Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Sky+ app do you use it ? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33692101)

muppetman11 19-02-2013 18:58

Sky+ app do you use it ?

With some of the new features available on Android and the full suite on iOS do you use the Sky+ app ?

I find I now schedule the majority of my recordings/series links and generally organise my planner via the ipad app , it's also handy for viewing the On Demand catalogue without disturbing your viewing and starting it downloading to the STB.

What future features would you like to see ? Personally I'd like an 'Away' mode like the VM TV Anywhere app currently has allowing you to edit your planner on the move , the ultimate would be the ability to view recordings off your Sky+HD box in the app.

Tezcatlipoca 19-02-2013 19:04

Re: Sky+ app do you use it ?

Yup, I use it on my iPad and iPhone. Excellent app, very handy to be able to manage the Planner without using the box & remote.

I agree with your dream features.

Bogof 19-02-2013 19:52

I use it on my iPhone/iPad daily, I even use it as my remote control aswell to change channel, delete recordings, browse ondemand and set downloads/recordings.

I don't know how we lived with out such things , how did we ever think it was acceptable to interrupt our viewing and reduce the main screen to less than 1 quarter of screen size just to check the planner is beyond me. I love second screen tech.

nstokes 19-02-2013 20:16

I use it on my phone alot to set recordings and delete stuff from my planner. I use the iPad app to look at On Demand content as well

v0id 19-02-2013 21:05

I use it as a TV guide, it's quicker and smoother than the Virginmedia app

bubblegun 19-02-2013 21:40

They should bring out a Never Miss app integrated into the Sky+ app in someway.

muppetman11 19-02-2013 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubblegun (Post 35538807)
They should bring out a Never Miss app integrated into the Sky+ app in someway.

That's a brilliant idea , its been said many times on numerous forums. I regularly use the Sky Never Miss service however I'd love to get notifications via an app allowing me too directly set a series link through my tablet/smartphone rather than via email.

Doz007 20-02-2013 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by v0id (Post 35538790)
I use it as a TV guide, it's quicker and smoother than the Virginmedia app

I used to do the same when I was a VM customer. :)

Now I use the app all the time to set up recordings and browse the TV guide and On Demand. I really like the highlights section of the app as well, I've discovered several good programmes because of it!

Mick Fisher 20-02-2013 17:51

I use it all the time.

It's the best thing since sliced bread. :)

I dunno how I lived without it. :)

Agree about nevermiss.

nstokes 20-02-2013 19:02

Just set something to record on the iPad app and it told me that the items will clash and automatically gave an alternative airing for one of the items. Thats much better than me trying to work it out and find another airing

Mick Fisher 21-02-2013 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstokes (Post 35539222)
Just set something to record on the iPad app and it told me that the items will clash and automatically gave an alternative airing for one of the items. Thats much better than me trying to work it out and find another airing

That's the Clash Manager at work!!

Brilliant ain't it :)

dilli-theclaw 21-02-2013 17:47

I use it to wind Peter up by controlling the Box from the other room :)

nstokes 21-02-2013 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick Fisher (Post 35539802)
That's the Clash Manager at work!!

Brilliant ain't it :)

I like it. They just need to bring that to the STB now oh and to android devices as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35539803)
I use it to wind Peter up by controlling the Box from the other room :)

Lol that sounds funny, make him think its a ghost :D

Mick Fisher 22-02-2013 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstokes (Post 35539866)
I like it. They just need to bring that to the STB now oh and to android devices as well

Probably but personally I don't ever use the STB's interface since I started using the sky+ app so I am not really bothered.

muppetman11 22-02-2013 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick Fisher (Post 35540217)
Probably but personally I don't ever use the STB's interface since I started using the sky+ app so I am not really bothered.

I'm pretty much the same , it allows you to schedule recordings , edit your planner without disturbing your viewing and the highlights section looks brilliant on the iPads retina display.