Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Lime coloured urine?? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=43451)

LSainsbury 23-02-2006 20:46

Re: Lime coloured urine??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramrod
Eaten any asparagus?

I ate quite a lot of asparagus whilst in the US last year...never had an side effects....

Russ 23-02-2006 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellie
Or, you could be turning into the incredible hulk

My muscles are looking good but they're not THAT big :eek:

jtwn 23-02-2006 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ D
I've been on creatine for about a month now but this has only just happened in the last day or so.

Someone mentioned it could be due to raised levels of vitamin B - and I am taking a vitamin B suppliment too...perhaps that's it :shrug:

You are taking a vitamin B supplement? Thats it then.

Is it a an individual Vitamin B complex with cajillion % x the RDA or do you mean within your multivitamin?

Russ 23-02-2006 23:14

It's an individual vitamin B cpmplex suppliment.

Holland and Barrett B100, to be exact.

tick 23-02-2006 23:30

our body will look after them selfs with out taking any think with a balanced diet .
so why take any thing

Russ 23-02-2006 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by tick
our body will look after them selfs with out taking any think with a balanced diet .
so why take any thing

Because training hard places extra demands on the body, that's why I increase my daily protein intake and use a protein suppliment.

tick 23-02-2006 23:40

maybe you are doing more than your body wants you to ??
not knocking only saying !!

Russ 24-02-2006 00:09

I think if that was the case then my body would ache.

jtwn 24-02-2006 01:22

Ah Russ, I take the same thing, the one with 10 000 times the RDA of B12 ;) Got the same effects.

Its well known with those who take B5 / B complex in large quantities for acne that the 'side effect' is fluorescent urine. I believe excess B vitamins is excreted from the body this way, and this is the colour it gives, I really wouldn't worry about it.

timewarrior2001 24-02-2006 07:21

Russ you mentioned protein supplements, thats just what I need as my only source of protein after the gym tend to be chicken, Can you reommend any?

Perhaps somehting to assist in blocking carbs also???

Paul K 24-02-2006 07:39

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tick
so why take any thing

Because training hard places extra demands on the body, that's why I increase my daily protein intake and use a protein suppliment.

So at what point are you going to stop taking the supplements Russ? Working out is fine, improving yourself is fine but are you looking to keep taking these supplements for years to come or do you actually have some sort of plan/ timescale that you are keeping to?

LSainsbury 24-02-2006 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by timewarrior2001
...my only source of protein after the gym tend to be chicken...

...so you go and have 12 Chicken McNuggets after your workout? That can't be right!! :Yikes: :disturbd:

Russ 24-02-2006 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by timewarrior2001
Russ you mentioned protein supplements, thats just what I need as my only source of protein after the gym tend to be chicken, Can you reommend any?

Perhaps somehting to assist in blocking carbs also???

I've only been training a few months so I'm not the best person to ask for advice really - when I have a question about training or nutrition I have a look at the forum on www.musclechat.co.uk

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul
So at what point are you going to stop taking the supplements Russ? Working out is fine, improving yourself is fine but are you looking to keep taking these supplements for years to come or do you actually have some sort of plan/ timescale that you are keeping to?

At the moment I'm in the 'building' stage, so once I get to my ideal size/weight I'll be 'maintaining' which won't require suppliments. I'm envisaging around June/July time as when I'll be doing that.

jtwn 24-02-2006 12:59

Timewarrior, post workout you should have a protein shakes and simple carbs to replenish glycogen stores. If your objective is building muscle you shouldn't be 'blocking carbs', you should be eating more of them along with your protein.

Reflex and Optimum Nutrition make good whey protein, I personally just use them, but some people also take casein protein before bed as it is slow release. If you are serious about it though, you really should plan what you are going to be eating and be sure you are taking in enough.

Pia 24-02-2006 16:13

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellie
Or, you could be turning into the incredible hulk

My muscles are looking good but they're not THAT big :eek:

I'm afraid we're all going to need to see proof :spin:
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2006/02/3.gif