Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Racing (Car) : Formula 1 2015 Season thread (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33699426)

MalteseFalcon 23-11-2014 13:48

Formula 1 2015 Season thread

Thought would start this one today as we are on the last race of the 2014 season.

CONFIRMED CALENDAR

15 March - Australian GP
29 March - Malaysian GP
5 April - Bahrain GP
19 April - Shanghai GP
10 May - Spanish GP
24 May - Monaco GP
7 June - Canadian GP
21 June - Austrian GP
5 July - British GP
19 July - German GP, no venue specified as yet. Should be the Nurburgring.
26 July - Hungarian GP
23 August - Belgian GP
6 September - Italian GP
20 September - Singapore GP
27 September - Japanese GP
11 October - Russian GP
25 October - US GP
1 November - Mexican GP
15 November - Brazilian GP
29 November - Abu Dhabi GP

This is the first Mexican GP the 1992 season. On that occasion, Mansell was pole winner and went on to win the race. Riccardo Patrese, his team mate, came second with Schumacher third. Gerhard Berger set the fastest time over the race.

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:41 ----------

CONFIRMED DRIVERS

Caterham - TBA & TBA
Ferrari - Sebastien Vettel (GER) & Kimi Raikkonen (FIN)
Force India - Sergio Perez (MEX) & Nico Hulkenberg (GER)
Lotus - Romain Grosjean (FRA) & Pastor Maldonado (VEN)
McLaren - TBA & TBA
Mercedes - Nico Rosberg (GER) & Lewis Hamilton (ENG)
Red Bull - Daniel Riccaiardo (AUS) & Daniil Kvyat (RUS)
Sauber - Marcus Ericsson (SWE) & Felipe Nasr (BRA)
Toro-Rosso - Max Verstappen (NED) & TBA
Williams - Felipe Massa (BRA) & Valtteri Bottas (FIN)

hedgie 23-11-2014 22:27

Re: Formula 1 2015 Season thread

Williams Constructors title in 2015 :)

Ricciardo Drivers title ??

denphone 24-11-2014 05:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedgie (Post 35742782)

Ricciardo Drivers title ??

No not quite yet in my book hedgie.

andy_m 24-11-2014 06:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedgie (Post 35742782)

Bottas Drivers title ??

EFA.

(In my dreams!)

Matth 24-11-2014 23:33

Will Caterham make it? - Pity Marussia couldn't be rescued as their 2 points would have earned them a better share.

2015 could be a crisis year for F1 ... will it bring 3 car teams, will another team sponsor follow Red Bull and run two teams

andy_m 25-11-2014 20:42

Caterham have made it in to end of season testing - Will Stevens finished 6th on today's timesheet. Bottas topped it, but Vandoorne only managed 3 laps in the McLaren Honda.

andy_m 27-11-2014 06:35

Formula One Commission have formally dropped double points for next season, ruled out standing restarts following a safety car period and also decided not to restrict radio messages like in the latter part of 2014. Link is auf Deutsch...

http://m.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for...g-8892500.html

denphone 27-11-2014 07:57

Thank god double points have been dropped as whoever made that decision is a idiot who basically has no clue about the sport.

Stop It 27-11-2014 08:25

Well, common sense prevails all round it seems there!

Anyway, I know this is crazy, but I think I'll be putting a small wager on Alonso winning the WDC next year. I'll get great odds and while I would love to see Hamilton win a 3rd championship next year, it'll be fun to have Honda back at the top of the sport.

andy_m 27-11-2014 14:18

On the basis of their end of season testing I wouldn't be hoping for too much from McLaren-Honda right away. Managing more than three laps would be progress from where they are right now!

So predicition time:

I think we'll see a third championship from Hamilton next year in a car that will maintain a competitive advantage over most of the field and should benefit from improved reliability after a year of the new regs. That should mean he comfortably beats Rosberg who's best chance of a championship ended on Sunday, imo. Williams might take the odd win, and we can only expect improvement from Red Bull. If Massa can stay out of trouble I expect that he, Rosberg, Bottas and Ricciardo will fight it out for second place. Kvyat's an interesting proposition, but very raw. I think William's more experienced driver line up will see them be much closer to Red Bull in the constructor's championship. If they can pick up a couple of wins they could beat them in to second place. If that happens don't be surprised to see Mateschitz threaten to pull the plug and Horner go.

I can't see the benefit in Ferrari having two drivers who've struggled with the new formula and, as ever, they are in transition having now got rid of Matiacci. The only point in their favour I can see is the rule change that means most teams will have to run a nose configuration that's closest to what Ferrari ran this year.

I expect McLaren to start slowly but improve, and be comfortably ahead of Force India this time around, although Lotus will no doubt benefit from replacing McLaren as a Merc customer so I expect we'll see them back amongst the midfield as well.

MalteseFalcon 27-11-2014 22:36

McLaren will be powered by Honda engines next season, Lotus will change from Renault to Mercedes engines, and despite Marussia provisionally being on the team list for 2015 under the name Manor F1, they will no longer be in F1.

And also the rolling restart after a Safety Car period will be scrapped, instead they will line up on the grid again and start as if it is the start of the race. Only exception will be if the race is in the last 5 laps and so will use the rolling restart.

SnoopZ 28-11-2014 00:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35743618)
McLaren will be powered by Honda engines next season, Lotus will change from Renault to Mercedes engines, and despite Marussia provisionally being on the team list for 2015 under the name Manor F1, they will no longer be in F1.

And also the rolling restart after a Safety Car period will be scrapped, instead they will line up on the grid again and start as if it is the start of the race. Only exception will be if the race is in the last 5 laps and so will use the rolling restart.

Your last paragraph is wrong.

The proposal for a standing restart has been scrapped so we will continue with the current rolling restart after a safety car.

http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/display/09609

MalteseFalcon 28-11-2014 06:18

Ah. Wiki obviously didn't update that part then, thanks snoop.

SnoopZ 29-11-2014 13:38

Carlos Sainz Jnr confirmed for Toro-Rosso.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formul...-rosso-4715807

andy_m 08-12-2014 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35743991)
Carlos Sainz Jnr confirmed for Toro-Rosso.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formul...-rosso-4715807

Yes, and JEV has ended up at Andretti in formula e this weekend. Joins Buemi and Alguesuari as ex-Toro Rosso fe drivers.

Also, for the op, looks like we need to shoehorn Korea into the calendar for next year.