Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Installation Issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   nightmare non install (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33683195)

pace508 30-11-2011 16:56

nightmare non install

i was booked in for broadband and phone to be installed this morning,two guys turned up about 10, stood at the top of my drive for about 10 minutes on the phone,then told me my cable had not been pulled from the box,but they had sorted it out and would be back in a couple of hours,guess what i am still waiting what a shambles, my internet is cancelled from the 1st dec

pace508 17-12-2011 20:41

Re: nightmare non install

still waiting for my broadband to be installed, cannot get a proper answer why it not been fitted yet

The Installer 18-12-2011 15:02

The reason you have not been installed as yet will be as you've already said, no cable has been pulled to the Tee for your property.

The reason for this could well be a construction problem somewhere and getting that resolved could take sometime depending on what the actual problem is.

pace508 18-12-2011 21:01

it would be nice if someone from virgin to explain what is going on,i have tried but get the run around on the phone

guylid 05-01-2012 15:44

With respect, if you think you have had a nightmare install we are taking legal advice as we have had 4 install dates since 23rd November, two cancelled on the day as the installers can't get it hooked up, and two cancelled the day before.

We are loyal Virgin customers, now in KT3, having been with Virgin for at least 7 years. We keep contacting construction who say it is no problem, turn up for 10 minutes, look down a manhole, pull out cable, put it back in and report it is OK. Then installations can't get it connected.

We have had to fork out on Mobile Braodband as we both do some work from home, especially out of hours, and Braodband is critical. They also have our telephone number (which has followed us through 7 years over the past 30 years) but I bet that has gone west now.

To begin with we were patient, but now we are being treated like idiots, having to repeat our story several times a week, being assured it is OK and then the inevitable cancellation. Next date 18th January, but it won't happen unless something changes. Even worse, we have been told we cannot cancel as we are in a year's contract!

Watch this space...

pace508 05-01-2012 17:02

looks like i am in the same boat as you, on saturday this will be my 4th install date, some one as just phoned me to check my address and can the van get near my house,is this usual or is this another excuse in the pipeline

guylid 06-01-2012 11:28

You need to push really hard, as we have been doing. We are told that a team has now been given permission to work in our road this weekend (but we were told this last week, and then the council turned up to do the pavements and they categorically stated it was impossible for anyone to get permission while they were scheduled to work).

The construction teams, we are told, get paid every time they turn out and say a job is completed. We know for a fact that they have done that 4 times with us, only for the work to be checked and for nothing to have been done.

In our area there is real tension between installation and construction as installation only get paid when we are connected, so they say that they turn out continously to find that work is not done by construction.

As a system it stinks, and it would not be so bad had we not checked our address before moving and had been told that Virgin was already there. In fact no one in our part of the street has Virgin as all the cables are still the old Telewest ones (according to installation).

pace508 06-01-2012 14:56

i was told they needed to dig my pavement up on one of there visits,so i was put back to after the new year, surprise surprise between christmas and new year they came and pulled my cable without digging up the pavement,fingers crossed for tomorrow

Digital Fanatic 06-01-2012 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by guylid (Post 35355797)
You need to push really hard, as we have been doing. We are told that a team has now been given permission to work in our road this weekend (but we were told this last week, and then the council turned up to do the pavements and they categorically stated it was impossible for anyone to get permission while they were scheduled to work).

The construction teams, we are told, get paid every time they turn out and say a job is completed. We know for a fact that they have done that 4 times with us, only for the work to be checked and for nothing to have been done.

In our area there is real tension between installation and construction as installation only get paid when we are connected, so they say that they turn out continously to find that work is not done by construction.

As a system it stinks, and it would not be so bad had we not checked our address before moving and had been told that Virgin was already there. In fact no one in our part of the street has Virgin as all the cables are still the old Telewest ones (according to installation).

Telewest cables are Virgin cables too.

pace508 07-01-2012 14:31

finally up and running

richard1960 08-01-2012 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by pace508 (Post 35356623)
finally up and running

Good news at last after all that glad you are sorted.:)

guylid 09-01-2012 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic (Post 35356198)
Telewest cables are Virgin cables too.

Sadly not according to construction who have been 6 times to the site so far and done nothing other than to say there is a blockage.

There are old Telewest cables but we are told they have to be replaced. Whether that is because they have become disconnected or for some other reason I do not know, but they are insistent that the cables there are not the right ones.

guylid 11-01-2012 15:36

Delighted you are up and running.

Sadly nearly 2 months on they have not connected us yet. Construction were meant to send their Area manager down to see us this last weekend and then, when it did not happen, yesterday.

Still no visit added to which our email has now been cut off so we cannot even access that through 3g and the Virgin website.

We want to stay with you guys but you make it so hard!

The Installer 11-01-2012 21:42

If you are having the problems you say, maybe an email sent to the CEO's office might give some people a kick up the backside, and get things sorted for you.

Have a search on this forum, you'll find all the details ;)