Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sony Games Systems (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Playstation Store UK (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33629260)

STONEISLAND 29-02-2008 20:02

The Playstation Store UK

Haven't posted for a while but theres something I really need to rant about!!
:rant:
The Playstation Store UK. Why do we the UK PS3 users as well as customers of SONY get such a krap deal when it comes to the The Playstation Store.

Why do we not have,

High Velocity Bowling
PAIN
Super Puzzle Fighter

And Many more.

I really do feel I'm getting riped!! Super Puzzle Fighters been out since November in the US!!!!!! :afire:

Is this fair? and Why????!!!!!

I do also have a USA account set it (not that I should have to) just so I can get some demos which again we the UK get bumped on. But I will not buy from the USA store as I think its a bit tricky to.

:mad:

What do you think?

Dont SONY want my Busines?

Tali 01-03-2008 01:03

Re: The Playstation Store UK

How did you get around the address thing? It asks for a valid zip code. I would love to know how you did that so I can too :)

Tezcatlipoca 01-03-2008 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by STONEISLAND (Post 34498185)
Haven't posted for a while but theres something I really need to rant about!!
The Playstation Store UK. Why do we the UK PS3 users as well as customers of SONY get such a krap deal when it comes to the The Playstation Store.

Why do we not have,

High Velocity Bowling
PAIN
Super Puzzle Fighter

And Many more.

I really do feel I'm getting riped!! Super Puzzle Fighters been out since November in the US!!!!!! :afire:

Is this fair? and Why????!!!!!

I do also have a USA account set it (not that I should have to) just so I can get some demos which again we the UK get bumped on. But I will not buy from the USA store as I think its a bit tricky to.

What do you think?

Dont SONY want my Busines?

I think it must simply be that Sony hate Europe. I think they're actually worse than Nintendo.

Either that, or they're really really stupid, & for some reason don't mind treating their user base in Europe like crap.

See here for more evidence of them not giving a stuff about Europe:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/18...undle-ps2.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tali (Post 34498313)
How did you get around the address thing? It asks for a valid zip code. I would love to know how you did that so I can too :)

Well, you could just search the net for the US address of somewhere.

Or even give Beverly Hills 90210 a try, lol.

dev 01-03-2008 03:00

kinda standard for any console, all consoles past, present and probably future will favour the japan market first then the US then europe and then finally australia

STONEISLAND 01-03-2008 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tali (Post 34498313)

Just google a hotel in USA and use that address dead easy.

I have a good mine to email watchdog to address this we are getting riped and it seems very unfair!!

icestar2 01-03-2008 10:27

I have also setup an american and japan account just to get the demos and videos. Just simply type in the address of a Hotel in the country like Stoneisland said.

As for the Euro PSN well they have said they are going to try do better this year. I know some of the updates have been poor and we have been shafted with some of the releases but this happens with most things. Europe just gets neglected.

Tali 02-03-2008 22:34

Set up a US account. Wow! There's loads more stuff on there. Japan here I come!

Tod 04-03-2008 10:53

Our biggest problem is we are in Europe, so everything we get needs to be translated into half a dozen other languages, and has to pass through each countries rules and regulations.

D_Skids 04-03-2008 15:22

I work in a company that deals with all of Europe and pushes software out to them.

We have to go through translations and rules and regulations but our time frame is measured in weeks not months!

I guarantee that when, for instance, Pain comes out we will be charged £10 compared to $10 dollars too. (If that is how much it is in the US)

More money for Sonys pocket!

STONEISLAND 05-03-2008 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by D_Skids (Post 34500055)
I work in a company that deals with all of Europe and pushes software out to them.

We have to go through translations and rules and regulations but our time frame is measured in weeks not months!

I guarantee that when, for instance, Pain comes out we will be charged £10 compared to $10 dollars too. (If that is how much it is in the US)

More money for Sonys pocket!

It would be if it was out.

I also feel that the language thing is just an excuse. It never takes that long translating full game let alone a demo!!

shawty 05-03-2008 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by STONEISLAND (Post 34500572)
It would be if it was out.

I also feel that the language thing is just an excuse. It never takes that long translating full game let alone a demo!!

Lets look at it another way.

Do you think the people at Sony are sat there laughing at the Europeans because they are all moaning about the PS store.

There has got to be a GOOD reason on why it is delayed/not released yet.

D_Skids 05-03-2008 18:56

If there is a GOOD reason, why don't they explain it to us?

I can't think of any good reason they can come up for explaining such a long delay. The game is already written so there are no development issues.

Is it right that there are already downloadable add-ons for it in the US.

If so, why are they not concentrating on out getting it out here rather than writing more stuff for it!

icestar2 05-03-2008 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawty (Post 34500802)
Lets look at it another way.

Do you think the people at Sony are sat there laughing at the Europeans because they are all moaning about the PS store.

There has got to be a GOOD reason on why it is delayed/not released yet.

Europe does have the language thing to sort out and this does add time, However why not release the games to UK same time as America ? We usually get the same voice overs anyway and the language is the same.

Alomst Every game on the american PSN (Excluding PS1) works on our Console so why make us wait is a fair question. Sony choose not to answer it and thats why people keep asking. All we get is "we're going to try better this year".

I dont think any1 is saying Sony are sitting there laughing but neglecting part of there user base yes they are.

STONEISLAND 06-03-2008 19:18

After another lame update of,
Theme: Graffitti Trailers: Wipeout HD, Drakes Fortune: Trailer Blu Ray Trailers: The Pursuit Of Happyness, Reign Over Me, Perfect Stranger Add-Ons: Guitar Hero III: Legends - No Doubt - Track Pack. Don't Speak, Excuse Me Mr & Sunday Morning - Flow Expansion Pack. Australia and New Zealand only music track: Krill - Shake It Up Ma

I have found an intresting qoute
Quote:

"Sony’s chief executive Howard Stringer has promised a flood of new games to boost PlayStation 3 sales. Speaking at Sony’s shareholder conference, Stringer said 380 new games will debut this fiscal year which will end in March 2008. 180 of those games will be Internet delivered, while the rest will be sold through game stores."
(june 2007)
http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/32563/98/

We were told by sony that we would get 180 PSN games by March 2008. That's one of the reasons some of us gave £400 to Sony.

D_Skids 07-03-2008 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by STONEISLAND (Post 34501731)

We were told by sony that we would get 180 PSN games by March 2008. That's one of the reasons some of us gave £400 to Sony.

They better pull their fingers out then!