Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Contractors (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33673634)

JayJay 05-01-2011 13:10

Contractors

Hot off the press.

There will now only be two contractors working for Virgin Media... McNicolas and Fujitsu.

McNicolas will be taking over England and Wales and Fujitsu will be taking over Scotland and Ireland.

This should fall in place around March/April time.

Pierre 05-01-2011 13:44

Re: Contractors

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayJay (Post 35147556)
Hot off the press.

There will now only be two contractors working for Virgin Media... McNicolas and Fujitsu.

McNicolas will be taking over England and Wales and Fujitsu will be taking over Scotland and Ireland.

Not strictly correct.

McNicholas have South London, South West & South East

and

Fujitsu have Scotland, Northern Ireland and the North East

The other areas will be awarded by April. So there may be other contractors in the frame for those areas not yet awarded.

Sirius 05-01-2011 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayJay (Post 35147556)
Hot off the press.

I take it that is for Residential installs and has nothing to do with Business services ???.

The reason i ask is that we have not been told anything about this on the business side of VM.

JayJay 05-01-2011 14:01

I stand corrected.

Not being in the office today, I didnt hear it direct from the horses mouth. It should be interesting to see what, if any, changes are made by these contractors.

---------- Post added at 13:01 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

Ive not heard anything about business side of things.

Pierre 05-01-2011 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayJay (Post 35147575)
I stand corrected.

Not being in the office today, I didnt hear it direct from the horses mouth. It should be interesting to see what, if any, changes are made by these contractors.

---------- Post added at 13:01 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

Ive not heard anything about business side of things.

It covers Residential, Business Install and associated Civil work.

MovedGoalPosts 05-01-2011 14:31

Having been awaiting a business broadband install now for a couple of months, one of the excuses for delays (outside of weather, christmas, council permits - the list goes on), is a change of contractors. Thus whatever is going on would appear to affect all of VM's areas.

Nedkelly 05-01-2011 18:01

some of the Map managers have been called to a meeting tomorrow morning It seems a big change is going on :erm:

WooLLsterQ 05-01-2011 18:22

The main core of the "contractors" ie the installation guys stays the same no matter who the contractor is, they just work for a different company and they can even stay on their current employment contracts if they like.

JayJay 05-01-2011 19:10

We know we are safe but obviously a few changes are going to be made, more so with management I would of thought, for all contracting companies across the country.

MapRcrap 12-01-2011 10:04

All the main mangers are in the Birmingham yard today, lets hope Map Group Uk have lost the contract.

jungleguy 12-01-2011 12:03

does this mean no more Kellys?

MapRcrap 12-01-2011 12:40

BREAKING NEWS:

MAP GROUP UK LTD HAVE LOST THE BIRMINGHAM CONTRACT, AVONLINE WILL BE TAKING OVER FEBRUARY 1st 2011. ALL managers in the Birmingham site have been put on 30 day notice

beller 16-01-2011 04:14

Hi everyone, well I quit Avonline back about a month ago and yeaterday I had two phone calls from install techs saying that Avonline had lost the contract for Bristol for sure, but were also under the inpression they have lost the entire Virgin contract. One of the calls said that Mark Wyn (Avonline MD) had said himself about the Virgin loss, but I guess from the other posts it is indeed the entire contract has been lost.

The reason I quit if your interested, lo, tbh it's is one crappy industry to be in on the install tech side of things. Sub contract companys think they can almost make their own rules when it comes to hour's and work practice.

JayJay 16-01-2011 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleguy (Post 35151174)
does this mean no more Kellys?

Rumour has it, Kellys have packed their bags already. But you know what a rumour mill is like...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapRcrap (Post 35151174)
BREAKING NEWS:

MAP GROUP UK LTD HAVE LOST THE BIRMINGHAM CONTRACT, AVONLINE WILL BE TAKING OVER FEBRUARY 1st 2011. ALL managers in the Birmingham site have been put on 30 day notice

Wow, that is interesting. Alot of Avonline guys thought Avonline was knackered. Getting the Birmingham contract will be interesting since they lost it last time. But then looks like you got your wish MapRcrap ? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by beller (Post 35151174)
Hi everyone, well I quit Avonline back about a month ago and yeaterday I had two phone calls from install techs saying that Avonline had lost the contract for Bristol for sure, but were also under the inpression they have lost the entire Virgin contract. One of the calls said that Mark Wyn (Avonline MD) had said himself about the Virgin loss, but I guess from the other posts it is indeed the entire contract has been lost.

The reason I quit if your interested, lo, tbh it's is one crappy industry to be in on the install tech side of things. Sub contract companys think they can almost make their own rules when it comes to hour's and work practice.

Im fairly certain that McNicholas has got Bristol, from what I've been told (Im in Devon...). I understand your reasons for leaving, I think most of us can relate that that beller!

Ems121 21-01-2011 16:50

Are there any updates on what will happen with MAP in the coventry area?
will they be keping their contract??
MAP is a crap company, similar to how Beller described AvonLine!!
always think you dont have a life outside work! tell you on a friday you will be working monday which is the day off! not organised at all rubbish pay and the managers think they are better than you cos they sit in a n office all day!!
anyone know who will have the contract in gloucestershire??