Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   General IT Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Mystery Reboot Problem (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=27790)

sL0c 26-04-2005 16:32

Mystery Reboot Problem

Recently my computer has been restarting by itself out of the blue & was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem or knows what is going on... here is the error message a i get when it starts up again...

The system has recovered from a serious error.

Error Signature

BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : 00000016 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 804DBDA3 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\Gareth\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8d2d.dir00\Min i042605-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Gareth\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8d2d.dir00\sys data.xml

:tu:

Thanks in advance

zing_deleted 26-04-2005 16:37

Re: Mystery Reboot Problem

First to stop pc rebooting go into control panel,system,advanced, start up and recovery and untick automatically restart

You will then get a blue screen instead of the reboot
If the message is different to the one you put in thread please copy that for me

Aragorn 26-04-2005 16:48

Most XP Stops (BSOD's) are down to bad drivers.

Have any drivers changed recently? Added new hardware?

Was the system upgraded from ME to XP (known prob in MS KB!)?

Not easy to work out which driver is faulty without reading the memory dump :(

gary_580 26-04-2005 16:52

are you using a GeForce FX by any chance?

sL0c 27-04-2005 18:12

I have recently changed my CPU, it didnt happen before that but took a while after i installed the cpu b4 it stated 2 reboot by itself. I havent got a GeForce FX - I have a cheapo MX

Semi On 27-04-2005 18:18

Were all surfaces clean before you applied your thermal paste/pad? This exact same thing happened to me when I installed new heatsinks in my box a while back. I didn't clean the old gunk off my CPU properly, which made for a bad contact and overheating, leading to constant reboots.

If nothing else works, it's worth a try.

zing_deleted 27-04-2005 18:22

Any chance of you stopping the restart how i stated earlier and giving us the new message

sL0c 28-04-2005 00:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinglebarb
Any chance of you stopping the restart how i stated earlier and giving us the new message

I have stopped the reboot, just waiting for it to reboot again, cheers

Millay 28-04-2005 02:12

I had this earlier on a customers machine, stopping auto restart did nothing, finally narrowed it down to be a corruption of the system files, a chkdsk sorted it.. but random re-boots can be one of a million things...

sL0c 04-05-2005 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinglebarb

Hi, just restarted again, did what you said & had this.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

*** STOP: 0X00000000A (0X0000000016 ...............

BEGINNING PHYSICAL MEMORY DUMP..... COMPLETED.

Said to check recently installed hardware & the only thing i have installed in a new CPU, do you think this is the problem, dirty contact or something?

Thanks again

kronas 04-05-2005 16:08

what operating system are you using ? you could try and booting in safe mode (press f8 during the post display) and see if the system is running fine then....if it is then it might be software rather than hardware.

the error message usally means its a RAM or driver problem.

zing_deleted 04-05-2005 16:10

This could well be memory related, please download this,burn to a cd,then boot from this program http://www.memtest86.com/ you may need to go into bios and search for boot orders and ensure cd is selected first.If this test shows errors then this would be the problem
If the ram runs a few passes with no errors,download prime95 from http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm run this whilst online(select just stress testing) then connect to prime net.This test will fail very quickly if the cpu is faulty,I would allow to run for 30 minutes or so at least

IanGuy 04-05-2005 16:50

Also try updating your bios, or if you are using an unofficial bios then flash to an original version.

Make sure that your bios settings are all set to default. I doubt it's to do with the cpu, as it's usually to do with memory timings or driver problems. IRQL states that an invalid IRQ is being looked up, or is conflicting with another device.

zing_deleted 04-05-2005 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by sL0c
Hi, just restarted again, did what you said & had this.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

*** STOP: 0X00000000A (0X0000000016 ...............

BEGINNING PHYSICAL MEMORY DUMP..... COMPLETED.

Said to check recently installed hardware & the only thing i have installed in a new CPU, do you think this is the problem, dirty contact or something?

Thanks again

The fact that the cpu is a new piece of hardware would at least merit a test

Grayflyer 20-12-2006 10:49

BCCode : 24: 00000016 BCP1 : 001900FE BCP2: F7B8D910
BCP3 : F7B8D60C BCP4 80515785 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

Help please....I started having random rebooting of my system some time ago after upgrading my machine. At first I thought it was the new 2nd Hard disk I installed. So I sent it back and fitted a replacement. Things went okay for a few days then crashed again saying new hardware at fault. So I removed the extra memory I had installed, things then went great (even FS9 worked without problems) So I sent the DDR extra memory chips back and got a replacement..... refitted the new ones and things was great. Then I moved houses set up my gear got back online etc. THEN this starts up again ie the machine can run for hours no problem then out of the blue it reboots or it can just run for a few minutes then reboots. Above is the Error Signature ( I have checked the connections both inside & out to see if anything is loose, nothing found)

Can anyone help me (please in Layman's Language the grey matter is wearing out fast!!!!!!:rolleyes: )

Regards Gray