Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Budget (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704588)

Mick 15-03-2017 13:33

Re: Budget

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35890077)
Corbyn - Pot kettle black... lol

He couldn't hit the side of a barn from the inside. He's utterly inept and deeply uninspiring.

This is it, the stupid fool won't step aside and as along as he remains, Labour are finished.

denphone 15-03-2017 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35890082)
This is it, the stupid fool won't step aside and as along as he remains, Labour are finished.

Rumour is the unelectable Corbyn will go next year.

Kursk 15-03-2017 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35890086)
Rumour is the unelectable Corbyn will go next year.

Perhaps the poor old bugger just isn't sure which way is OUT :erm:

heero_yuy 15-03-2017 13:56

Looks like "spreadsheet" Phil's just had that pasty tax moment.

What looks good on paper can really backfire. Didn't take long. :(

denphone 15-03-2017 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35890089)
Looks like "spreadsheet" Phil's just had that pasty tax moment.

What looks good on paper can really backfire. Didn't take long. :(

If political parties break the pledges of their election manifesto the public have long memories and don't forget it..

1andrew1 15-03-2017 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35890090)
If political parties break the pledges of their election manifesto the public have long memories and don't forget it..

I guess the issues are:
- How the Chancellor replaces the missing revenue.
- Will there be any political ramifications? Osborne survived his Omnishambles Budget but the knives from the leavers might be sharpened for Hammond if he makes another mistake.

Mick 15-03-2017 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35890090)

But what do you do, when ALL three main parties have engaged in U-Turns?

The Liberal Democrats said they would not increase University Tuition fees, in 2010, they formed a Coalition government with the Tories and increased Tuition fees, Nick Clegg took years of beatings for that and I think ultimately is the reason the Lib Dems are down to just 9 Members of Parliament today.

Labour have done U-Turns, look when Labour abolished 10p in the Tax band, causing middle and low earners ending up paying way more tax, they did not bring it back but they made concessions in later Budgets take make up for their terrible decision.

denphone 15-03-2017 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35890094)

The Liberal Democrats said they would not increase University Tuition fees, in 2010, they formed a Coalition government with the Tories and increased Tuition fees, Nick Clegg took years of beatings for that and I think ultimately is the reason the Lib Dems are down to just 9 Members of Parliament today.

Labour have done U-Turns, look when Labour abolished 10p in the Tax band, causing middle and low earners ending up paying way more tax, they did not bring it back but they made concessions in later Budgets take make up for their terrible decision.

l suppose when it comes down to it it is who do you trust the most and personally l don't trust any of them if l am honest...

1andrew1 15-03-2017 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35890094)

I think failing to keep an election pledge is politically far worse than a u-turn. I do agree that a u-turn shows that the Government is listening to some extent.

Mr K 15-03-2017 17:33

Silly Philly.. That's 2 billion he's going to have to find from somewhere (didn't mention where did he?), or is the increase in Social Care funding going to be quietly forgotten and even more pressure on the NHS? Doesnt the silly bugger realise that the point of a 'Budget' is that it's supposed to add up?
People, not just the Tories, have got their priorities all wrong. If you want public services you have to pay, a few pence in tax will seem irrelevant next time you or your family need the NHS.
Same old Tories, increasing inequalities everywhere, and no one should be surprised.

papa smurf 15-03-2017 18:03

i'm not happy now i know white van man pays less than i do the evening out of tax differences has been swept under the carpet :)

1andrew1 15-03-2017 18:19

Interesting observation from the right-wing Spectator magazine: “This fiasco will be watched with amazement in European capitals. If Theresa May caves in under pressure, then her opponents in Brexit talks will apply pressure.”
https://www.spectator.co.uk/

Damien 15-03-2017 19:03

The Spectator is pretty good, always worth reading their political columnists (and avoiding Brenden O'Neill).

Kursk 15-03-2017 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35890114)
i'm not happy now i know white van man pays less than i do the evening out of tax differences has been swept under the carpet :)

Have you noticed that a particularly loud and belligerent CF voice is very quiet all of a sudden? ;)

Paul 15-03-2017 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursk (Post 35890154)
Have you noticed that a particularly loud and belligerent CF voice is very quiet all of a sudden? ;)

Nope, you still seem to be posting :erm: