Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   One of a thousand (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33674585)

zeozhane 05-02-2011 17:22

Re: One of a thousand

But what if you have afairly common name i.e. John Doe and get the personal message.

Does the network pick up that you are the correct 'John Doe' when using your home broadband or will you have to wait until a remote arrives?

Cozzy 05-02-2011 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeozhane (Post 35167822)
But what if you have afairly common name i.e. John Doe and get the personal message.

Does the network pick up that you are the correct 'John Doe' when using your home broadband or will you have to wait until a remote arrives?

you get a letter containing a personalised code that has to be entered on the site .. only the real John Doe would have this code ... i believe :dozey:

zeozhane 05-02-2011 17:25

aww well

Will just have to wait and see then.

tweedie 05-02-2011 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by cozzy (Post 35167818)
so from 1000 vip50 customers (what we thought) ... It now appears its 1000 random customers of which some didnt even pre register ???? Well vm you are the weakest link ... What a shambolic mess if its all true

needs confirming of course ... But ... Tut tut vm

1000 vip

devilincarnate 05-02-2011 17:30

I have emailed the CEOS office so I am waiting for a reply in regards to this ( will post when i get one )

Dunt 05-02-2011 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cozzy (Post 35167824)
you get a letter containing a personalised code that has to be entered on the site .. only the real John Doe would have this code ... i believe :dozey:

This is correct. You receive a code to be input and you can then confirm you would like to have a free box. Now have to wait for a call back to arrange installation.

tweedie 05-02-2011 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilincarnate (Post 35167831)
I have emailed the CEOS office so I am waiting for a reply in regards to this ( will post when i get one )

That's what I did, see page 5

Andy C 05-02-2011 17:51

Where do you find all the email addresses?

Cozzy 05-02-2011 17:52

i can see a class action lawsuit on the horizon if 1000 peeps get it free and the other 19000 pre regiistered have to pay .. lol .. certainly unfair and more so if its peeps who didnt even register an interest and are not on VIP50 like Dunt ( not doubting you Dunt but many silly people do troll false info to cause trouble )

Hugh 05-02-2011 18:02

erm, no - easily justified as a marketing campaign, with customers chosen at random from the appropriate pool; it's done all the time.

We aren't in the USA - we don't have class actions in the UK.

Dunt 05-02-2011 18:09

I wouldn't dream of it. Don't get me wrong I am a VIP customer of 4 years but I've not got the 50meg BB only the 20meg. Also genuinely not heard of TiVo until this morning so definitely didn't register for it.

I'm guessing that high paying customers were put into a raffle and 1000 lucky winners are going to get it for free. At the end of the day they are not going to give it away to a lower package holders as it is an expensive product.

Not fair to everyone I agree but we are probably going to be beta testers to iron out any early bugs.

Cozzy 05-02-2011 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35167856)
erm, no - easily justified as a marketing campaign, with customers chosen at random from the appropriate pool; it's done all the time.

We aren't in the USA - we don't have class actions in the UK.

its all a matter of personnal opinion i know ... but i for one would not accept it as justified ... i dont expect privaledges above and beyond other customers paying the same as myself BUT i do expect the same treatment as they receieve wether thats free connection , free equipment or a free email addy ... its just simply wrong to treat customers differently based on pure luck and chance especially when the customer doesnt even know its happening..

as for class action .... i may have chosen the wrong wording .. but here in the UK groups of people do take out lawsuits as a collective against companys .. probably a better word is group action ?? and in the world we live in i can see someone starting one off (not me personally but someone would)

All IMHO of course so no need to bicker or fight over it :D

muppetman11 05-02-2011 18:22

Seems a lot of bad feelings towards VM on here recently this just shows how wrong they've got the TIVO launch and the fact they don't relay info to customers.

Dunt 05-02-2011 18:25

I can't believe it, I'm fuming. I've just realised the remote has the mrs name on it. Never going to get to watch what I want now.

JoshC 05-02-2011 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunt (Post 35167890)
I can't believe it, I'm fuming. I've just realised the remote has the mrs name on it. Never going to get to watch what I want now.

Ohhh bad times :p: