Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33688944)

Jameseh 27-05-2013 12:32

Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

I bet the page was just pre-written in case they did get a deal, then someone started swapping the numbers on the end of the URL and found it.

</pessimism>

Arthurgray50@blu 27-05-2013 13:37

We all know that VM is pushing hard and concentrating on BB, and thats why they will make a special deal.

Dave42 27-05-2013 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35576254)
Why has the link confirming BT Sports now changed to all you need to know ?

guess it was put up little early but think it be a done deal

Jameseh 27-05-2013 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35576274)
We all know that VM is pushing hard and concentrating on BB, and thats why they will make a special deal.

That doesn't even make sense. BT Sport is there solely to bring in BT Broadband customers, so why the hell would Virgin get a 'special deal'

colin25 27-05-2013 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jameseh (Post 35576283)
That doesn't even make sense. BT Sport is there solely to bring in BT Broadband customers, so why the hell would Virgin get a 'special deal'

That puzzled me too

coulsontom 27-05-2013 16:18

lol BT Sport is BT's way of getting back customers who switched from BT to go all in "triple-pay" with Sky and Virgin.

Negates the object if they offer it at anything less than full price to Virgin customers.

Arthurgray50@blu 27-05-2013 18:20

I was under the impression that VM were going full power to offer a wider range in BB, instead of the TV side. They have already say that they are putting more money in the BB service, and VM do have a lot of customers.

colin25 27-05-2013 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35576397)
I was under the impression that VM were going full power to offer a wider range in BB, instead of the TV side. They have already say that they are putting more money in the BB service, and VM do have a lot of customers.

I agree, which makes it pointless to offer virgin BT sport for less than full rate.

But I could be proved wrong (i do remember getting a B+ once, wait, do they do the A-F system anymore...argghh..another oldie statement i fear). :D

Chad 27-05-2013 20:05

Talk Talk have published information regarding the removal of ESPN and ESPN America:

http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/tv/chang...d-espn-america

Price change information is interesting, but not as interesting as Talk Talk making it clear you can't leave if you are unhappy with the closure of ESPN.

harry_hitch 27-05-2013 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin25 (Post 35576404)
I agree, which makes it pointless to offer virgin BT sport for less than full rate.

But I could be proved wrong (i do remember getting a B+ once, wait, do they do the A-F system anymore...argghh..another oldie statement i fear). :D

LOL, yeah all the annoyingly young 16/17 year old kids at work keep banging on about their ridiculously high marks they are projected:( It makes me sick how young and fresh faced they look:mad::(:D

denphone 29-05-2013 14:13

Can Sky continue its reign as undisputed champ of UK sports broadcasting?.

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/a...s-broadcasting

Gavin-D 29-05-2013 14:29

Virgin Media 'in talks over BT Sport deal'

BT Sport could soon be available on the Virgin Media platform.

Virgin Media has hinted to its cable TV customers that they will be able to sign up for BT's soon-to-launch sports broadcasting service.

BT announced earlier this month that the channels - BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN - will be available free of charge to its broadband subscribers with BT Vision, Sky+ or YouView set-top boxes. They will also be streamed online via a special app.

Sky users without a BT broadband connection will be able to subscribe to the standard-definition service for £12 per month, or the high-definition version for £15.

However, no mention was made of Virgin Media, leading to complaints from customers - particularly those currently signed up to Virgin's XL TV package, which will offer free access to ESPN until the introduction of BT Sport.

With the launch set to take place on August 1st 2013, Virgin Media has issued an update in which it promises to keep customers up to date with any new developments on the matter.

"We're always striving to bring you the best sporting events and competitions from around the world and we're talking to BT about how we can make the forthcoming BT Sport package available to you," the cable company insisted.

http://www.cable.co.uk/news/virgin-m...eal-801590928/

johnasimmons 29-05-2013 16:30

I am really getting the feeling that BT Sport is another Sky Atlantic...

BenMcr 29-05-2013 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnasimmons (Post 35577091)

Why?

denphone 29-05-2013 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnasimmons (Post 35577091)

l don't.:nono: