Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Who cares about Gazza? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33699432)

Gary L 24-11-2014 14:43

Who cares about Gazza?

something about him drinking again.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...le-the-4682573

Pierre 24-11-2014 15:27

Re: Who gives a fig about Gazza?

Quote:

Who gives a fig about Gazza?
not me.

rhyds 24-11-2014 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35742899)
Who gives a fig about Gazza?

Well the Palestinians and Israelis...

....Oh, two Zs...

martyh 24-11-2014 17:40

I wonder if the person who donated the liver he used would approve of the person it was given to ,I also wonder if anyone died because they couldn't get a liver because it was given to him

heero_yuy 24-11-2014 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35742925)
I wonder if the person who donated the liver he used would approve of the person it was given to ,I also wonder if anyone died because they couldn't get a liver because it was given to him

I think you're confusing him with George Best. :erm:

martyh 24-11-2014 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35742926)
I think you're confusing him with George Best. :erm:

I could have sworn that Gascoigne had one as well but you are right :dunce:

heero_yuy 24-11-2014 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35742928)
I could have sworn that Gascoigne had one as well but you are right :dunce:

:tu:

Not that he won't need one if he keeps falling off the wagon. Just don't think he should get one.

Hom3r 24-11-2014 22:31

Alcoholism is an illness, that some cannot resist.

The thing is where are his so called friends.

He needs help.

The trouble is what he needs is to be forced into rehab and not released until he can control the urge better, but holding against his will is probably illegal.

denphone 25-11-2014 05:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35742994)

He needs help.

The trouble is what he needs is to be forced into rehab and not released until he can control the urge better, but holding against his will is probably illegal.

Many of us have so called friends but the best friends are priceless as they will be with you through thick and thin whatever.

TheDaddy 25-11-2014 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35742994)

He needs help.

What you mean the people that have helped him over and over again, staging interventions and digging deep time only for him to hit the bottle the moment he gets out of rehab or other friends? Fact is talk is cheap, we've heard it all before with him and he won't kick the bottle until he is truly ready.

Stuart 25-11-2014 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35743029)
Many of us have so called friends but the best friends are priceless as they will be with you through thick and thin whatever.

It's easy to find "friends" when you are living the high life (as Gazza probably was during his heyday), but they tend to vanish when the booze/drugs and money run out. Not that I am saying Gazza ever took drugs. I don't know if he did, but you can bet drugs were freely available at most of the parties he went to. Especially if you are famous.

The true friends are those who stick by you through the good times and bad. They are the ones who are not afraid to tell you if you do something bad (like maybe drinking too much), but equally are happy to congratulate you if necessary. They are also happy to lend a hand, or an ear, if you need it.

Depending on the friendship, they will also be happy to take the mickey out of you, but will defend you if they think someone is actually insulting or otherwise attacking you. They also expect the same from you.

What I don't consider true friends are those who stick by you suggesting drink and/or drugs as the only solution to any given problem, just as an excuse to justify their own habit. It sounds, to me, like Gazza has too many of this kind of "friend" and not enough true friends.