Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo : Tivo has just had a update but what update is it? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33677531)

i love virgin 10-05-2011 04:49

Tivo has just had a update but what update is it?

About 10 mins ago my Tivo box just turned itself off and is doing a update but does anyone know what the update is?

its taking a while to do.

The update is done now and i can see a new thing

on the Channel strap at bottom of screen that tells you what you are watching and what channel you are watching well now the channel logo is on the left hand side.

richardc1983 10-05-2011 05:10

Re: Tivo has just had a update but what update is it?

Also had an update but don't know what for...

bayonet 10-05-2011 06:23

Just had the update on my TIVO as well just waiting to see what it is

denphone 10-05-2011 06:48

Somethings happened.

Perfect Choice 10-05-2011 06:54

Once updated, could you post your software version please.

bayonet 10-05-2011 07:05

Mine shows 15.1-01-3-C00

i love virgin 10-05-2011 07:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfect Choice (Post 35232932)
Once updated, could you post your software version please.

Mine is now

15,1-01-3-COO

howardmicks 10-05-2011 07:08

mine showing software version 15.1-01-3-COO

BenJSmyth 10-05-2011 07:37

Mine are both showing that version now too. Will be interesting to see what the official changelog is. They usually post something on the Virgin Media Community forum so I shall be keeping my eye on that forum.

caph 10-05-2011 07:44

Does it have anything to do with being able to scroll up and down by a whole page at a time? I was moaning yesterday that I couldn't do it on Tivo but this morning I'm getting a Tivo tip along the top of the screen telling me to use the Channel up and down buttons, which sure enough works. I don't know why they haven't added these icons to the bottom of the TV Guide to tell people though.

ahardie 10-05-2011 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by caph (Post 35232941)
Does it have anything to do with being able to scroll up and down by a whole page at a time? I was moaning yesterday that I couldn't do it on Tivo but this morning I'm getting a Tivo tip along the top of the screen telling me to use the Channel up and down buttons, which sure enough works. I don't know why they haven't added these icons to the bottom of the TV Guide to tell people though.

I think you have always been able to do that.

nialli 10-05-2011 07:47

Quote:

My TiVo's always had that - channel up/down for page up/down.

Joedm45 10-05-2011 07:48

Quote:

That feature has been there from the start. It is only referenced in the instruction pdf online but I do agree that it would be handy to have it on screen like the V+ does

BenJSmyth 10-05-2011 07:49

I'm going to turn on my Tivo and have a quick look around before I have to leave for work :(

Begize 10-05-2011 07:53

Mine randomly did this on Satuday evening. In the middle of watching TV, suddenly came up "there is a problem with this channel" (BBC1 HD) - I switched to BBC1 SD which briefly appeared, followed by the same message. Other channels were OK but the box rebooted itself. When it came back on I noticed the channel logo's appeared in the now and next bar so guessed there had been some kind of update. Not at home so I can't post any version numbers.