Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo : Records despite THREE thumbs DOWN ? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704669)

glennigogs 27-03-2017 20:45

Records despite THREE thumbs DOWN ?

Hello peeps :-)

Quick question for you-

How in the lords name do I stop TIVO recording Coronation Street despite:
1. Not ever recording any other soaps....EVER
2. Giving it 3 thumbs down

It has happened for this and many other programs we have given "thumbs down" before, and it gets inconvenient as we only have a 3-core machine.:mad::dozey:

Thanks in anticipation, lol X

Mr K 27-03-2017 21:27

Re: Records despite THREE thumbs DOWN ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by glennigogs (Post 35891977)
Hello peeps :-)

Quick question for you-

How in the lords name do I stop TIVO recording Coronation Street despite:
1. Not ever recording any other soaps....EVER
2. Giving it 3 thumbs down

It has happened for this and many other programs we have given "thumbs down" before, and it gets inconvenient as we only have a 3-core machine.:mad::dozey:

Thanks in anticipation, lol X

Unplug it. Never fails.

glennigogs 27-03-2017 21:32

Not sure a reset would work? Its been turned off on many occasions, and that is something that is a constant. Thanks anyhow :-)

Mr K 27-03-2017 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by glennigogs (Post 35891988)
Not sure a reset would work? Its been turned off on many occasions, and that is something that is a constant. Thanks anyhow :-)

No, I meant unplug it and leave it unplugged ;)

Alternatively you can reset 'thumbs' in options, this can speed up the box too. Or stop it recording all suggestions. I did the latter after it thought I'd love hours of Welsh regional news ( I'm not in Wales...).

glennigogs 27-03-2017 21:56

Ha, ha ! :-):)
I will try that then, if the stop recording suggestions doesnt work - that make sense :-);)
Welsh news: how obscure!:dozey:
XG

spiderplant 27-03-2017 22:01

Maybe you have accidentally set up a WishList or Series Link that is recording it. Have a look in My Shows & Recordings -> My Planned Recordings, and Manage Series Link+

OLD BOY 28-03-2017 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by glennigogs (Post 35891994)
Ha, ha ! :-):)
I will try that then, if the stop recording suggestions doesnt work - that make sense :-);)
Welsh news: how obscure!:dozey:
XG

Don't let it annoy you. Think of 'Suggestions' as a better method than channel hopping. At least if you stumble on a programme you like, you'll be able to see it all the way through, and skip the commercial breaks!

I believe the reason the thumbs are not having an effect is because VM disabled them a while back. If I remember correctly, that was done to speed up the old Tivos (someone will correct me if I've got that wrong!).

Suggestions don't prevent you from recording, contrary to popular belief, so all you have to do is ignore them if you are not interested.

Look at it this way. I'm sure that there is plenty of material in 'on demand' that you wouldn't watch, but you don't let the fact that it's there get to you!

spiderplant 28-03-2017 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35892018)
I believe the reason the thumbs are not having an effect is because VM disabled them a while back. If I remember correctly, that was done to speed up the old Tivos (someone will correct me if I've got that wrong!)

Allow me ;). Some customers were advised to delete their thumb ratings to speed up their boxes, but VM have not disabled them. If you haven't deleted them they operate as usual.

I suspect glennigogs' recordings aren't Suggestions anyway. But if they are, just ignore them, glennigogs. Suggestions will never stop your planned recordings from happening.

tweetiepooh 28-03-2017 09:46

Your wishlist could be to blame. I have a wish list for a sporting event that keeps recording an episode of a drama that features that sport.