Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tivo V6 : Pin required (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33712654)

Itshim 02-05-2024 09:49

Pin required

Why do I need to put in my pin when I have setting saying I have not any locked channels. It does not happen with all shows i e all Chicago and FBI are fine what ever time I watch recording but SWAT requires pin

SnoopZ 02-05-2024 10:38

Re: Pin required

Info from Google.

Some channels, mostly the Sky ones are subject to MDP (Mandatory Daytime Protection). What this means is that they are allowed by OFCOM to broadcast more adult content during the daytime on condition that PIN protection is locked on & cannot be removed by the viewer.

Itshim 02-05-2024 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36174358)
Info from Google.

Some channels, mostly the Sky ones are subject to MDP (Mandatory Daytime Protection). What this means is that they are allowed by OFCOM to broadcast more adult content during the daytime on condition that PIN protection is locked on & cannot be removed by the viewer.

Thanks . It's a pain but nanny state must rule:shocked: still strange Swat needs one what ever time

Hom3r 05-05-2024 21:53

It really boils my pee that despite no one in my family under 20, I am forced to enter the dam passcode every time.

What's worse is that the channels put on these age restricted stuff on too early

Paul 05-05-2024 23:44

Thats the nanny state for you.

Itshim 06-05-2024 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36174546)
It really boils my pee that despite no one in my family under 20, I am forced to enter the dam passcode every time.

What's worse is that the channels put on these age restricted stuff on too early

So true in this house when here ,the youngest is 24!!! Normally 73+

ozsat 06-05-2024 14:27

I would rather enter a PIN to watchduring daytime and watch a complete programme than resort to the edits like ITV do with stuff when whole scenes are wiped out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36174546)

Itshim 06-05-2024 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 36174590)
I would rather enter a PIN and watch a complete programme than resort to the edits like ITV do with stuff when whole scenes are wiped out.

Can't say I have ever noticed :D

RichardCoulter 06-05-2024 14:50

I had to put a PIN in this morning to watch a programme about Jamie Carragher :confused:

I do agree though that it's better to have this and be able to watch adult material before the watershed.

Presumably Ofcom won't allow them to have a setting that says 'Everyone over 18 in household, so no PIN required'.

Hom3r 06-05-2024 15:39

Quote:

I would rather enter a PIN to watchduring daytime and watch a complete programme than resort to the edits like ITV do with stuff when whole scenes are wiped out.

I was watching the young ones episode Boring.

They cut the entire scene with the cop and the guy saying that they had won the Ford Tipex (Granda), probably because of the N word.

ozsat 06-05-2024 16:30

I think these channels find it better to remove whole scenes rather than just mute a word.

epsilon 06-05-2024 23:35

Quote:

Indeed. Sky made some brutal cuts to programmes typically shown at around 8pm before PIN access was introduced.

Kevc69 07-05-2024 07:42

Quote:

Hadn't thought of it in those terms. Most of the edits I see give the impression of being done to fit the program into time slots.

ozsat 07-05-2024 14:21

Usually an odd word here and their - or a flash of a bit of body.

But rather than a bit of daytime blurring or muting - ITV and UKTV prefer to cut a chuck out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevc69 (Post 36174625)
Hadn't thought of it in those terms. Most of the edits I see give the impression of being done to fit the program into time slots.

Itshim 07-05-2024 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 36174603)
I think these channels find it better to remove whole scenes rather than just mute a word.

Guess most people won't notice if it's the first time you see it :erm: