Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Best Retention Service...ever (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33686752)

Edinburghboy 02-04-2012 22:34

Best Retention Service...ever

I rang retention today (02/04/12) to complain about the service I received from the faults department. Spoke to a lady called Rabina. Just want to say, in the four years I have been a customer, she was the best person I have ever spoken to at Virgin. She was extremely professional in her job. She spoke calmly, listened to what I had to say explained it all to me, but more importantly, calmed me down. Her voice never raised at all during our 20 minute conversation. She should be a Supervisor.

If you ever need to speak to retention, then ask for Rabina. Virgin should be proud to have an employer like her

carlwaring 02-04-2012 22:47

Re: Best Retention Service...ever

I have to say that I have always had good service from anyone in 'retentions'. I always call them and not general CS. For one thing I can actually understand what they're saying :D

apb27 06-04-2012 19:44

"she calmed me down"

lol

most people in retentions are pretty good i've found

g0mit 06-04-2012 20:18

I have found them very helpfull

MalteseFalcon 06-04-2012 22:57

By and large the few times I have had need to call Customer Services they have been a credit to Virgin. The only thing I do have an issue with is the sourcing out to India for the call centre jobs. Not because I am against them having jobs, but some of the people have such thick accents that it takes a few attempts to understand each other but they are patient whilst I understand their point.

SKY CS on the other hand, they cut you off after answering the phone call; don't listen to anything you say just stick to a checklist. And then only do something when you threaten to take the complaint higher up or to someone like Watchdog!

mullerman 09-04-2012 14:20

Yes retentions are pretty good but not perfect.They originally told me the package i wanted was for new customers only (not for loyal customers who have been with them from the beginning - jones cable i believe it was then called)

m419 18-04-2012 12:04

From what i've noticed with anyone I speak to at Virgin Media in the UK not india, they always try to sell me something like I called the investigations team to change my phone number and then offered to increase my broadband speed to 60mb for an extra £1.50 per month subject to a new 12 month contract. Another time I rang to remove a calling feature, they tried to sell me XL phone (Talk unlimited) from Talk Weekends for an extra £6, not been funny but isn't the same calling plan with free calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers just £4.95 on BT and £5 on Sky?

Itshim 18-04-2012 13:20

Have to say never had any problems with any part of customer services. In fact overall very happy with services offered by Virgin. TiVo is another story !