Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   People opinions (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33659859)

gadge 02-01-2010 13:41

People opinions

How have peoples expectations on vm gone since the name change the mergers of ntl/telewest do you thinks things have improved/got worse or stayed the same.
For me they seem to be doing very well,more hd would be nice but they seem to be going in the right direction.

Sirius 02-01-2010 13:49

Re: People opinions

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadge (Post 34937257)
How have peoples expectations on vm gone since the name change the mergers of ntl/telewest do you thinks things have improved/got worse or stayed the same.
For me they seem to be doing very well,more hd would be nice but they seem to be going in the right direction.

Yep been fine for me and they are getting better.

Toto 02-01-2010 13:52

I think its difficult to be objective here without being shouted down by those with opposing views..

My general impression is since the merger, and particularly since the re-brand to Virgin Media generally things have improved.

Had they not merged and re-branded would we have had......

More HD content than we have ever had.
Baseline modem speeds of up to10Mb.
Upper end speeds up to 50Mb.
Competitive pricing

I'm not sure to be honest. But given that I have been with them since 97', and they have given me no reason to leave, and the competition have not made a compelling argument to join them, I'm an advocate.

webcrawler2050 02-01-2010 14:11

Fine for me. Good service to me. Happy with it to be fair.

Hiroki 02-01-2010 14:55

I preferred it when it was Telewest as they were more reliable, had English speaking agents, told less lies and had local offices (well one in Gateshead) so it was easy to contact them. Much less of a fight really.

Peter_ 02-01-2010 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiroki (Post 34937307)
I preferred it when it was Telewest as they were more reliable, had English speaking agents, told less lies and had local offices (well one in Gateshead) so it was easy to contact them. Much less of a fight really.

The Gateshead office is not a technical support centre, they are Liverpool for Telewset and Swansea for NTL, and we also have Airdrie.

Then the are many other offices for different departments throughout the UK.

My area was originally Cable North West and I have had no major issues in the 16 years that we have been with them.

Digital Fanatic 02-01-2010 15:45

I think Gateshead also had NMC (movers) and Customer Relations a while back, but as Moldova say not Tech Support.

I'm, also from the Telewest side of the business originally. :)

Hiroki 02-01-2010 16:15

Well whatever it was it had a place where you could talk to people face-to-face and get your problems sorted and you could pay your bill there.

Only problem with that place is when they stole money from my parents years ago which has prevented them from being able to get vm to this day.

Peter_ 02-01-2010 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiroki (Post 34937386)

Only problem with that place is when they stole money from my parents years ago which has prevented them from being able to get vm to this day.

In what way did they steal money and prevent them from signing up.

Hiroki 02-01-2010 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moldova (Post 34937387)
In what way did they steal money and prevent them from signing up.

Well my parents paid at the office for their cable and got a receipt for it but a week or so after paying Telewest called to say that they owed them for the very bill they paid and wouldn't accept that they had paid (even though they had the receipt) so my parents refused to pay and Telewest started sending out the threatening letters and eventually came and collected their boxes.

My parents tried to sign up when it became VM but they said they wouldn't sign them up until they paid off the debt they owe - but don't actually owe anything - so that's how they stole money from them

Peter_ 02-01-2010 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiroki (Post 34937400)
Well my parents paid at the office for their cable and got a receipt for it but a week or so after paying Telewest called to say that they owed them for the very bill they paid and wouldn't accept that they had paid (even though they had the receipt) so my parents refused to pay and Telewest started sending out the threatening letters and eventually came and collected their boxes.

My parents tried to sign up when it became VM but they said they wouldn't sign them up until they paid off the debt they owe - but don't actually owe anything - so that's how they stole money from them

If they still have the bill and receipt write a letter to the CEO's office explaining what the issue is and that is why you do not have services.

If you still have the proof use it.

Maggy 02-01-2010 17:17

Still better than NTL...:erm:

Hiroki 02-01-2010 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moldova (Post 34937421)
If they still have the bill and receipt write a letter to the CEO's office explaining what the issue is and that is why you do not have services.

If you still have the proof use it.

They still have all the post they have received/copy's of what they sent, the receipt and a few of the phone conversions - Thing is though after the way they have been treated I doubt they would go back to cable now, but I will pass on your bit of advice to them :)

Welshchris 02-01-2010 18:03

NTL was far better than Virgin Media.

12noon 02-01-2010 18:10

When Yorkshire cable first started up in my area, i switched over from Sky with it's old giant sized dish on the wall that used to lose reception in the winter. Yorkshire cable was better than Sky back then, but wasn't fantastic. Yorkshire cable then became part of Telewest and things improved even more on what we started with and now we are on Virgin and wouldn't look back. I wish the tech support was as local as it used to be though.