Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   ADSL : Just A quick query, can i get both services? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33687519)

boroboi 07-05-2012 16:49

Just A quick query, can i get both services?

So i'm thinking of ways to get around the problem of jitter. I'm in contact with the CEO office complaints team and looking at getting a VMNG300 in an effort to reduce jitter enough to be able to game at any time other than 3am, but another idea came to my head...

Can you get both the ADSL service AND cable on the same account?

Ignitionnet 07-05-2012 16:54

Re: Just A quick query, can i get both services?

No, and the VM ADSL service is repugnant if not hosted on Cable and Wireless.

If you want ADSL take it from another operator, you'll need a BT line in any event.

boroboi 07-05-2012 16:56

Mod edit, that idea was short lived. Cheers!

qasdfdsaq 07-05-2012 17:28

I'm told the CEO's office has run out of VMNG300's, but you can have my old one if you can convince them to activate it on your line.

boroboi 07-05-2012 19:53

A generous offer, thanks. I heard the same thing, but i know of at least one other person who has been promised one, after i heard that. I'll wait and see what they say :)

Nopanic 08-05-2012 10:49

Become a business customer :)

For business critical applications, we can provide a number of resilient options for our MIA service. Our special MIA pre-sales team will help design a solution to give you added reassurance. For example, we can give you two completely independent connections to our network, with automatic switchover in the event of one of them failing (called dual-homing). And if you need even greater resilience, our multi-homing option means you can automatically switch over to an entirely different provider’s connection, in the unlikely event of a fault with ours.

boroboi 08-05-2012 16:33

I don't have the money to waste on such an option i'm afraid :(

On a positive note, i've been told that VM are expecting an order of VMNG300's from Ambit sometime shortly.

Nopanic 08-05-2012 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by boroboi (Post 35424934)
I don't have the money to waste on such an option i'm afraid :(

On a positive note, i've been told that VM are expecting an order of VMNG300's from Ambit sometime shortly.

Really? I was under the impression the item had been discontinued.

kwikbreaks 08-05-2012 17:01

I'm sure they have but don't forget that some Virgin reps will say absolutely anything to get shot of a customer.

Sirius 08-05-2012 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwikbreaks (Post 35424956)
I'm sure they have but don't forget that some Virgin reps will say absolutely anything to get shot of a customer.

I was told we no longer have a contract with Ambit to supply any of there modems, Therefor if we have no contract then we cannot order them through our system.

boroboi 08-05-2012 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nopanic (Post 35424948)
Really? I was under the impression the item had been discontinued.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwikbreaks (Post 35424956)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35424962)
I was told we no longer have a contract with Ambit to supply any of there modems, Therefor if we have no contract then we cannot order them through our system.

This came directly from the CEO's office, from the complaints manager.

Sirius 08-05-2012 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by boroboi (Post 35424967)
This came directly from the CEO's office, from the complaints manager.

Well i hope your right but i have been trying to get a VMG300 for 2 months now to replace this super hub and i have been told repeatedly i cannot have one because they don't have them and that was also asking internally.

Peter_ 08-05-2012 18:07

Quote:

I think this is more likely to happen as the VMNG300 does not exist, they would be better off buying some off the shelf kit that actually works.

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35424977)
Well i hope your right but i have been trying to get a VMG300 for 2 months now to replace this super hub and i have been told repeatedly i cannot have one because they don't have them and that was also asking internally.

It says it all that you cannot source one internally considering the kit you have had in the past.

boroboi 08-05-2012 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35424977)

Someone over on their support forums had one a week or two ago. The official consensus seems to be that you can't have one, but if you lodge a complaint through the CEO office, they will comply with you in most cases.

In my case, they either get me a VMNG300 or they lose a customer of over 10 years as this is the last and only option available to me. Since they seem to have a lot of requests for it, it wouldn't surprise me if Ambit had some in surplus themselves and VM can request them if needed? Perhaps they can buy them in from Ambit's own surplus, who knows... but they ARE available.

Peter_ 08-05-2012 20:15

Quote:

After thinking about this I now wish it to be true simply because it would be hilarious to watch just like feeding time at the shark enclosure when some chum is thrown in, the switchboards would be jammed, hopefully it is happening now simply because of a rumour.:D

But somehow I think sanity may have prevailed and Virgin Media have not gone and brought back an antique, they should invest in quality off the shelf equipment not toytown pap.;)