Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   General : I Miss House! :( (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33688046)

adzzzbatch 03-06-2012 00:08

I Miss House! :(

As title says... :(

I surely can't be the only one!?

carlwaring 03-06-2012 08:27

Re: I Miss House! :(

He's only been gone a couple of weeks! Get a grip man :p:

It did get a bit repetitive towards the end though :)

v0id 03-06-2012 17:01

What do you mean "near the end"? :/

Every week was the same for 8 years.
Mystery illness, everyone has a guess, then House has an epiphany and cures it

dilli-theclaw 03-06-2012 17:37

Still never seen it - may watch it now that it has an ending.

Osem 03-06-2012 18:38

I don't miss the fake American accent...

carlwaring 03-06-2012 19:38

Well, as it was good enough to fool most Americans it can't have been that bad :D

Maggy 03-06-2012 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35436549)
I don't miss the fake American accent...

Considering he got 6 Emmy nominations,2 Screen Actors Guild Awards and two Golden Globes so I assume that America didn't find it fake.

Osem 03-06-2012 19:47

Well of course not and they're entitled to their opinion just like me. I'm sure his accent wasn't the overriding factor in all those awards and I didn't say it was bad, just fake. ;) The US is full of British actors who frequently have to fake US accents to get work. Anyway I doubt many Americans have ever seen too much of Hugh Lawrie in his many British shows - had they done so I'm sure his US 'accent' might have seemed not quite so pukker. Of course it's equally possible they might have thought his British accent wasn't very good. ;)

Damien 03-06-2012 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35436568)
Well of course not and they're entitled to their opinion just like me. ;) The US is full of British actors who frequently have to fake US accents to get work. Anyway I doubt many of them have ever seen too much of Hugh Lawrie in his British shows - had they done so I'm sure his 'accent' might have seemed not quite so pukker. ;)

But they would have easily picked up if the American accent was wrong or not. We're not best placed to judge precisely because we know what he normally speaks like. Those that didn't know him assumed he was American.

Osem 03-06-2012 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35436569)
But they would have easily picked up if the American accent was wrong or not. We're not best placed to judge precisely because we know what he normally speaks like. Those that didn't know him assumed he was American.

As we all know, the US is full of accents - just like here only bigger and more diverse. I didn't say it was 'wrong' or 'bad' I said it was fake which it clearly is since he's not American, has an English accent in his normal life and only adopted the US twang to get the job. My comment is my opinion on what I didn't like about the show/his character, not a criticism of him BTW - he's a very talented man. If 99.9% of Americans disagree with me, that's fine, I was merely voicing MY opinion about his accent in this show, not theirs.

Peter_ 03-06-2012 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlwaring (Post 35436262)
It did get a bit repetitive towards the end

of series One, no idea how it managed so many series with basically the same scenario every single show.

v0id 03-06-2012 23:47

The first half of season 4 was the best, where he was looking for a new team, and the asylum episodes of Season 6

adzzzbatch 04-06-2012 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by v0id (Post 35436642)
The first half of season 4 was the best, where he was looking for a new team, and the asylum episodes of Season 6

The main stand out ones for me were: Euphoria: Part 1 and 2, House's head, Wilson's Heart, Out of the chute.

Kymmy 04-06-2012 17:10

Just watched the last one today and the ending was guessed as soon as the place exploded..

One thing I didn;t realise is that the nurse (played by Bobbin Bergstrom) who was in most of the shows (130+) was actually their technical/medical expert for the show (she's done lots of others as well)..

devilincarnate 04-06-2012 17:36

I miss House:(

Think I should move back in:D