Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Introduce a friend? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33678526)

Boaz 09-06-2011 14:58

Introduce a friend?

Hello :)

Now my son moved down to Cambridge he asked me to phone VM to introduce him as a friend so that I may get the 'Introduce a friend' reward.

After speaking to the lady on the phone she said that as my son is only taking the one feature - Broadband, that I won't be entitled to the ''Introduce a friend' reward.

Is that right or have I been palmed off?

Charliedontsurf 09-06-2011 15:13

Re: Introduce a friend??

No one knows, No one will ever know.

Virginmedia is run the same way as FIFA.

To receive the Connect a Friend credit, you must be an existing Virgin Media customer but not a Virgin Media National PAYG dial-up customer. Your friend must subscribe to any Virgin Media service (other than our Free TV only service), subject to status and credit checks

From HERE

Blackened 09-06-2011 15:17

I did this once but they came up with something obscure like there was no R in the month so I didn't qualify. Never bothered since.

nashville 09-06-2011 16:55

I don,t think that is fair, they would stil be getting the business.

Boaz 09-06-2011 17:00

First guy I spoke to said I qualified for it, then he transferred my call to Sales who then told me that I wasn't entitled as my son was only going for the one package, broadband.......I may phone them back!

Dave9946 09-06-2011 17:04

Almost like they forget they have the introduce a friend policy untill someone phones up to claim the credit lol.

There sure is an ever growing list of issues thats covered in there terms and policy that only virgin employees can see where the rest of us cant lol.

Boaz 09-06-2011 17:35

Re: Introduce a friend?

I decided to phoned VM back....they said I can still receive the 'refer a friend' reward just by adding my friend on their website which is good, although that remains to be seen. I'm hopeful.

Thanks Charlie for that link. :)

Your_da 10-06-2011 10:39

Yeah, I just added my friend on the website, they took care of the rest and added the money to my account. No hassle at all.

BenMcr 10-06-2011 11:21

Connect a Friend is via the website only, you can't do it by phone

http://connectfriends.virginmedia.com/

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave9946 (Post 35254801)
Almost like they forget they have the introduce a friend policy untill someone phones up to claim the credit lol.

There sure is an ever growing list of issues thats covered in there terms and policy that only virgin employees can see where the rest of us cant lol.

Terms are quite clear on the Connect a Friend website as to who is eligible and who isn't

Dave9946 10-06-2011 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35255112)
Connect a Friend is via the website only, you can't do it by phone

http://connectfriends.virginmedia.com/

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

Terms are quite clear on the Connect a Friend website as to who is eligible and who isn't

Yeah, I gathered that after thanks for clarifying it though :) . But it would have helped if CS\Sales would have informed how to claim it in the first place assuming it was a qualifying claim of cause than the confusing respone he did seem to get.

BenMcr 10-06-2011 11:34

They should be aware as it is within the process information they have

e.g. 'Customer want's to connect a friend - inform them of the following website'

Boaz 10-06-2011 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave9946 (Post 35255116)
Yeah, I gathered that after thanks for clarifying it though :) . But it would have helped if CS\Sales would have informed how to claim it in the first place assuming it was a qualifying claim of cause than the confusing respone he did seem to get.

I'm a 'she'. :p:

But yeah, I agree with that, they should have told me on the phone the first time that I was able to do it via the website to qualify. I don't know if I will still get the reward, was told I would so we will see.

I don't see why it's online only though.

BenMcr 10-06-2011 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boaz (Post 35255124)
I don't see why it's online only though.

It's to make sure that it's all validated correctly and that customers can track the progress themselves rather than continually phoning up Customer Services which is what used to happen

ErnieBean 25-06-2011 14:31

A few years ago I recommended a friend, after the affect I heard nothing and received
nothing.

and since other incidents with VM, I would not recommend a stranger never mind a friend

nashville 25-06-2011 16:59

This is not really fair. did you complain to them about this, or was it a waste of time.