Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

denphone 12-09-2014 15:04

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35728418)
I have been attending the doctors recently and now I have got word in that I need to go for a colonoscopy :Yikes: I am dreading it TBH. I know I will be lightly sedated but it is still a daunting thought getting one. I must admit I am not looking forward to the day before either and taking the moviprep, don't think I'll be leaving the house that day LOL

l hope everything goes alright Weenie as yes like any procedure its never going to be totally comfortable but the staff involved are very good at putting the patient at ease so try not to worry too much.

peanut 12-09-2014 15:09

For anyone who's had or going to have a colonoscopy, you should search for 'Billy Connolly colonoscopy'. - Cracks me up every time I watch it.

weenie 12-09-2014 16:26

Thanks for your replies feeling slightly better at the thought of it now.

MalteseFalcon 12-09-2014 16:54

Sorry weenie, hope it is nothing too bad.

My moan is this meal tonight me and my sister are having as a joint birthday thing. I was under the impression it would be Bella Italia, which although the food is lovely portion size for price is not so good value. Now it is a Chinese buffet thing, and looking at their menu online it looks like I will be existing on egg fried rice all evening. Oh well, have to suck it up I suppose.

denphone 12-09-2014 17:06

One of my friends is in hospital with heart pains and it looks like they will be doing a Angiogram tomorrow to find out the extent of the problem.

weenie 12-09-2014 17:16

Sorry to hear that den, hope everything goes okay tomorrow for your friend.

MalteseFalcon 12-09-2014 21:53

Good luck to your friend den.

The Chinese was actually better than I expected, so pleased I went now.

denphone 15-09-2014 17:27

My partner got a parking ticket earlier on a technicality.:(

MalteseFalcon 15-09-2014 21:25

A relative did too, her ticket blew off the dashboard so it wasn't visible. Her appeal is still in a queue. This was issued in July. Hope she can fight it and win den.

denphone 16-09-2014 05:53

A lot of overzealous Parking enforcement officer's don't allow any leeway at all Mark as you can be 1 minute late and they will still put a ticket on you whilst councils up and down the country see it as a very lucrative money spinner picking on the motorist's in this country.

weenie 16-09-2014 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35729207)
A lot of overzealous Parking enforcement officer's don't allow any leeway at all Mark as you can be 1 minute late and they will still put a ticket on you whilst councils up and down the country see it as a very lucrative money spinner picking on the motorist's in this country.

Yes den many traffic wardens seem to be deliberately uncooperative and act in an extremely unhelpful manner.

Drew has broken his brace don't think the Orthodontist is going to be to pleased with him or me, thank goodness I managed to get an appointment for him today. I hope he did not break it on purpose as I know he hates his brace. One day he will be thankful that we took such an interest in his smile. :D

weenie 16-09-2014 16:06

Well back from the Orthodontist minus Drew's brace, Drew has to back in three weeks to get a track brace fitted now let's see if he can break that one.

idiosyncratic 16-09-2014 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35728418)
I have been attending the doctors recently and now I have got word in that I need to go for a colonoscopy :Yikes: I am dreading it TBH. I know I will be lightly sedated but it is still a daunting thought getting one. I must admit I am not looking forward to the day before either and taking the moviprep, don't think I'll be leaving the house that day LOL

I had to have one recently & while not pleasant it wasn't as bad as I thought. I honestly hardly felt the camera being inserted. The worst bit for me was the air they inject through the tube to open up the bowel for a clear view. That felt like a bad case of 'trapped wind', but no worse. I had 'gas & air' rather than a sedative as they let you out quicker.
Good luck & don't worry too much!

weenie 16-09-2014 20:18

Thank you idiosyncratic, I'll try not to till the 10th of October anyway LOL. At least I'm a morning appointment.

nashville 16-09-2014 20:31

Hope you are ok Dill.

Dash: CF noob 17-09-2014 16:57

Three(3). I got my 4g dongle unlocked and managed to use my one plan sim in it for a few days but now they have cottoned on GGRRRRR... LOL.

GrimUpNorth 20-09-2014 21:26

My sister and my borther-in-law.

Cheers

Grim

weenie 20-09-2014 22:29

Having decided on what to get from our local Chinese takeaway we get there only to discover that it was closed :(

denphone 21-09-2014 06:57

l hope you found another takeaway in the end weenie.

weenie 21-09-2014 15:30

Thanks den, hubby & the boy's decided on an Indian takeaway whereas I came home and had roasted cheese instead. So all good in the end.

My moan today is the pile of ironing that I have to do I swear it has doubled from last night and most of it is shirts and trousers which I absolutely hate ironing anyway.

MalteseFalcon 21-09-2014 16:59

Idiots who block the newspapers in a supermarket and look at you like muck when you lose patience after they ignore 3 excuse me pleases and being barged through to get the papers. If you want to read them, BUY ONE FOR CHRIST SAKES.

TheDaddy 22-09-2014 07:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35729207)

If you think it was unfair there's some good info here

Stuart 22-09-2014 16:45

My moan: People who don't move out of the way when you push a large, very heavy object on wheels in their direction.

I had to move a fully loaded laptop trolley to another building today, and actually had to shout "excuse me" at people to get them to move out of my way. The trolley probably weighs more than I do (and I am not a small man) and believe me when I say it hurts if it hits you. I found that out when I was going around a corner and through a door and didn't have quite enough strength to keep it from crushing my hand against the frame (thankfully my hand is OK apart from some scraped off skin and a definite feeling I have a large and painful bruise coming).

The thing that really gets me is when you have a group of them all standing still watching you after you have shouted excuse me.

weenie 22-09-2014 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 35730691)
My moan: People who don't move out of the way when you push a large, very heavy object on wheels in their direction.

I had to move a fully loaded laptop trolley to another building today, and actually had to shout "excuse me" at people to get them to move out of my way. The trolley probably weighs more than I do (and I am not a small man) and believe me when I say it hurts if it hits you. I found that out when I was going around a corner and through a door and didn't have quite enough strength to keep it from crushing my hand against the frame (thankfully my hand is OK apart from some scraped off skin and a definite feeling I have a large and painful bruise coming).

The thing that really gets me is when you have a group of them all standing still watching you after you have shouted excuse me.

Sadly Stuart some people have no manners at all. Sorry to hear you hurt your hand :(

denphone 22-09-2014 17:54

Yes sadly good manners and common courtesy have gone out of the window increasingly in modern society as l discovered getting on and off some trains in London recently although there are some who are helpful.

ThunderPants73 22-09-2014 18:52

I hate it when people in supermarkets just stand and stare at you until you notice and get out of their way. I'd rather someone shout at me (if 'excuse me' is not in their vocab, and it often isn't).

My goodness, I'm snippy today, I must need chocolate as my hormones are not to blame at the mo.

dilli-theclaw 22-09-2014 18:55

Being polite does seem to be dying out doesn't it?

You should have heard some of the abuse I got while I was shopping yesterday for daring to be in people's way as I was looking at the reduced bread section in my chair.

ThunderPants73 22-09-2014 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35730721)

You should have heard some of the abuse I got while I was shopping yesterday for daring to be in people's way as I was looking at the reduced bread section in my chair.

So sad because it's not in the least bit surprising.

TheDaddy 22-09-2014 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35730721)

Afraid to say it was your fault, I mean browsing in the reduced aisle, everyone knows you just pile it in the basket and worry about what's actually in said basket at checkout. They're like vultures circling a carcass when the reduced stuff comes out, I've seen people actually fighting over stuff, I wonder if it clicks when they get home that they've involved themselves in fisticuffs over a 12p bap

weenie 23-09-2014 00:02

The worse time of year is Christmas when you have women fighting over the turkey crowns in the supermarkets. Goodwill to others just goes out the window.

Julian 23-09-2014 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35730752)
The worse time of year is Christmas when you have women fighting over the turkey crowns in the supermarkets. Goodwill to others just goes out the window.

Just wait until someone isn't looking and whip it out of their trolley into yours. ;)

Or if someone has really annoyed you, add things to their trolley. :)

Russ 23-09-2014 12:56

When I worked at Asda some customers who got annoyed at others who deliberately wouldn't get out of the way used to secretly drop pregnancy kits in to their trolley or basket.

Now I'm not saying I think it's a good idea - but I understand ;)

MalteseFalcon 23-09-2014 13:08

Christ, is a bit of turkey REALLY that important to women? I'm getting my shopping delivered this year I think.

My moan is those who mess about with computers needing to reinstall the whole thing again. Yes, me in this case. Tried to remove a partition and totally botched it somehow. The air was several shades of blue. Only got my printer to install and I am back pretty much where I was. Luckily now I keep everything important on the external HD and the smaller stuff on various cloud sites. Phew.

weenie 23-09-2014 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35730798)
Christ, is a bit of turkey REALLY that important to women? I'm getting my shopping delivered this year I think.

Sadly Mark to some it is as I have witnessed this first hand when working on the floor and at the checkouts believe me seeing is believing.

ThunderPants73 23-09-2014 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35730752)

Hehe, it doesn't just go out of the window, it's thrown mercilessly, kicking and screaming.

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian (Post 35730792)
Just wait until someone isn't looking and whip it out of their trolley into yours. ;)

My mate did that once, it was an old frail lady, who got to the till with half a dozen pregnancy testing kits.

Stuart 23-09-2014 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 (Post 35730719)
I hate it when people in supermarkets just stand and stare at you until you notice and get out of their way. I'd rather someone shout at me (if 'excuse me' is not in their vocab, and it often isn't).

My goodness, I'm snippy today, I must need chocolate as my hormones are not to blame at the mo.

I had almost the opposite once. In sainsburys, I was looking at some food. A woman walked right up to me, said "Excuse Me" loudly, then waited for me to move out of the way. She totally ignored the 4 feet of space between me and the shelf behind me.

Russ 24-09-2014 06:28

1 Attachment(s)
And yes kids, this is why running is SO good for you....

denphone 24-09-2014 08:01

l hope that's not your leg and foot Russ.:shocked::Yikes:

Gary L 24-09-2014 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35730916)

You've been picking that scab again. haven't you.

Derek 24-09-2014 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35730916)

How???

Russ 24-09-2014 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 35730938)
How???

Did my usual route this morning but was the first time I'd done it so dark and early and I didn't notice that the council had dug some potholes. I've got a LED light for my running cap but as I know the route so well I stupidly thought I wouldn't need it.

Didn't even know the pothole was there until I was flat on my face. What made it worse was it was so dark I didn't even notice the blood until I got to a lamp post a few hundred yards down the road. That's when I realised it was probably best if I made my way back. My main concern was how I'd get the blood stains out of my sock and Asics....the pain I can deal with later :spin:

GrimUpNorth 24-09-2014 14:18

Had a call on the home phone this morning from a guy asking for Wayne someone or other. Told him he'd got the wrong number so he demanded to know my name etc, but Mrs G's told me I'm not allowed to give my details to strangers so told him to go whistle. He then just lost it, but he was using so many expletives I couldn't help but start laughing. The more I laughed the more crazed he got!!

When he'd put the phone down I thought I'd try and call him back - and low and behold he answered - and off he went again. This time however he's threatening to come round my house with 'his boys' and cut me in to little bits, and that I'm stupid for crossing him.

Now I'm not too worried myself as we've had many calls over the years asking for Wayne, and I know these companies have got an address on the other side of town from us, and he even said we'll be round there later to 'sort me out', and told me the road name. Should I make the guys day and report him (and if so to who)? I doubt very much he would but if they did come and chop Wayne (or whoever lives at the address) in to little bits I'd feel pretty guilty!!

I've got the rest of the day free so I'm so tempted to keep ringing him and see how mad I can get him, or should I just have a snooze on the sofa as I'd planned.

Cheers

Grim

heero_yuy 25-09-2014 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian (Post 35730792)

I keep some uncancelled anti-theft tags in a metal wallet and add one to their shopping...

My moan: Why is west Penwith without any 3G. It's not like there's no people living here or tourists. Only Penzance has 3G. Everywhere else is 2G/GPRS and it's painfully slow even if you can get a stable connection.

weenie 28-09-2014 03:19

Received an email today in French :confused: it was not till I opened it that I realized that it was phishing, as I thought it was from Amazon. I have reported it it to Amazon and forwarded it onto them at their request.
Did a scan, changed password on Amazon just to be on the safe side and will be watching bank, Amazon etc closely for the next couple of weeks for anything unusual.
Just posted this to warn other CF members of these emails. If you receive any suspicious emails from Amazon do not open them forward them to stop-spoofing@amazon.com then delete them please do not do what I did.

I am feeling very foolish for opening that email. :dunce:

joglynne 28-09-2014 12:03

Thanks for the warning weenie. Be vigilant but don't beat yourself up. <<hugs>>

weenie 28-09-2014 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35731568)
Thanks for the warning weenie. Be vigilant but don't beat yourself up. <<hugs>>

:) Thanks

Cobbydaler 29-09-2014 21:30

Michigan weather.

A beautiful 80F today, forecast to be 58F tomorrow... :eek:

weenie 30-09-2014 12:19

Why is it when you are waiting for a date and time, the day's drag in :eh: Roll on Friday ... maybe will hear something then hopefully fingers crossed.

Russ 01-10-2014 20:52

Came home from work just now to find the London Marathon rejection magazine. Here's to next year's application...

weenie 01-10-2014 21:07

Sorry to hear that Russ. Good Luck for next year.

Derek 01-10-2014 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35732391)
Came home from work just now to find the London Marathon rejection magazine. Here's to next year's application...

Same here. If I decide to do another next year it'll be Inverness or Arran.

Russ 01-10-2014 21:45

I'm thinking of doing Manchester, apparently many regard it as the UK's number 2 marathon behind London.

ThunderPants73 02-10-2014 18:36

Snide, bitchy, spiteful people.

I really try to be polite and considerate to everyone, especially the people I work with, but some folks do not know how to be nice. I want to:
A. Understand them
B. Pity them

Or

C. Gut them with a rusty spoon.

joglynne 02-10-2014 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 (Post 35732530)
Snide, bitchy, spiteful people.

I really try to be polite and considerate to everyone, especially the people I work with, but some folks do not know how to be nice. I want to:
A. Understand them
B. Pity them

Or

C. Gut them with a rusty spoon.

My vote would be option C but I would have added a fourth option ...

D. Be nice to them and give them a beaming smile. It can be a very effective way to make them take a step back if they think you may just be deranged. :D

ThunderPants73 02-10-2014 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35732532)
My vote would be option C but I would have added a fourth option ...

D. Be nice to them and give them a beaming smile. It can be a very effective way to make them take a step back if they think you may just be deranged. :D

:LOL:

Deranged. Love it. Gonna try it. x

weenie 02-10-2014 18:59

It’s truly sad that some people choose to be this way, but unfortunately they are many Snide, bitchy, spiteful people around. Like your way of thinking joglynne and be nice to them and give them a beaming smile.

joglynne 02-10-2014 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 (Post 35732534)
:LOL:

Deranged. Love it. Gonna try it. x

Once had the office nasty person turn on me and splutter "stop being so dammed nice" everyone in the office howled with laughter and I gained a few kudos points as no one else had ever been able to make Ms Nasty loose her annoying condescending supercilious manner. :)

weenie 02-10-2014 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35732537)
Once had the office nasty person turn on me and splutter "stop being so dammed nice" everyone in the office howled with laughter and I gained a few kudos points as no one else had ever been able to make Ms Nasty loose her annoying condescending supercilious manner. :)

Brilliant :)

Stuart 02-10-2014 20:45

Bad script writing.. I'm just watching an episode of Star Trek, and McCoy, despite apparently being Starfleet's best doctor, and having access to medical equipment 300 years more advanced than ours apparently didn't notice that the body he was examining and couldn't find the cause of death for, had a complete lack of Sodium.

papa smurf 02-10-2014 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 35732566)
Bad script writing.. I'm just watching an episode of Star Trek, and McCoy, despite apparently being Starfleet's best doctor, and having access to medical equipment 300 years more advanced than ours apparently didn't notice that the body he was examining and couldn't find the cause of death for, had a complete lack of Sodium.

dam it jim he's a doctor not a chef;)

Stuart 02-10-2014 22:25

Lol

thenry 03-10-2014 12:41

Postman hasn't turned up... yet!

nothing new tbh > http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/22...l#post35677749

denphone 03-10-2014 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35732703)
Postman hasn't turned up... yet!

nothing new tbh > http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/22...l#post35677749

What else can you expect when shareholders and profit's are put before a decent daily postal service.

Hugh 03-10-2014 12:59

People who can't tell a budget from a budgie.....

We have so much to spend, agreed amounts on hardware, software, staff costs, consultancy, with some contingency - it's not really helpful coming back to me having overspent on hardware (without discussion or agreement) and expect the magic money tree to be in bloom.......

Qtx 03-10-2014 13:18

The pain in my wooden leg. Takes me an hour longer every year to deliver all the letters on my round ...

Uncle Peter 03-10-2014 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35732710)
People who can't tell a budget from a budgie.....

We have so much to spend, agreed amounts on hardware, software, staff costs, consultancy, with some contingency - it's not really helpful coming back to me having overspent on hardware (without discussion or agreement) and expect the magic money tree to be in bloom.......

Beat em with the exec level approval for all spend stick, now with added red tape.

That usually does the trick

Hugh 03-10-2014 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Peter (Post 35732714)
Beat em with the exec level approval for all spend stick, now with added red tape.

That usually does the trick

Cos' I love spending all day every day approving PO's. ;) (our IT spend is £27 million a year....)

We try to give people responsibility and latitude, and then someone has to behave sub-optimally....

thenry 03-10-2014 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35732708)
What else can you expect when shareholders and profit's are put before a decent daily postal service.

RM wasn't taken over 10 odd years ago Den.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qtx (Post 35732713)
The pain in my wooden leg. Takes me an hour longer every year to deliver all the letters on my round ...

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2014/10/11.gif not funny

---------- Post added at 13:49 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35732718)
Cos' I love spending all day every day approving PO's. ;) (our IT spend is £27 million a year....)

We try to give people responsibility and latitude, and then someone has to behave sub-optimally....

I'm efficient :)

dilli-theclaw 03-10-2014 14:07

I have far too many moans and hates to list specifically so I'll just say - grr ;)

Uncle Peter 03-10-2014 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35732718)

Heh I spent most of yesterday doing the paperwork to justify £90K of capex on network equipment... and that's even with it being re-billed to one of our customers with a tasty margin.

Woe betide you if you drop your mobile phone or have an accident with your laptop ;)

denphone 03-10-2014 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35732720)
RM wasn't taken over 10 odd years ago Den.

That is very true but year by year the service has got worse and now all we will have is a third rate service since privatisation as both Labour and the Conservatives increasingly ran it into the ground during those last 10 years.

thenry 04-10-2014 12:25

Another day of no post! I'm getting really pee'd off of this.

rhyds 04-10-2014 12:39

As a rule our local postal service is good. The problem I keep having is that my address is:

Mr R W Davies
Rhyds Towers
North Wales Village
XX11 1XY

The problem there is that there's another person down the road with the address:

Mr R W Jones
Rhyds Towers
Station Road
North Wales Village
XX11 1XW

and I regularly receive their post, and as I live alone I naturally open any envelope stuffed through the door without checking (when you see a water bill posted through the door you don't tend to check the address as a matter of course), so I end up having to sheepishly stuff the now opened letter through their letterbox.

At least they're not that far away. My parents' post keeps getting mixed up with another address 7 miles from where they are!

thenry 04-10-2014 13:24

I think we have a new postman. He just appeared looking lost then disappeared. It seemed like he was looking for an address all the while having a big stack of post in his arms.

weenie 04-10-2014 13:30

I've posted on this subject before but it really winds me up dog poo in a swing park where children are playing, took Drew and his two friends to a local country where it has a coffee shop, nature trails and of course a swing park. The swing park had dog poo in it and I thought how selfish of the dog owners to let their dogs not alone into the sealed off play area but also let them mess in it where children are more than likely to stand in it. I am a dog owner and when my dog poop's in the street for example I pick it up with a scented bag and dispose of it in a dog litter bin. Really winds me up people who don't pick up their dog poops anyway but even more so when in a swing park where children are playing. :mad:

thenry 04-10-2014 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35732866)
I think we have a new postman. He just appeared looking lost then disappeared. It seemed like he was looking for an address all the while having a big stack of post in his arms.

:mad: the postmans shift ended so he pee'd off home so yet another days worth of post not delivered. Homes across the road did get post before his shift ended.

TheDaddy 05-10-2014 07:15

You expecting something important thenry?

We used to have a foreign postman that couldn't read English, we used to go out with the rest of the street swooping letters, you'd have thought the only requirements to be a postman would be the abilities to walk and read but clearly not.

denphone 05-10-2014 07:50

Sadly one of my family gave me a bad cold and sore throat.:nono:

thenry 05-10-2014 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35732954)
You expecting something important thenry?

We used to have a foreign postman that couldn't read English, we used to go out with the rest of the street swooping letters, you'd have thought the only requirements to be a postman would be the abilities to walk and read but clearly not.

Not really. Just a little excited to receive stuff I have ordered :D

rhyds 05-10-2014 16:40

I've called up my local sorting office in the past, might be an idea for you to give them a shout if your expecting something specific

heero_yuy 05-10-2014 17:32

People who collect their dog poo in a bag, tie it up with a knot and then dump the bag on the footpath. What's that all about?

MalteseFalcon 05-10-2014 17:38

Laziness. I have to go to a hospital appointment tomorrow morning in pouring rain. Time to dig my coat out, get rid of the smell of mothballs lol.

weenie 05-10-2014 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35733080)
People who collect their dog poo in a bag, tie it up with a knot and then dump the bag on the footpath. What's that all about?

Half - hearted effort otherwise known as laziness.

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35733083)
Laziness. I have to go to a hospital appointment tomorrow morning in pouring rain. Time to dig my coat out, get rid of the smell of mothballs lol.

Good luck at hospital tomorrow Mark, I'm at hospital on Friday then hopefully will be able to get back to work if the doctor declares me fit for for work after test results (fingers crossed) as I need the money my sick pay is rubbish tbh.

thenry 05-10-2014 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhyds (Post 35733059)
I've called up my local sorting office in the past, might be an idea for you to give them a shout if your expecting something specific

I did call Crawley RM... amusing stuff when explaining postman pat is lost.

Taf 05-10-2014 18:49

OK, so the Cardiff half marathon was probably enjoyed by quite a few people, but when they said the roads would be open again at 1pm, why were they still closed at 3:30pm causing traffic chaos?

thenry 05-10-2014 18:52

Russ was still running.

Russ 05-10-2014 19:35

Finished in 2 hours :)

Jimmy-J 05-10-2014 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35732867)
I've posted on this subject before but it really winds me up dog poo in a swing park where children are playing, took Drew and his two friends to a local country where it has a coffee shop, nature trails and of course a swing park. The swing park had dog poo in it and I thought how selfish of the dog owners to let their dogs not alone into the sealed off play area but also let them mess in it where children are more than likely to stand in it. I am a dog owner and when my dog poop's in the street for example I pick it up with a scented bag and dispose of it in a dog litter bin. Really winds me up people who don't pick up their dog poops anyway but even more so when in a swing park where children are playing. :mad:

It could have been one of the kids. :D

weenie 05-10-2014 23:56

Now There's a Thought! :Yikes:

Russ 06-10-2014 06:17

Everything hurts.

papa smurf 06-10-2014 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35733178)
Everything hurts.

hold on to that thought- that's what being old feels like all the time :)

weenie 06-10-2014 20:35

Not looking forward to tomorrow afternoon at all, as I am taking my wee one to the Orthodontist where he has to get impressions done along with x-rays as he needs to have a bar fitted (whatever that is) for his track brace but his Dad can take him for that appointment me thinks :D

MalteseFalcon 06-10-2014 22:36

Updates for Windows. Why do I always manage to mess up the laptop? This is the third time I have done the upgrade to 8.1 and this is the third time it has mucked the laptop up. Thankfully, I have found a way to disable the message prompting me to upgrade so hopefully it will work. Never upgrading to 8.1 again. NEVER!

MalteseFalcon 07-10-2014 23:48

Not really a moan, more a lament of where I was this time last year. This time last year, I had done 3 shifts of my work experience which turned into the biggest waste of my life. I met some nice people there, but unfortunately the manager turned out to be someone who tells people what they want to hear but screws them over.

All in all I am pleased I do not work there permanently now. I see someone I used to work with occasionally, and she tells me that morale is really low there. Hopefully this job interview next week with an agency will see me get some work in the run up to Christmas. Temp work for 3 months is not to be sneezed at really.

Stuart 08-10-2014 13:46

The download servers for Unreal Engine 4.

We have an educational subscription at work and I'm just trying to make an install we can copy to multiple machines. They give you a link to a nice, small MSI you can download and (in theory) distribute easily. The MSI installs a launch menu which you use to sign in to their service (fair enough). You also have to use this to download and install the actual engine.

The trouble is, this is a 3 gig download and is currently downloading my machine (which has a connection to the internet that is fast enough that it only takes a couple of minutes to download multi gigabyte files from various sites (e.g. Apple and Microsoft). The site the Unreal Engine launcher downloads from is currently averaging around 20kBPs, and occasionally jumping to anywhere between 0BPs and 1.2MBPs So, about 2 hours after I started the download, it had got to around 10%. Then, to answer a question, I needed to reboot my mac into OSX. No problem, I thought, I'll just resume the download. No such luck. Either the software, or the server, does not support resuming.

Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if I've been magically transported back the 90s, what with the dial up speed and non resuming downloads.

dilli-theclaw 08-10-2014 16:45

Local council - or the post.....

Still waiting for my new blue badge (Which expires tomorrow).

I've both phoned and emailed them and they tell me it'll arrive in time for it's expiry.

HHHmmm.

weenie 08-10-2014 17:17

Hope it arrives tomorrow for you dilli, fingers crossed it does. I think it is quite shocking to be honest with you that they do not send it out 7-10 days before the expiry date as I would imagine it must cause a certain amount of worrying not to have it.

dilli-theclaw 08-10-2014 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35733796)
Hope it arrives tomorrow for you dilli, fingers crossed it does. I think it is quite shocking to be honest with you that they do not send it out 7-10 days before the expiry date as I would imagine it must cause a certain amount of worrying not to have it.

Luckily I'm not due out anywhere 'till the weekend.

They are supposed to let me know when it's done to collect the payment (£10) and then send it to me in time so I don't know what's going on.

But I'll have to see what happens tomorrow.

weenie 08-10-2014 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35733797)
Luckily I'm not due out anywhere 'till the weekend.

They are supposed to let me know when it's done to collect the payment (£10) and then send it to me in time so I don't know what's going on.

But I'll have to see what happens tomorrow.

Hopefully you will be posting on the Happy thought thread "Hooray Blue Badge is here" :)

weenie 09-10-2014 11:45

Well I'm getting really nervous at the moment about tomorrow and the thought of the Colonoscopy, and tbh not looking forward to 5pm and 8pm tonight at all when I have to take the Moviprep.
Also I'm getting quite hungry now although I suspect it's because I know I can't eat what I would like therefore more in the mind rather than true hunger.