Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Science & Technology (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Streaming Netflix issue (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709369)

ThunderPants73 17-09-2020 10:10

Streaming Netflix issue

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

My friend has a weird Chinese 4K TV who's Netflix app has stopped working. We've been through all of the procedures we could find on the web, and tried a factory reset and update but it still won't work. So, can recommend a simple device to stream Netflix instead? He's thinking of an Amazon Firestick but I've read some reviews about 4K picture quality being poor.

Thanks.

oliver1948uk 17-09-2020 11:26

Re: Streaming Netflix issue

If he has a smartphone, Chromecast. Picture quality on HD excellent. Do not know about UHD

Hom3r 17-09-2020 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 (Post 36050471)

My friend has a weird Chinese 4K TV who's Netflix app has stopped working. We've been through all of the procedures we could find on the web, and tried a factory reset and update but it still won't work. So, can recommend a simple device to stream Netflix instead? He's thinking of an Amazon Firestick but I've read some reviews about 4K picture quality being poor.

Thanks.

Try uninstalling Netflix on TV then reinstall

SnoopZ 17-09-2020 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 (Post 36050471)

Thanks.

Get a Firestick 4K £49.99, you can slide load stuff onto it to watch what you want too. ;)

I've not had issues with a Firestick 4K being poor, this is the go to stick.

Chris 17-09-2020 21:41

I’ve had a Firestick for years (pre voice remote and UHD). Initially it was how we accessed streaming content on our main tv, these days we have a smart tv so the fire stick lives in the spare room and goes away on holiday with us. I can’t really fault it ... I guess its response is a little slow by modern standards but I expect a new one would be zippier.

SnoopZ 17-09-2020 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36050584)
I’ve had a Firestick for years (pre voice remote and UHD). Initially it was how we accessed streaming content on our main tv, these days we have a smart tv so the fire stick lives in the spare room and goes away on holiday with us. I can’t really fault it ... I guess its response is a little slow by modern standards but I expect a new one would be zippier.

Yes the 4K stick is faster, I used to have the original stick but that eventually got to slow and I had issues installing newer versions of Kodi on it.

ThunderPants73 18-09-2020 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36050567)
Try uninstalling Netflix on TV then reinstall

Tried that.

ThunderPants73 26-09-2020 20:31

Firestick works brilliantly, thanks folks.