Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Corbyn's kerfuffle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33702119)

Taf 09-01-2016 15:31

Re: Corbyn's kerfuffle

I had a targeted visit by a new Labour member earlier today. He knew my name, the make up of the household, and the fact that I was ex-military and an ex-civil servant!

He wanted to know if Corbyn as leader was going to put me off voting for Labour. I told him that any Labour leader would put me off voting Labour.

"So you're a Conservative voter?" he asked.

"Not a chance" I replied.

"But it's a 2 horse race in Wales, and you don't want to waste your vote!"

I told him that it's not a 2 horse race at all, and support is draining from the old nags at every election.

He left muttering under his breath... in Welsh!

techguyone 09-01-2016 15:33

Nothing astonishing about it, he's in no position to do much more than fight with various parts of his own party, the next GE is sufficiently far enough away that no one really gives a toss what he can or can't do. At this point in time he's no more than light entertainment for everyone but labour luvvies, and half of those hate him.

TheDaddy 09-01-2016 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 35816460)
If you insist on judging other people based on your own caricature of them, you will never understand them.

The statistics are quite clear. Regardless of what you think of the British public, it is clear the British public doesn't think much of Jeremy Corbyn. No amount of railing against people and telling them they are out of touch is going to change that fact. You just make yourself sound like a beardy old Trot foaming on about false consciousness.

They the same statistics you kept banging on about during the scotus referendum, they were quite clear then according to you only to result in the narrowest of scrapping home. And rather than a beardy old Trot I'd prefer to sound like what I am, someone that'd totally disillusioned with the smooth talking snake oil salesmen spivs that we have masquerading as professional politicians today.

Hugh 09-01-2016 17:40

A 10.6% victory margin seems quite a bit more than 'scraping home'.

denphone 09-01-2016 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35816544)
They the same statistics you kept banging on about during the scotus referendum, they were quite clear then according to you only to result in the narrowest of scrapping home. And rather than a beardy old Trot I'd prefer to sound like what I am, someone that'd totally disillusioned with the smooth talking snake oil salesmen spivs that we have masquerading as professional politicians today.

The vast majority of them are professional liars that's for sure TD.

Chris 09-01-2016 19:31

Quote:

Err, no - a narrow scraping home would have been a margin of less than 1 percentage point, as occurred, for example, in the Quebec independence referendum. The difference in Scotland was almost 11 points, which nobody - not even the Yes campaign - has tried to claim was a "scrape home" for No.

I'm not entirely sure what that has to do with anything anyway.

Mr Banana 09-01-2016 21:55

Quote:

I still prefer them to someone who wants to disarm the country!

TheDaddy 09-01-2016 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35816565)
The vast majority of them are professional liars that's for sure TD.

And me and many millions of others are sick of it. They (politicians) moan about voter apathy seemingly with realising or more likely caring that they're the cause of it.

The reason jezza, Farage and boris are popular is because they're open, they're happy to answer question or in bozos case admit readily he doesn't know. They're not little clones of each other, it's getting so it's almost impossible to tell which party one politician represents from another unless they're wearing a rosette and if parties behave to same and have the same policies then what's the point of voting for them at all, it's only going to end up with more of the same.

4 million people voted for the kippers and they got one mp, what's been done to ensure that doesn't happen again and their voice is heard, nothing. The snp got marginally more than the greens to become the third largest party in Westminster to incidentally and no one says a word about reform. Perhaps people might bare this in mind next time moves are a foot to force people to vote.

---------- Post added at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Banana (Post 35816611)
I still prefer them to someone who wants to disarm the country!

Disarm us in what way? By getting rid of the nukes, can't see a problem myself, they're not truly independent and tie us to America. If we had our own nukes it might be different imo

techguyone 09-01-2016 22:27

I have to agree with Daddy, maybe it is time for the two party system to go (although as we've already had a taste) coalitions seem to spend more time blocking/playing games with each other to score internal points. It's a nonsense that given voting numbers for say UKIP in this instance, they get pretty much zero to show for that. I don't agree however, about disarming nukes, and whilst there's a US involvement (we ARE part of NATO too you know) , the important bit (pushing the button) is entirely sovereign and down to us.
I'd sooner chew my own arms off than agree with Corbys traitorous view regarding terrorists/military related matters

Mr Banana 09-01-2016 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35816613)
And me and many millions of others are sick of it. They (politicians) moan about voter apathy seemingly with realising or more likely caring that they're the cause of it.

The reason jezza, Farage and boris are popular is because they're open, they're happy to answer question or in bozos case admit readily he doesn't know. They're not little clones of each other, it's getting so it's almost impossible to tell which party one politician represents from another unless they're wearing a rosette and if parties behave to same and have the same policies then what's the point of voting for them at all, it's only going to end up with more of the same.

4 million people voted for the kippers and they got one mp, what's been done to ensure that doesn't happen again and their voice is heard, nothing. The snp got marginally more than the greens to become the third largest party in Westminster to incidentally and no one says a word about reform. Perhaps people might bare this in mind next time moves are a foot to force people to vote.

---------- Post added at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

Disarm us in what way? By getting rid of the nukes, can't see a problem myself, they're not truly independent and tie us to America. If we had our own nukes it might be different imo

Cant see a problem? Fast forward 5 years and lets imagine Jezza somehow got into power and Nato had been dissolved. Putin to team, we need to send a message to show who's boss, lets nuke the Uk, they can't retaliate because that knob Jezza disarmed the UK and he is probably sat chatting to Isis at this moment regarding a settlement in the middle east, whilst Isis are running wild in London.

roughbeast 09-01-2016 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Banana (Post 35816619)
Cant see a problem? Fast forward 5 years and lets imagine Jezza somehow got into power and Nato had been dissolved. Putin to team, we need to send a message to show who's boss, lets nuke the Uk, they can't retaliate because that knob Jezza disarmed the UK and he is probably sat chatting to Isis at this moment regarding a settlement in the middle east, whilst Isis are running wild in London.

Pathetic.

---------- Post added at 23:49 ---------- Previous post was at 23:47 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by techguyone (Post 35816617)
I have to agree with Daddy, maybe it is time for the two party system to go (although as we've already had a taste) coalitions seem to spend more time blocking/playing games with each other to score internal points. It's a nonsense that given voting numbers for say UKIP in this instance, they get pretty much zero to show for that. I don't agree however, about disarming nukes, and whilst there's a US involvement (we ARE part of NATO too you know) , the important bit (pushing the button) is entirely sovereign and down to us.
I'd sooner chew my own arms off than agree with Corbys traitorous view regarding terrorists/military related matters

We have a one-party system like the USA - The Rich People's Party. Corbyn may just break it. This is why the right and most of the corporately owned media are against him.

Mr Banana 10-01-2016 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by roughbeast (Post 35816631)
Pathetic.

---------- Post added at 23:49 ---------- Previous post was at 23:47 ----------

We have a one-party system like the USA - The Rich People's Party. Corbyn may just break it. This is why the right and most of the corporately owned media are against him.

Pathetic or the views of a concerned voter. I think this man could be the most dangerous person ever to lead this country, if he somehow got into power.

You may be envious of rich people but watch them leave along with business relocations if that moron was running the country.

How would he manage things then, with the country bankrupt

Hugh 10-01-2016 10:33

Strange language from a Labour MP who supports Corbyn about his neighbouring MP who resigned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-35242618

Quote:

One Leader. One Party. One Enemy.
Sounds familiar...

Osem 10-01-2016 16:46

All too! Nasty bile filled people.

TheDaddy 10-01-2016 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Banana (Post 35816619)

Did he actually say that? I remember him saying we should stop and think about how wise it was to continue expanding nato especially in eastern Europe since the cold war was over. Seems sensible advice to all politicians, stop and think before acting

---------- Post added at 17:42 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Banana (Post 35816649)
Pathetic or the views of a concerned voter. I think this man could be the most dangerous person ever to lead this country, if he somehow got into power.

You may be envious of rich people but watch them leave along with business relocations if that moron was running the country.

How would he manage things then, with the country bankrupt

Please one minute he's the most dangerous threat to this country eve and the next his a joke. The media in particular want to make their minds upon this