Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   U.S President: Donald Trump (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704412)

1andrew1 12-02-2017 14:27

Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35885358)
I wouldn't see it because I don't, nor would I ever, watch BBC News, too liberal.

Are you more of a Sputnik, Fox News and RT kind of viewer?

passingbat 12-02-2017 14:58

And one more question. Why aren't peaceful Muslims massively protesting against ISIS? ISIS is affecting peaceful Muslims' lives dramatically in real ways.

Mick 12-02-2017 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35885362)
Are you more of a Sputnik, Fox News and RT kind of viewer?

No.

figgyburn 12-02-2017 17:43

You know this matter of "fake news" really depresses me.All the major news agencies have really had their biases blown wide open for all to see with brexit/trump.I know that certain news outlets had left/right leaning tendencies but i still thought that they would give the "other sides"point of view a fair airing and try to be as neutral as was possible without seeming unduly biased.Now i do not trust any of them including the BBC,CNN etc.As for crappy twitter,facebook,(anti)social media they are at front of the false news vanguard.End of days for impartial news.

Hugh 12-02-2017 18:25

But there's a huge difference between bias/spin and completely making stuff up...

To conflate them all together is very disappointing, and what they want you to do - not trust anything, and only believe that which confirms pre-conceptions...

Pierre 12-02-2017 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramrod (Post 35884763)
The always excellent Rod Liddle writing in the Spectator: Shock horror! Many Europeans agree with Trump on Muslim immigration

It is a worry that I haven't seen this reported on any news outlet at all whatsoever.

Then people are surprised when the right wing start winning elections all over the shop. Because politicians and the media are not identifying with the populations concerns.

passingbat 12-02-2017 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 35885420)
It is a worry that I haven't seen this reported on any news outlet at all whatsoever.

I am not surprised at all.

Have you seen any UK news outlet reporting on the link between Mexican drug cartels and ISIS? Don't hold your breath for it to happen.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/52117...#sp=show-clips

figgyburn 12-02-2017 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35885417)
But there's a huge difference between bias/spin and completely making stuff up...

To conflate them all together is very disappointing, and what they want you to do - not trust anything, and only believe that which confirms pre-conceptions...

I am i think politically savvy enough to weed through the bias bull that both sides peddle but,to people and there are a lot of them, in fact I would say the majority, of people who have no interest in politics, believe what the major news networks tell them and don't question the validity or truthfullness of what they are being told.

TheDaddy 12-02-2017 21:20

Quote:

There's a big difference between fake news and satire as well, you know private eye is classed as fake news by some outlets. Mmm perhaps organs is more apt than outlets actually.

1andrew1 12-02-2017 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 35885420)

Then people are surprised when the right wing start winning elections all over the shop. Because politicians and the media are not identifying with the populations concerns.

Mick's posted a link on this thread twice - it was in The Independent and other publications.

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

Quote:

Fake news protagonists want the undecideds to take the view that all sources are as bad as each other. They know that they won't win over the opposition but that's not their objective.

passingbat 12-02-2017 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35885441)
Mick's posted a link on this thread twice - it was in The Independent and other publications.

Any sign of it on TV news? The BBC were reporting the ban protesters pretty much non stop at one point. Surely it would be relevant to point out that there was significant European support for the ban.

But of course that would have gone against the BBC's anti Trump agenda. Throughout the Trump coverage, they have focused on the man himself and not his proposed policies or taken the time to analyse those policies and why they have the support of so many Americans.

1andrew1 12-02-2017 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35885445)
Any sign of it on TV news? The BBC were reporting the ban protesters pretty much non stop at one point. Surely it would be relevant to point out that there was significant European support for the ban.

But of course that would have gone against the BBC's anti Trump agenda. Throughout the Trump coverage, they have focused on the man himself and not his proposed policies or taken the time to analyse those policies and why they have the support of so many Americans.

I recommend you invest a little time in research as Mick has done and you'll find it reported. I don't have the spare time to do this for you I'm afraid.

Maggy 12-02-2017 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35885440)
There's a big difference between fake news and satire as well, you know private eye is classed as fake news by some outlets. Mmm perhaps organs is more apt than outlets actually.

Private Eye does far more RIGEROUS research than than the DF or the Sun and therefore those outlets need to do some more research if they consider PE as fake.:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 23:35 ----------

Quote:

:tu:

pip08456 13-02-2017 01:13

Sean Spicer (Melissa McCarthy) Press Conference Cold Open - SNL:D:D:D

passingbat 13-02-2017 02:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35885447)
I recommend you invest a little time in research as Mick has done and you'll find it reported. I don't have the spare time to do this for you I'm afraid.

It was pretty much a rhetorical question, but thank you for your response.

I have done my research, and I know the reasons why Trump was elected President. I just think it's a shame that the BBC did not explore and present these reasons and ignored statistics such as those we're discussing that there is support across Europe for such a ban.

Why in the main news coverage was their focus on the protesters, but failed to point out that the seven countries were identified by the Obama administration as needing more travel restrictions. And that the reason was lack of sufficient documented information from those particular countries. There was constant inference that it was a Muslim ban, when far, far more Muslim countries were not affected by the ban.

That is skewed reporting and the BBC should be ashamed of itself.