Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Diane Abbott does it again (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705629)

Mick 08-11-2017 01:20

Re: Diane Abbott does it again

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35923714)
Yes it's fair enough to have a go at someone for not being very good. But with Diane Abbott it also brings out sexism, racism, people not liking the way she looks/talks etc, all irrelevant. Why not have a go at Boris or Priti Patel, equally crap at their jobs. It just doesn't suit the agenda on here, and making personal attacks DA does !

Virtue signalling again I see, because yeah, you have never personally attacked anyone. You’re being a total hypocrite as always. :rolleyes:

Mr K 08-11-2017 04:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35923753)
Virtue signalling again I see, because yeah, you have never personally attacked anyone. You’re being a total hypocrite as always. :rolleyes:

Don't think I've attacked anyone because of their sex, looks etc. Maybe because of what they've done. This thread has bought out the worst in posters; and post #27 is still here for some reason, which doesn't reflect well on this forum.

I'll leave the personal attacks to you Mick as I know it's something you get enjoyment from, and have 'carte blanche' round here to do.

papa smurf 08-11-2017 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35923758)
Don't think I've attacked anyone because of their sex, looks etc. Maybe because of what they've done. This thread has bought out the worst in posters; and post #27 is still here for some reason, which doesn't reflect well on this forum.

I'll leave the personal attacks to you Mick as I know it's something you get enjoyment from, and have 'carte blanche' round here to do.

and was re-posted by your liberal chum post#28 :shrug:

ianch99 08-11-2017 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35923758)

I agree, I don't understand why more people don't have a problem with post #27.

papa smurf 08-11-2017 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 35923777)
I agree, I don't understand why more people don't have a problem with post #27.

but you keep advertising it to the world :)

heero_yuy 08-11-2017 09:41

Maybe they understand emoticons. ;)

ianch99 08-11-2017 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35923780)

Oh I get it. You can insult a woman, calling her a "pig" but if you follow it with an emoticon then is is perfectly acceptable. Yup, makes perfect sense :dunce:

Let us know what happens when you try this technique on your wife or sister? Should be interesting ..

papa smurf 08-11-2017 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35923780)

i wonder is there a Righteous indignation emoticon :);)

Maggy 08-11-2017 11:34

I think everyone needs to settle down.

Osem 08-11-2017 23:11

Why is it that some sad PC obsessed folks seem to feel that criticising a woman is somehow misogynistic? That's so easy isn't it. A bit like claiming everyone who's worried about migration is racist and all men are budding rapists/perverts. Abbott isn't a target because she's female or black, it's because she's as inept hypocrite who uses the racism and sexism card to deflect from that fact. Corbyn's exactly the same but can't play the same cards.

Mr K 09-11-2017 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35923957)
Why is it that some sad PC obsessed folks seem to feel that criticising a woman is somehow misogynistic? That's so easy isn't it. A bit like claiming everyone who's worried about migration is racist and all men are budding rapists/perverts. Abbott isn't a target because she's female or black, it's because she's as inept hypocrite who uses the racism and sexism card to deflect from that fact. Corbyn's exactly the same but can't play the same cards.

I don't think post #27 is misogynistic or giving articulate criticism. It is just abusive. Some abuse is allowed around here depending on the target.

ianch99 09-11-2017 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35923957)

It is sad that some people have lost their sense of decency in pursuit of their hatred of one political party. Your argument is specious: he did not "criticise" her, he called her a pig.

Don't try and spin this back to a Labour rant. You would not call your wife a pig so don't be such a hypocrite and try and justify it.

Mick 09-11-2017 10:18

All this whinging of one post, yet I see no reported posts by either of the complainers.

Mr K 09-11-2017 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35923996)
All this whinging of one post, yet I see no reported posts by either of the complainers.

Shouldn't have to Mick , only need to report it if you haven't seen it.

heero_yuy 09-11-2017 10:28

Typical to missread a post, or maybe just pig ignorance. I didn't say she was a pig, I said a winner of pull a pig Quite different meaning.:rolleyes: