and anything else they can. Today, I had to fight to get down the stairs to my station, then, when I needed to change to the overground train, another group of pupils had blocked the one entrance to my platform that was open.

I'm sure that they don't, but I've had to fight to get past large groups at least twice a day for the last two weeks. BTW, these are both language schools, and don't seem to follow the normal term start/end dates.

Tourists tend to do the same thing.

Why bring trains into it? Well, my evening train is normally crowded, which is bad enough, but today it was so crowded that no one even had room to breath. The man standing behind me seemed unable to hold on to the rail. Well, he'd have had to put down either his briefcase or book to do so, and he seemed unable to do either. So, every time the train moved even slightly he went flying into the nearest commuter, usually me. I had to hold on for dear life to stop myself crushing the woman in front of me, and the extra weight really wasn't helping. Of course, South Eastern being the charming, customer focused company they are, said absolutely nothing about any earlier problems that might have caused (IMO) dangerous levels of overcrowding. In fact, beyond the normal automated train announcements, they actually said nothing.

nashville 29-07-2014 20:25

We have an open surgery in the morning and you are always attended too if you are there before half past eleven. The afternoon is for appointments only. It works very well. It is a one Doctor practise, which is good for patient and doctor.

weenie 29-07-2014 23:58

I remember when I was younger that is the way my Doctors worked only difference it was not a one Doctors practice. I do sometimes wonder why did they change something that works just fine, if it ain't broke I say don't fix it. Nashville I wish my GP practice still worked like your's.

My moan now is that hubby or the boy's have found my Frys peppermint cream chocolate bar :( that I thought I had hid really well from prying eyes.

nashville 30-07-2014 00:05

Hope you find the Frys

weenie 30-07-2014 00:09

Sadly it's long gone found the wrapper in Steven's bedroom, no pieces for him at work tomorrow.

dilli-theclaw 30-07-2014 15:00

Charcot foot again and I thought I was doing better - back in two bloody casts for months again :(

denphone 30-07-2014 15:17

l am sorry to hear about your health travails again dilli and l do hope things improve soon for you.

weenie 30-07-2014 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35718459)
Charcot foot again and I thought I was doing better - back in two bloody casts for months again :(

That's rotten dilli, sorry to hear that you are in casts again :(

joglynne 30-07-2014 17:57

That's bad news dilli. <<hugs>>

Stuart 04-08-2014 11:02

Companies with slow websites..

I'm trying to install the latest version of the software we use to manage our cameras. The software is downloading at about 140kbps, and it's a 130 meg file.

I wouldn't mind, but we paid about 40,000 euros for each camera, you'd think they could afford decent web hosting, especially as the first thing they usually tell you to do when you call them for support is download the latest software from their website.

Uncle Peter 05-08-2014 00:43

Spinal Tap were rehearsing in the next room to us again tonight. Can your backline be any louder and can your singer possibly be any worse, droning endless, crap Judas Priest covers.

Need to find somewhere else... this is really getting on my wick, it's nearly every week now no matter what night we practice. :mad:

peanut 05-08-2014 13:01

(A constructive moan)...Cable Forum for some time now seems way too quiet. I hope something can be done about it. The appeal and it's use seems a bit lost.

I couldn't find the thread about the changes that were proposed, but I haven't noticed anything to come out of it.

I thought it must be worth a mention.

weenie 05-08-2014 22:15

I have had a splitting sore head since about 9pm, I have took 2 Panadol Advance and they still have not kicked in :(

Hom3r 05-08-2014 22:36

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28660536

Thanks for the advanced warning, Ricky Gervais is so unfunny I'd rather watch a Justin Bieber concert

Qtx 05-08-2014 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35719671)
I have had a splitting sore head since about 9pm, I have took 2 Panadol Advance and they still have not kicked in :(

Ibuprofen work pretty good for headaches and you can still take one even though you have taken the Panadol. Hope it goes away soon!

---------- Post added at 22:48 ---------- Previous post was at 22:46 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35719679)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28660536

Thanks for the advanced warning, Ricky Gervais is so unfunny I'd rather watch a Justin Bieber concert

Given that choice, being in a coma for a year would better :Sprint:

TheDaddy 05-08-2014 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 35719557)
(A constructive moan)...Cable Forum for some time now seems way too quiet. I hope something can be done about it. The appeal and it's use seems a bit lost.

I couldn't find the thread about the changes that were proposed, but I haven't noticed anything to come out of it.

I thought it must be worth a mention.

:( :(

Think I agree

MalteseFalcon 06-08-2014 03:52

Looking after a relatives cat for a few nights. Little sod decided at half past 3 to come and sit next to me, soaking with a half dead mouse in her mouth. Now wide awake and no prospect of sleeping again tonight.

weenie 06-08-2014 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35719708)
Looking after a relatives cat for a few nights. Little sod decided at half past 3 to come and sit next to me, soaking with a half dead mouse in her mouth. Now wide awake and no prospect of sleeping again tonight.

Mark my Mum used say that when a cat does this they are giving you a gift, when I used to freak out when my Granny's cat brought birds and filed mice back sometimes dead or as near as dam it back and drop them at my feet. I could never understand it as she was a well fed spoiled cat.

MalteseFalcon 06-08-2014 11:12

Oh I know it is supposed to be a gift, but I would have preferred it had the cat waited until a decent hour to give it to me!

weenie 06-08-2014 11:23

LOL yes 3:30 in the morning is not a time anyone wishes to be woken up ...

joglynne 06-08-2014 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35719728)
Oh I know it is supposed to be a gift, but I would have preferred it had the cat waited until a decent hour to give it to me!

Try getting the gift of a very live and unamused squirrel. I swear, the late and sorely missed Riley, was smirking as he sat watching us trying to catch the 'present' he was so proud of. Our current feline, Ben, likes the sensation of having a wasp/bee buzzing in his mouth, so we normally have a few soggy treats lying around ready to sting any unwary bare feet. Certainly makes life errrr interesting. :D

@weenie. I hope your head is better this morning. <hugs>

dilli-theclaw 06-08-2014 12:58

Another week, another broken foot :( this time I managed the deed while I was in a cast.

denphone 06-08-2014 13:34

l hope things get better for you soon dilli as you seem to be so unlucky with things.

joglynne 06-08-2014 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35719757)
Another week, another broken foot :( this time I managed the deed while I was in a cast.

Now that takes determination.

Joking aside that's bad news dilli. Will they have to change the type of cast they put on you in future?

dilli-theclaw 06-08-2014 14:06

I will get the same type of cast ( I has another two on today) but I need to keep off my feet more.

joglynne 06-08-2014 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35719776)
I will get the same type of cast ( I has another two on today) but I need to keep off my feet more.

Good time to test that your new home is chair friendly. Nothing like prolonged use to show up the areas that need any adjustment. <<hugs>>

weenie 06-08-2014 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35719757)

Sorry to hear that dilli, you are having rotten luck lately hope it changes soon.

Update from the insurance and found out what the hold up is and that is my delightful neighbour is once again causing problems and that is her insurance company is trying to send a loss adjuster and they are unable to get a response as to when they can do a site visit. This woman could get a degree in how to ignore or simply decline to give a reply she would have honours by now I swear. It makes me so mad what she does. This must go against her surely as the one person you do not want to annoy is your insurance company. So what is in store now is another few weeks of stress waiting for her majesty to make a response if she decides. I do wonder what will happen if she continues to ignore her insurance/loss adjuster request for a site visit does she not realise that my insurance will keep going anyway. So stressed out at the moment and cannot focus on anything apart from this as it seems to be taking over my life :(

MalteseFalcon 07-08-2014 20:59

Might have to go to the doctors tomorrow, had a hard lump on the back of my neck for the last week. Yesterday, it was roughly the size of a ping pong ball, so know something is wrong. But being typical male, burying my head in the sand. Trouble is, 2 different GP's have said something different for it. One reckons it is my blood sugar going too high, whereas another said it is a sign of infection. Which is bizarre because I have no other symptoms of an infection anywhere in my body. Weird.

ThunderPants73 07-08-2014 21:11

Next door-but-one's friggin dog. I swear it can't MOVE without yapping. It craps, it yaps, it breathes, it yaps, it yaps in it's sleep, it yaps between yaps, a flea farts, it yaps. It yaps at it's owners, it yaps at the wind, it yaps at the rain, it yaps at itself yapping. Godforsaken piece of s**t thing. Anyone know where I can buy some Rabies?

I'm a cat person. :upyours:

weenie 07-08-2014 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35720068)
Might have to go to the doctors tomorrow, had a hard lump on the back of my neck for the last week. Yesterday, it was roughly the size of a ping pong ball, so know something is wrong. But being typical male, burying my head in the sand. Trouble is, 2 different GP's have said something different for it. One reckons it is my blood sugar going too high, whereas another said it is a sign of infection. Which is bizarre because I have no other symptoms of an infection anywhere in my body. Weird.

Hope you get it sorted soon Mark, you may just need a course of antibiotics if it is caused by an infection especially if the lump is getting bigger.

rhyds 08-08-2014 09:39

I've been smacking my head against the breeze block wall of telecoms again today...

Long story short: I moved my calls and broadband from BT to plusnet on the 16th of July. BT for some reason then decided I still wanted broadband with them, so not only did they charge me a July bill (paying for services from the 21st of July to the 22nd of August) for my old package, they also threw on a £25 broadband only deal, leaving me with a July bill for £52 for services I couldn't use (as my calls and BB were being billed to plusnet).

Now BT say "ignore this bill until your final bill arrives". The problem however comes from the amount of time BT say they will take to produce that final bill (30-45 days). Now that takes the wait over another billing date, so I'm now stuck waiting for that and hoping BT don't start getting aggressive over chasing the £52 they claim I owe them (I cancelled my direct debit as I'd rather not pay money for services I've never used)...

weenie 08-08-2014 12:50

Awkward people who makes things so difficult for everyone involved including the very people who are trying to represent them "their loss adjuster" as they refuse to even liaise with them. Why do that :shrug:

heero_yuy 08-08-2014 14:09

Vodafone. For changing the details of my 3G dongle so you have to buy a data package rather than just a top-up.

Checked I had credit on it before going down to Cornwall but nothing connected. Even took the lappy into Penzance to be in range of the 3G signal rather than the useless 2G elsewhere but the thing kept going to the top-up page but it's so slow that in 1/2 an hour it never actually loaded up enough to tell me about the credit.

Back home I bought a top-up voucher because I thought the credit had expired, turns out it hadn't but now you have to buy a data package that expires after a month even if you haven't used the credit. At least the nice scots guy on the help line (Answered in about 3 mins) topped up my balance to a full £30 for free and set up the packages (1 Gig each) to run on the next three months.

I asked how long it would take for the dongle to become active and he said just re-boot the PC, and lo! it worked. So a + for Vodafones telephone support and a - for not telling me about the changes.

weenie 12-08-2014 01:22

Hate not being able to sleep, too many thoughts in my head trying to predict what will happen next with the insurance companies, as neighbour seems to be still ignoring requests from their insurance for a loss adjuster to do a site visit. :mad: