Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Tony Blair admits he did not realise how many migrants would come to the UK (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704638)

Ramrod 19-03-2017 19:14

Tony Blair admits he did not realise how many migrants would come to the UK

Quote:

Tony Blair has admitted he did not realise how many migrants would come to the UK when he opened Britain's borders to millions of European workers.

He tried to play down the significance of opening Britain's borders, arguing that most EU migrants came to the UK after 2008.

However, official figures show that the number of EU migrants who came to Britain rose from just 15,000 in 2003 to 87,000 the following year. That figure increased to 104,000 in 2006 and 127,000 in 2007.

link

I can't articulate the depths of my contempt for this man.

Taf 19-03-2017 19:34

Re: Tony Blair admits he did not realise how many migrants would come to the UK

I can. But not on a public forum.

Hom3r 19-03-2017 20:13

I have voted labour all my life, but I have nothing but contempt for TB.

RizzyKing 19-03-2017 20:17

I'd get insta banned if i expressed my feelings for that low life and his continued interference despite all he's responsible for just further deepens my anger. He needs to realise we don't want him or his advice and go find a rock to live under.

Paul 19-03-2017 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by RizzyKing (Post 35890772)
He needs to realise we don't want him or his advice and go find a rock to live under.

I'd prefer if someone dropped the rock on him while he was under it.

Still, things have improved since then, right ? Labour have Corbyn now :dozey:

RizzyKing 20-03-2017 00:27

The disturbing thing is I'd rather keep corbyn the risk blair again what a wonderful world we live in.

TheDaddy 20-03-2017 07:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramrod (Post 35890767)
link

I can't articulate the depths of my contempt for this man.

He realised, this is old news, they've been saying for years how they only expected 20k poles, they knew exactly what would happen and are trying to rewrite history in an attempt to become relevant again but it won't wash with the public and I hope he realises when he's lecturing us on the EU that he and his cronies are directly responsible for us leaving.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35890786)
I'd prefer if someone dropped the rock on him while he was under it.

Still, things have improved since then, right ? Labour have Corbyn now :dozey:

I think they have, say what you want about Jez and most people do but at least he's hands aren't covered in innocent people's blood.

Sirius 20-03-2017 11:33

Personaly i would like to see him put against a wall and shot. There are not many people i have such hate for but he stands well above the others.

Osem 20-03-2017 11:43

Did anyone ever really seriously doubt the truth about Bliar's actions when it came to mass uncontrolled migration? They knew exactly what they were doing and Labour got away with it for years by shouting down opponents and labelling critics racists and bigots. They and their ilk are still at it now as we've seen throughout the Brexit debate.

IMHO Bliar is a complete slimeball.

OLD BOY 20-03-2017 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by RizzyKing (Post 35890809)
The disturbing thing is I'd rather keep corbyn the risk blair again what a wonderful world we live in.

Well, yes, that would be the right thing to do. No need to apologise.

As long as Corbyn leads the opposition, we keep Labour out of Government. What's not to like?

Ramrod 20-03-2017 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35890842)
They knew exactly what they were doing and Labour got away with it for years by shouting down opponents and labelling critics racists and bigots.

Yep. I remember accusations of racism at the time. :(

techguyone 21-03-2017 14:17

Oh him... 'lets rub diversity in the face for the Conservatives' yea well that really worked out so well didn't it.

cnut.

pip08456 21-03-2017 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramrod (Post 35890860)
Yep. I remember accusations of racism at the time. :(

Isn't that a term the "luvvie left" use to justify their actions and outlook?

Osem 21-03-2017 15:09

I was listening to a lifetime Labour voter and former Corbyn supporter on the radio earlier commenting on the all the vitriol and nastiness being directed at people like him who no longer believe Corbyn is a credible leader. Sadly, unlike me, the guy wasn't old enough to recall as far back as the 1970's and the appalling intimidation and violence routinely employed by left leaning militant political groups, unions etc. Nothing's changed - they're the same vile hypocrites they always were.

pip08456 21-03-2017 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35891087)
I was listening to a lifetime Labour voter and former Corbyn supporter on the radio earlier commenting on the all the vitriol and nastiness being directed at people like him who no longer believe Corbyn is a credible leader. Sadly, unlike me, the guy wasn't old enough to recall as far back as the 1970's and the appalling intimidation and violence routinely employed by left leaning militant political groups, unions etc. Nothing's changed - they're the same vile hypocrites they always were.

You have a point. I remember those days.

The "Luvvie Left" had infultrated the NUT, campaigned for the abolition of Grammar schools so that all children recieved the same education and instead of raising the level of education actually managed to lower it so far that Universities now have to teach them the basics they should've learnt to meet quotas.

That's another discussion though. Fact remains, the left have a lot to answer for with the problems we now have.