Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo : HD channels out of sync? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33687203)

tvout 23-04-2012 20:11

HD channels out of sync?

Hi all,

I watched a film the other night on Channel 5 HD (150) and the sound was out of sync. I'm watching it again now (gadget show world tour) and it's out of sync again.
Is it the same for everyone else?

raging bull 23-04-2012 21:25

Re: HD channels out of sync?

Yes high tec prog gadget show 'out of sync',shame about that.

muppetman11 23-04-2012 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvout (Post 35418283)
Hi all,

I watched a film the other night on Channel 5 HD (150) and the sound was out of sync. I'm watching it again now (gadget show world tour) and it's out of sync again.
Is it the same for everyone else?

Just played The Gadget Show back off my Sky+HD box and it seems fine on satellite , however I've also had plenty of trouble with C5 HD on numerous shows over the last few months.

tvout 23-04-2012 22:25

Cool, cheers, so it's not just me then. I've only had a HD TV for a few weeks so wasn't sure whether this was a common issue with the Tivo or with VM on the other boxes either.

sinbad 24-04-2012 10:48

in edinburgh mine was out of synch also.

Eric55 24-04-2012 13:51

Also Dealers, American Chopper and Wheeler Dealers is out of sync on the Discovery Channel.

zappa100 24-04-2012 14:08

I get sync problems when putting some hd channels through stereo amp via scart adapter.
Is it to do with Dolby surround signals?

tvout 24-04-2012 17:20

Mine has the headphones jack on the TV plugged into a surround sound system, I tried playing the sound direct from the TV and still the same. One suggested fix was changing the audio on the Tivo from Dolby Digital to Dolby via PCM or something like that. I tried that and still the same...

steveh 27-04-2012 17:42

Past few weeks the first half of 30 Rock has been fine but the second half after the ads has been out of sync to varying degrees. Not sure how Comedy Central manage that...

DJSADERS 27-04-2012 20:19

I get this quite regularly across several HD channels, not to sure what it is though :/

Chad 27-04-2012 23:08

Red Dwarf 2 nights ago on Dave HD was terribly out of sync.

Seems we're all having the same problem over a series of HD channels. So I assume this is a problem caused by Virgin then?

DaMac 28-04-2012 08:04

It could be, it could also be an hdmi problem, what you are starting to see is a variety of streams with differing delays broadcast to different boxes outputted via differing quality hdmi cables to thousands of different hdmi display's and amps. We have already seen that Tivo has had some problems with some TV's we have seen that some 3d tv's havn't been compatible with VM output, whatever it is i bet VM won't ever be able to sort it 100%.

DJSADERS 29-04-2012 09:32

possibly, my hdmi cable runs through a splitter as my tv only has 1 hdmi port, but then wouldn't standard def channels be affected too?

DaMac 29-04-2012 13:02

ages ago on my SA V+ E4 sd was usually out of synch via hdmi output on my set up, when i changed my TV and HDMI cable it seemed to be fine. As i have stated in another post, i seemed to get a delay setting right on my amp that put the HD channels back into synch, then some other channel comes along that seems to be out again, it is craazy, the timecode in the picture is supposed to be able to allow modern equipment to correct it automatically, but somewhere something breaks down, it could be timecode corruption, or hdmi handshakes, someone will know but won't be saying.

Chad 29-04-2012 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaMac (Post 35420162)
It could be, it could also be an hdmi problem, what you are starting to see is a variety of streams with differing delays broadcast to different boxes outputted via differing quality hdmi cables to thousands of different hdmi display's and amps. We have already seen that Tivo has had some problems with some TV's we have seen that some 3d tv's havn't been compatible with VM output, whatever it is i bet VM won't ever be able to sort it 100%.

Interesting info.

Do people have this same problem watching HD channels on SKY, Freesat and Freeview?