Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Tories plan to lower Benefits cap (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698922)

Arthurgray50@blu 28-09-2014 20:37

Tories plan to lower Benefits cap

http://news.sky.com/story/1343488/to...s-cap-to-23000

I think the news that David Cameron has said in this statement, has seriously shot himself in the foot over this statement.

Yet, again IF the Conservatives get in again, they will cut benefits to give the fund to apprentiships.

Large companies have moved out the UK, so where is the work they can learn.

And again the people that are on benefit, will be hit yet again. Through no fault of there own. They will be on benefit.

Why hasn't he done this before, he has been in power for everal dreadful years, cutting this and that. They are already on a tighrope with UKIP coming up on the side, to pinch a lot of seats in the elections.

martyh 28-09-2014 20:50

re: Tories plan to lower Benefits cap

which large companies have moved out of the UK?

I think it's about time there was more investment in apprentiships

Stephen 28-09-2014 21:10

Re: Tories plan to lower Benefits cap

Well there are people on benefits that should be and am all for them trying to get people out working.

martyh 28-09-2014 21:32

I think it's a good plan .A lot of 18-25yr olds are on benefits because they are not academic and can't get jobs in any trade because they have no skills so if the government plough money into apprenticeships instead of benefits i'll bet a lot will take them

Pierre 28-09-2014 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35731720)

So you agree he should have done it earlier. Well at least he's doing it now. Be happy.

Osem 28-09-2014 21:51

If Labour had done it before it wouldn't be required now. Of course they quite like making people reliant on the state who're then likely to vote for more of the same...

martyh 28-09-2014 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35731734)
If Labour had done it before it wouldn't be required now. Of course they quite like making people reliant on the state who're then likely to vote for more of the same...

Labour want to offer 18-24yr olds a tax payer funded job ,no idea how that would work

Maggy 28-09-2014 22:41

If apprenticeships are such a good idea why haven't successive governments ensured that they encouraged the process..also why don't businesses actually offer more apprenticeships?:confused:

Ignitionnet 28-09-2014 22:42

Ya know if these idiots actually want to get the benefit bill down a really good place to start might be to either build some houses or amend borrowing rules to let local authorities do so...

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2014/09/5.jpg

Though the man in charge of this department is the cretin who came out with this.

Which was trivially deconstructed here.

It all becomes a farce anyway when you look at the pensions bill alongside the other welfare the retired receive compared with the total welfare bill.

Maggy 28-09-2014 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ignitionnet (Post 35731737)
Ya know if these idiots actually want to get the benefit bill down a really good place to start might be to either build some houses or amend borrowing rules to let local authorities do so... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-CL511-.../dp/B004QI7IB6 Though the man in charge of this department is the cretin who came out with this. Which was trivially deconstructed here. It all becomes a farce anyway when you look at the pensions bill alongside the other welfare the retired receive compared with the total welfare bill.

I suppose us pensioners could just get on with dying..or living on a smaller pension.:erm:

I did however make the contributions I was asked to and I also paid into the teachers pension scheme.Don't know what else we OAPs could have done.:erm:

alferret 28-09-2014 22:50

I know what I want to say but I'll abstain.
Good plan by Cameron tho, I don't see why people on benefits should get more than the average Joe.
We work for our cash so why should people be given free handouts that's more than minimum wage. Lots of families/couples manage to survive on little with zero free money. Spongers and malingerers need to learn that is time to ante up and pay their dues like the rest of us.

Ignitionnet 28-09-2014 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35731740)
I suppose us pensioners could just get on with dying..or living on a smaller pension.:erm:

I did however make the contributions I was asked to and I also paid into the teachers pension scheme.Don't know what else we OAPs could have done.:erm:

You have to love when people take comments aimed at politicians personally.

You didn't contribute nearly enough and received your pension way too soon, for now though enjoy the privileges of being in a nice big cohort with a high percentage of active voters.

The generations before yours paid the taxes to fund your education while rebuilding the UK's infrastructure, the generations after will pay the taxes to fund your retirement, sadly your taxes were urinated away to bribe you for your vote.

The younger generations, mine being the very end of that 'younger' group, have every right to look at what current pensioners receive with a fair amount of frustration.

I am astounded there aren't more riots to be quite honest with you; there should be.

Regardless I didn't apportion any blame. If you have a guilty conscience or are projecting something that's your prerogative.

TheDaddy 28-09-2014 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by alferret (Post 35731741)
I know what I want to say but I'll abstain.
Good plan by Cameron tho, I don't see why people on benefits should get more than the average Joe.
We work for our cash so why should people be given free handouts that's more than minimum wage. Lots of families/couples manage to survive on little with zero free money. Spongers and malingerers need to learn that is time to ante up and pay their dues like the rest of us.

The minimum wage is just that the barest minimum you need to survive, instead of bleating how wrong it is people on benefits get more why aren't we having a right moan at why so many businesses think its ok for the minimum to be the default wage, we are allowing ourselves to become engaged in a race to the bottom.

Ignitionnet 28-09-2014 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by alferret (Post 35731741)
Spongers and malingerers need to learn that is time to ante up and pay their dues like the rest of us.

Over half the population don't pay their dues, never have and never will. A fair amount of that half are actually in work, and some of that half are receiving welfare to top up bad wages and/or pay for exorbitant rents.

One of the few things the Tories have done incredibly well is misdirect people's anger towards 'scroungers'.

---------- Post added at 23:17 ---------- Previous post was at 23:16 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35731744)
The minimum wage is just that the barest minimum you need to survive, instead of bleating how wrong it is people on benefits get more why aren't we having a right moan at why so many business think its ok for the minimum to be the default wage, we are allowing ourselves to become engaged in a race to the bottom.

Sadly even that isn't true. If it were we wouldn't have tax credits and in-work housing benefit - AKA corporate welfare as it funds wages that would otherwise be inadequate to attract staff.

Maggy 28-09-2014 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ignitionnet (Post 35731743)
You have to love when people take comments aimed at politicians personally. You didn't contribute nearly enough and received your pension way too soon, for now though enjoy the privileges of being in a nice big cohort with a high percentage of active voters. The generations before yours paid the taxes to fund your education while rebuilding the UK's infrastructure, the generations after will pay the taxes to fund your retirement, sadly your taxes were urinated away to bribe you for your vote. The younger generations, mine being the very end of that 'younger' group, have every right to look at what current pensioners receive with a fair amount of frustration. I am astounded there aren't more riots to be quite honest with you; there should be. Regardless I didn't apportion any blame. If you have a guilty conscience or are projecting something that's your prerogative.

But as far as I'm concerned I paid taxes to pay for the pensions of those ahead of me in the queue.Whatever successive governments have done with them is for them. As there has been a Tory MP in my town for all of my 40+ residence that I never wanted or wouldn't vote for because he was a useless, trough swilling chap who made sure he was alright Jack when it came to a job outside Parliament, whilst avoiding attending that building as seldom as possible then my vote wasn't bought by anyone.;)

As for taking the issue personally so would you in my position..just wait until your children and grandchildren are paying taxes and voting and see if they think you wasted their contributions.