Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   General IT Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   No picture just red cross top left (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=20722)

Mike 28-11-2004 12:23

No picture just red cross top left

Hi all

Any idea why some pictures do not appear on my PC...............just get a small red cross in the top left of the box.

Regards

Mike

MindTrix 28-11-2004 12:38

Re: No picture just red cross top left

Usualy its to do with sever issues, like the website is going really slow so the picture doesnt load, or your pc connection is going really slow and it doesnt load.

I had it once where this happened and found deleting temporary internet files fixed it.

Mike 28-11-2004 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindTrix
Usualy its to do with sever issues, like the website is going really slow so the picture doesnt load, or your pc connection is going really slow and it doesnt load.

I had it once where this happened and found deleting temporary internet files fixed it.

Tried deleting TIF but still no picture !

Any other ideas

paulyoung666 28-11-2004 14:23

just some not all ???????? , have you tried a ctrl f5 to force the cache ??????? , if not does a different proxy help :)

Mike 28-11-2004 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulyoung666
just some not all ???????? , have you tried a ctrl f5 to force the cache ??????? , if not does a different proxy help :)

The site I am going to is my homepage which is a (index.htm) page ....but still coming up just as a cross tried ctrl F5 no luck !

AndrewJ 28-11-2004 14:43

Also have you checked for spyware,malware and all them recommend programs are Adware and Spybot 1.3 which compliment each other.

Spybot 1.3

Adware Se

Hope they help, also run a full system scan for viruses.

Another thing I once had this issue with a website turned out to be my firewall ( yes it was nortons :dozey:) just try to access it without the firewall running, if its happening offline in your own folders then it could still be spyware.

Best of luck m8.

MindTrix 28-11-2004 14:43

Link us to it so we can see?

AndrewJ 28-11-2004 14:49

I forgot the darn link, its a computer place which I was refered to I know its not ebuyer or scan.co.uk it was another one.... arggggghh :mad: hate it when this happens I will search for the it now.

AndrewJ 28-11-2004 15:17

Cant remember for life of me. It aint Scan.co.uk think its based in Manchester or Bolton I ordered a Sunbeam case from them also. :erm:

Mal 28-11-2004 15:19

dabs.com?

AndrewJ 28-11-2004 15:20

No not that one,, make its name is close to scan.co.uk also just cant remember it :banghead:

MindTrix 28-11-2004 15:21

Check your history??

AndrewJ 28-11-2004 15:23

Formatted this rig a few days ago as I had just put a new processor and soundcard plus Ram, and figured it needed doing.

I will find this site

Valerie 28-11-2004 19:21

found this suggestion on a web site after extended Google search that works for me (can't remember web site)
Start/run msinfo32 (I use W98, not sure how you do this under XP)
tools
internet explorer repair
this also reboots the machine, and it works everytime - hope it helps

homealone 28-11-2004 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike
The site I am going to is my homepage which is a (index.htm) page ....but still coming up just as a cross tried ctrl F5 no luck !

if the images aren't displaying properly, are you sure the path to them is correct in the index.htm file?

- and I have to ask, apologies in advance, but you have uploaded the image files to the webspace, not just the index file?

- or are they relying on links to other sites?