Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   All F1 2004 Discussions (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=8810)

homealone 03-03-2004 14:03

All F1 2004 Discussions

The 2004 season starts this Sunday, there are new rules, new cars & new drivers.

So, has anyone any thoughts on how it might go? Another Schumacher title? Raikkonen to fulfil his potential?

I thought the 2003 season was much better than 2002 and hope this year will continue that trend - no 'launch control' & only being allowed one engine per race should make things interesting.........:)

gazzae 03-03-2004 14:14

Re: Formula One Motor Racing

If you ask me another Schumacher title, but I have a feeling the Montoya could give him a good challenge.

ic14 03-03-2004 14:18

If its yet another M Shumacher title i wont bother watching formula 1 ever again, its getting boring with the same person wining each year :zzz:

homealone 03-03-2004 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazzae
If you ask me another Schumacher title, but I have a feeling the Montoya could give him a good challenge.

I think Montoya will be out to win it too, the interesting thing is how his intended move to Ferrari, next season, will influence his 'relationship' with Schumacher on the track.

The other issue at the start of the season may be how the new Ferrari & new Williams compare - the changes to the new Ferrari are allegedly less radical than those to the new Williams, so reliability may be a factor?

DrAwesome 03-03-2004 14:28

I'll be watching F1, qualifying runs from 02.30 on Saturday morning but if your still inspecting your eyelids for cracks at that time it's repeated at 13.30.

link to all the latest F1 News

Nugget 03-03-2004 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by homealone
I think Montoya will be out to win it too, the interesting thing is how his intended move to Ferrari, next season, will influence his 'relationship' with Schumacher on the track.

The other issue at the start of the season may be how the new Ferrari & new Williams compare - the changes to the new Ferrari are allegedly less radical than those to the new Williams, so reliability may be a factor?

Errrrrrrrr - isn't Montoya going to McLaren? :pp Hang your head in shame, my little friend :waving:

DrAwesome 03-03-2004 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugget
Errrrrrrrr - isn't Montoya going to McLaren? :pp Hang your head in shame, my little friend :waving:

JPM certainly has gone to McLaren

homealone 03-03-2004 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugget

:blush:well spotted that man - head hung as instructed tallboy:pp

@ Dr A - I'm not sure if I'm going to like them running both qualifying sessions on the Saturday, we'll see...........- think I'll be going for the re-run, though:)

paulyoung666 03-03-2004 14:44

montoya is the one this season , mind you , keep an eye on alonso , i reckon we will see very good things from him this season :)

homealone 03-03-2004 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulyoung666
montoya is the one this season , mind you , keep an eye on alonso , i reckon we will see very good things from him this season :)

Renault have lost some of their advantage with the removal of launch control - but Alonso did have some cracking drives last season:)

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Raikkonen, seeing as he ran Schumie so close last season?

Jerrek 03-03-2004 14:53

F1 used to be good until they brought in all the crap laws and regulations. imho

Nor 03-03-2004 14:58

At least they've removed launch control this season. Now all we need is rid of traction control and the gear assistance. There are too many aids on cars these days and it means there aren't many errors which = hardly any overtaking. Remove the aids and hopefully we'll see racing like we used to, just abit faster.

homealone 03-03-2004 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerrek
F1 used to be good until they brought in all the crap laws and regulations. imho

I think taking away some of the driver aids is a good thing, I actually prefer watching CART or Indy (on street circuits, anyway) as they seem to be more about the drivers skill, than a 'battle of the gadgets'.:)

spacedhopper 03-03-2004 15:00

F1 is ok, but for the most exciting racing you can't beat World Superbikes or MotoGP, just my 2 penneth!!

paulyoung666 03-03-2004 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by homealone
I think taking away some of the driver aids is a good thing, I actually prefer watching CART or Indy (on street circuits, anyway) as they seem to be more about the drivers skill, than a 'battle of the gadgets'.:)

definitely go along with that :tu: