Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

Paul 05-01-2023 01:49

Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36143109)
My eldest brother (aged 74) died on New Year’s Day.

Sorry to hear that Hugh. :(

TheDaddy 05-01-2023 04:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36143109)
My eldest brother (aged 74) died on New Year’s Day.

Sorry for your loss Hugh, thinking of you :(

Maggy 05-01-2023 09:18

All sympathy to you and yours.

Hugh 05-01-2023 10:02

Thank you all for your kind thoughts - very much appreciated.

I still can’t believe he’s gone…

tweetiepooh 05-01-2023 10:20

Sorry to hear of your loss Hugh. Take your time and allow yourself to grieve.

heero_yuy 11-01-2023 17:58

Go to print an important letter this morning and the printer shows the colour cartridge is out.

Half an hour of faffing about refilling the cart, resetting the chip and finally ready to print.

It's just black, why can't I just print that even if the colour is out? :mad:

Dude111 11-01-2023 22:35

I am so sorry Hugh -- 74 isnt that old :(

Paul 11-01-2023 22:56

Web sites [forms] that disable paste for email addresses, and even worse, passwords. :mad:

Complete idiots, its just not needed. :upyours:

heero_yuy 20-01-2023 10:39

I get a letter inviting me to apply for the state pension and it gives me a code so that I can apply on-line.

I do that and fill in all the boxes and information asked for but at submission the site says that there's some information missing but no clue as to what that might be. :rolleyes:

Shortly after I get an e-mail inviting me to phone an 0800 number to provide what's missing.

I do that and get a long rambling recorded message followed by 4 options none of which are what I want.

I hold hoping that the de-fault might be to talk to some one but no. Just get the options again I press the button for the most likely one, get a short meaningless message and the system then hangs up. :mad:

And people wonder why I hate phoning up anywhere.

joglynne 20-01-2023 11:24

I worked for the Government for years and even I have problems. Did they send you to the following site ..https://www.gov.uk/get-state-pension before you tried to get any sense out of the silly phone process?

You could do as I do and just try to go old school and fill in a form which you should be able to get by calling 0800 731 7898 ... but if you are being targeted by the DWP "Drive People Mad" programme that's probably the number you have already tried.

I always find a large Gin helps. :D

Hugh 20-01-2023 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 36143987)
I worked for the Government for years and even I have problems. Did they send you to the following site ..https://www.gov.uk/get-state-pension before you tried to get any sense out of the silly phone process?

You could do as I do and just try to go old school and fill in a form which you should be able to get by calling 0800 731 7898 ... but if you are being targeted by the DWP "Drive People Mad" programme that's probably the number you have already tried.

That's the link I used last year, and (luckily) it all went through smoothly.

Only thing to bear in mind is the tax implications (if you have other pensions already being/about to be claimed) - when I went into my HMRC personal tax section after my State Pension was due to be paid (every four weeks), a figure of £220 had been put in for my amount of State Pension until the end of the Tax Year (when if fact it was just over £3k). I calculated what it would be, and put that figure in - what they then do (and it took about a week), is then total up all the pensions you are getting paid, and tax one of the other ones by the amount of tax due on the State Pension), so expect to have one of your other payments (if you have any) reduced.

heero_yuy 20-01-2023 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 36143987)

Yes that's where I filled in the on-line stuff

Quote:

Yep. That was the number I phoned.

Quote:

White rum and diet cola. :D

Jaymoss 28-01-2023 09:25

Been in touch with a Vet to come out and put my old Dog to sleep and for them to come out do it and cremate her it is £750. They want £370 just to put her to sleep. I have to pay it as I want it as stress free for her as possible but dreading it

Hugh 28-01-2023 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36144565)
Been in touch with a Vet to come out and put my old Dog to sleep and for them to come out do it and cremate her it is £750. They want £370 just to put her to sleep. I have to pay it as I want it as stress free for her as possible but dreading it

Really sorry to hear about your dog (and you), Jay.

Awful when they pass…

joglynne 28-01-2023 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36144565)

So sorry Jay, I know how much you have loved her. She has had a brilliant life with you and having you there with her at the end will help you both. <<<hugs>>>